Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think HOAs and Home Rule are Good for a Community Regardless if in the City or County
Yes 17 48.57%
No 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 AM

79 posts, read 186,149 times

Advertisements

That is true Mad and SD. Appreciate the thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Madpatriot just for the record, it isn't only in Alabama that such things happen. There are BUbbas in Wisconsin and everywhere else I have lived all over this country.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 PM

20 posts, read 46,570 times
Default Ok Dad

Yes, more services equal more taxe, like awsome schools. I pay $6.00 per month for Madison to pick up my bulk/yard waste every week. This is not a tax, its a pay for service.

It amazes me people moving out in the county to save money, the bitching becase they dont have services like zoning, police and fire. Theres a reason you paid 40 grand less than a comp in Madison.

But I do agree with you about the idiots who have no clue when it comes to maintaining their property.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
When buying a house one should be just as concerned with the lots near you, the houses near you, and the neighbors near you.

Many people get so attatched to only the house they are viewing and later realize they now are an "oasis" in the middle of a slum.

I have observed this is much more prevelant in the south ( Alabama and Arkansas I observed) and I believe it is due to lack of zoning.

There is a huge difference if you have a neighbor who doesn't care and both of you live on 40 acres -----compared to having a neighbor who doesn't care and both of you have only one acre.

Where is the pride of ownership?

Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 AM

567 posts, read 1,743,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpatriot View Post
Yes, more services equal more taxe, like awsome schools. I pay $6.00 per month for Madison to pick up my bulk/yard waste every week. This is not a tax, its a pay for service.

It amazes me people moving out in the county to save money, the bitching becase they dont have services like zoning, police and fire. Theres a reason you paid 40 grand less than a comp in Madison.

But I do agree with you about the idiots who have no clue when it comes to maintaining their property.
I have 8 acres and saved about $250,000.00 compared to Madison county. My daughter graduated high school in Limestone county and went to colledge with the same kids from Madison County, City of Madison and Huntsville and did fine..Oh, and I have plenty of room for my clipping and surounded by trees so I don't have to look at the neighbors. The country is not for everyone. Alabama is not for everyone.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:43 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
-------"I have 8 acres"---

that is the key

Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 AM

Good thoughts, I think Limestone County is not able to keep up with the growth. Sooner or later the residents from Dist 2 will raise red flags and start demanding more services.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOTOCEO View Post
Good thoughts, I think Limestone County is not able to keep up with the growth. Sooner or later the residents from Dist 2 will raise red flags and start demanding more services.
I hope not....I moved here to get away from all the so called progress.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 AM

SD, unfortunately the county is letting the area develop and the "progress" is getting bigger. Are there developments going up near you? We still have several large farms around us of which is nice.

My main point is the county should not allow developments to go up unless it can support the demand for services the developments will require. It takes nearly 25 min for the fire department to show up and that is without a fire truck. We pay the same price for trash pickup as Madison but we do not get recycling or garden pick up and Madison does and so does Athens. Building codes are pretty much nonexistent here. As Southern Breeze several home owners found out Moderator cut: .. all lied to the County on the number of bedrooms the homes had so they put in smaller septic tanks. Now those builders are having to go back and replace the those tanks. My home was listed as a three bedroom when in fact it is four and then the MLS listed as five. It is a 3,650 sqft home, had that checked during inspection but in the County you never know what is truth or lie.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-28-2009 at 08:44 AM..

Old 07-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Unfortyunatly there are a few shady charactors like the ones you listed out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area