Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 AM

35 posts, read 87,992 times

Advertisements

I would look for a native speaker as a nanny and when they watch you kids for you ask that they only speak spanish to them.

If you know good enough spanish to speak to someone that is only a spanish speaker (not bilingual), you can probably get someone pretty cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 05:33 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times
Hey can I ask a question. I work with a guy who said his brother did this with his kid, and the kid barely talked at all even at two years old. He turned out okay though graduated from Vanderbilt from what the guy said. Similarly my cousin was doing this with her kids, and neither of them seemed to talk before they were pretty old. I mean it was sort of spooky that they didn't even make noise other than to cry.

Is this a rare thing, or do all kids that folks do this to have trouble really getting started talking in either language.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:44 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
If a child is not talking - not speaking sentences but just making sounds at least - then I would have his/her hearing checked.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM

144 posts, read 277,817 times
I found someone who teaches Spanish. If you would like the information, send me a message.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 AM

7 posts, read 17,959 times
Hello, my name is Jessica Dixon. Beginning August 26, 2010, a 2 hour spanish class will be held in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The age needs to be from 3 and up. A spanish teacher who speaks no english will conduct the class. Her name is Senora Edith. My daughter has been attending her home here in Lafayette since January and we are happy to say that a class will be available now in Chattanooga. For questions please email jessica_815@comcast.net or call 423-718-8499

Old 08-08-2013, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 1,580 times
Default spanish Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica7525 View Post
Hello, I wanted to know if there is any interest in a Spanish Immersion class. I am a native speaker and have both BA in Spanish and Early childhood education. I am taught in bilingual preschools and infant/toddler programs. I am more then willing to teach a class but want to know if there is any interest,
Our company offers Spanish classes for ages 3 - 17 in the Montgomery area. I would love to talk to you Veronica about teaching for us. If you are interested, please contact me. Thanks!

Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,034,158 times
If you could have waited 15 days, this thread would have been a full three-years-old.

Congrats on your first post, even if it was a little spammy and the class is about a four hour drive away.

Edited to add: My bad, it's a four years and two month old thread. The last post was three years ago.

Last edited by CoreLysium; 08-12-2013 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: necro-post was more necro than realized

Old 08-22-2013, 06:14 PM

I beg your pardon. I was in desperate need of finding a teacher and this forum was my last resort. I didn't mean to sound spammy and I certainly didn't realize that there was a time limit on the threads. Pardon me also for trying to teach children a trade that may benefit them one day in the work place. Lastly, pardon me for trying to help another individual by offering them a $25 + hour job. Based on your reply to my thread, I would hazard to guess that you may need to learn much more than a foreign language. Perhaps you can find a class on common courtesy, professionalism, and basic manners. Good luck in your search.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 PM

And by the way, the classes are in Montomery, Auburn, and Birmingham - not four hours away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area