Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM

19 posts, read 77,343 times

Advertisements

I moved over here by the Brindlee Mountain/Morgan City area (Morgan County) in January. We moved our little family away from the Atlanta Metro suburbs precisely because of the uncouth "urbanization" occurring throughout that area. As the demographics changed, the crime increased, the schools suffered and not a night went by that I didn't have to hear the obnoxious cacophony of thumping ghetto rap noise. And so, when opportunity presented itself, we moved out here to the country, to some beautiful acreage "in the middle of nowhere."

We love living out here, but what I can't stand are these little skinny Moderator cut: .. driving through, sometimes as late as 10 or 11 pm, playing the ghetto rap noise. I never imagined that out here, that that personality disorder would exist or that any Moderator cut: .. would even be present at all out here. Nevermind the fact that I can't explain their self deprecating behavior, I cannot understand why that 'obsessed with ghetto/thug/rap culture' mentality is even an issue out here in the country. I moved here to get away from that vile and vacuous culture, and yet I still find these skinny little white kids that hate the way they were born and love the rap culture instead.

What's the deal with this? Is this a recent problem in the area? Perhaps proposing a city/county ordinance to outlaw such loud bass stereo systems is in order? Perhaps we local residents should stand en masse against this destitute behavior, and make it known that it isn't welcome here? I don't know the precise solution, but when I'm sitting outside at night listening to the peaceful sound of the crickets, the whip-poor-wills and the cows, and then that ghetto thumping interupts the peace, it infuriates me beyond words. Something needs to be done ...

Suggestions? Thus far the only suggestion I received was from a local fellow at the corner store - He said, "Ya shoulda moved to Cullman County."

Last edited by Keeper; 06-10-2009 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: wigger could be considered offensive

Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by entoman View Post
i moved over here by the brindlee mountain/morgan city area (morgan county) in january. We moved our little family away from the atlanta metro suburbs precisely because of the uncouth "urbanization" occurring throughout that area. As the demographics changed, the crime increased, the schools suffered and not a night went by that i didn't have to hear the obnoxious cacophony of thumping ghetto rap noise. And so, when opportunity presented itself, we moved out here to the country, to some beautiful acreage "in the middle of nowhere."

we love living out here, but what i can't stand are these little skinny Moderator cut: .. driving through, sometimes as late as 10 or 11 pm, playing the ghetto rap noise. I never imagined that out here, that that personality disorder would exist or that any Moderator cut: .. would even be present at all out here. Nevermind the fact that i can't explain their self deprecating behavior, i cannot understand why that 'obsessed with ghetto/thug/rap culture' mentality is even an issue out here in the country. I moved here to get away from that vile and vacuous culture, and yet i still find these skinny little white kids that hate the way they were born and love the rap culture instead.

What's the deal with this? Is this a recent problem in the area? Perhaps proposing a city/county ordinance to outlaw such loud bass stereo systems is in order? Perhaps we local resident should stand en masse against this destitute behavior, and make it known that it isn't welcome here? I don't know the precise solution, but when i'm sitting outside at night listening to the peaceful sound of the crickets, the whip-poor-wills and the cows, and then that ghetto thumping interupts the peace, it infuriates me beyond words. Something needs to be done ...

Suggestions? Thus far the only suggestion i received was from a local fellow at the corner store - he said, "ya shoulda moved to cullman county."
lol

Last edited by Keeper; 06-10-2009 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Moderator cut: ..

Don't laugh buddy. One of these guys could turn out to be your ER surgeon.

Last edited by Keeper; 06-10-2009 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: orphaned post/post you are referring to has been removed..

Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,705,717 times
I truly feel for you, having escaped the same BOOM BOOM BOOM that made my walls shake and my blood boil...I now live on a dead end instead of a through-way...so should this noise come around I have the slim chance of a better aim and more time to reload. ;)

Seriously though, that was one thing husband and I were both SO happy not to hear when we came here to visit...then some time after relocation, entering one of the local shopping centers, we heard it...the dumb thud and raging rattle of someone's automobile shaking itself apart. Standing in that parking lot I exclaimed, out loud, "NO!" Passersby might have thought I was a bit wiggy myself except that it was so obvious what had me bent.

Last edited by 33458; 06-09-2009 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: come noise...noise come.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Wigger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the sad thing is, if they actually went to the "wrong side" of town and threw up those signs ... they'd never be heard from again.

One can only wonder what occurs in the mind causing a person to idolize a culture that hates them. It's almost like some sort of transmogrified Stockholm's Syndrome ...

Last edited by EntoMan; 06-09-2009 at 10:56 PM..

Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Looking at the pic - pierced ear, cigar, contortions of his hands to make gang signs, really nice home -, etc...

Where the hell are his parents? 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Keeper; 06-10-2009 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: removed edited quote

Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
I truly feel for you, having escaped the same BOOM BOOM BOOM that made my walls shake and my blood boil...I now live on a dead end instead of a through-way...so should this noise come around I have the slim chance of a better aim and more time to reload.

Seriously though, that was one thing husband and I were both SO happy not to hear when we came here to visit...then some time after relocation, entering one of the local shopping centers, we heard it...the dumb thud and raging rattle of someone's automobile shaking itself apart. Standing in that parking lot I exclaimed, out loud, "NO!" Passersby might have thought I was a bit wiggy myself except that it was so obvious what had me bent.
That's exactly what I feel. Honestly (and unfortunately), I kind of expected to hear it in town (especially North Huntsville or over in Decatur), but over here by Brindlee Mtn? - never expected it. Going down Union Hill Rd or Cotaco-Florette Rd? - Wouldn't have suspected it.

But it's there. I've always carried my sidearm (licensed concealed carry), but after moving here, I've carried it much less often. There's so much peacefulness and less stress, I generally don't feel the need. However, if that pseudo-music is within earshot, I can only assume the one with low enough self-esteem to listen to it, also has the 'obsessed with ghetto/thug/rap culture' personality disorder and thus is potentially dangerous ... meaning I feel the need to carry again. And that doesn't bode well for them should they decide to not keep their submissive position.

It's just a bit of a downer to see these kids, even out here, infected with that mentality. They couldn't care less about their own European roots and the phenomenal accomplishments of their own people, but instead idolize a misogynistic, drug addled, violent culture that hates them. It both baffles, and infuriates me. But ... I guess the silver lining is that it's no where near as bad as where we moved from.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times

Besides, weren't we all doing the same thing with Sabbath, Floyd and Zeppelin in one of these?

http://plantbio.berkeley.edu/%7Eglass/Glasslab_site/Glass_lab_research/bob%20website/collecting%20trip%20with%20Bob%27s%20car.gif (broken link)

Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,705,717 times
I scoff! No, mine was a Nissan Sentra and I was so much cooler than that.

Ahem, snicker.

Anyway...I don't get all up in it about who's what's...I just call stupid by the right name.

P.S. Charles...those cars are not foggy enough but the folks sure do look happy.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:05 PM

No Charles, I appreciate the attempted comparison, but it's different. The ghetto/thug/rap culture is far more vile, dangerous and destructive than the rockers of old (I'm only 31, so I'm not too old lol)

Also, because of the low frequencies of the bass in rap music, and the fact that they use 1000 watt amps to push a pair of 12" subwoofers, the sound travels much farther, much louder and is much more intrusive. As loud as rock is meant to be, today's rap music on a bass system fancied by the local wiggers, just cannot be compared to blasting some Black Sabbath out of the meager factory stereo system of an old Chevy Citation or a "sporty' little Datsun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area