Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:02 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Folks.. this is NOT the right place for consumer complaints. You can not recommenda business but send a DM with specifics.

Please report any posts that violate the Terms of Service.

I agree if you have doubts about any business check with the BBB
The BBB is not very accurate as far as reflecting actual issues facing many of the subdivisions here. I checked it just recently re: a subdivision in the area for a friend, and it gave the builder an A-. But upon discussing this rating with many people who reside in his subdivision, in my honest opinion, now, knowing what I know about how this builder does business, is totally inaccurate. If most of the people in that particular builder's sub were asked to grade the builder on ethics, follow through and overall consideration of them as people, not a stream of cash, they'd probably put him in detention and send him home with Fs.

But the BBB is a place to start. Truthfully, one can try to discern a lot from the contracts/HOA docs etc., but the salient fact stands that most of the information needed is buried and difficult to find unless someone is a lawyer or has prior experience dealing with the contracts. With AL being a Buyer Beware state, I am concerned this will hurt those people moving here from out of state who have no real understanding of how insipid this problem is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 09:58 AM

11 posts, read 34,158 times
Well this has been a lively topic... Well I will give everyone first hand knowledge of whats going on because I will be building there and moving in by March. I'll let you know how everything goes - from start to finish.

=)

Old 12-11-2009, 06:25 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
ecoita: My assistant built and lives there now. They are very happy. NOT happy that there is no internet service or cable, but pleased with their home. Keep us posted

Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM

355 posts, read 963,991 times
Is this place South of gate 7 on the arsenal? If so, very convenient to workers out there!

I can't find a map of the location.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:09 PM

6 posts, read 8,131 times
Hey, I just found this site. We moved here recently and decided to build in Towne Lakes. We use dish network for cable and At&T for internet and they work great. The only complaint I have is that it is about 15 minutes away from the nearest grocery store. People also don't realize exactly how far down Zierdt we live. When I give them directions to get to our home they usually end up being about 20 minutes late and say, "Wow, you really do live ALL the way down Zierdt."

Old 12-16-2009, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 8,996 times
I've lived in Towne Lakes since June and have quite enjoyed it. There are always nay-sayers. There are always people who are knee-jerk gripers. Those kinds of folks won't be happy anywhere.

As subdivisions continue to be built down Zierdt and Wal-Triana, the grocery stores and other amenities will follow. Look what happened on County Line Road. It'll happen down in "South Madison" because that's where the land is.

As for the manufacturing plant on the south side of the lake, I hardly hear a thing from it and rarely notice that it's there. Living on the lake has been great and I've not seen any signs of a bug problem or erosion on my property. Not many folks wander around the lake and actually "camp out" in front of your home. Most folks, maybe a handful a week, just walk around the lake.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:51 AM

346 posts, read 851,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Limestone Dude View Post
Is this place South of gate 7 on the arsenal? If so, very convenient to workers out there!

I can't find a map of the location.
Yes, it's about 3 miles South of Gate 7. At the very end of Zierdt so to speak before you enter into Triana.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,573 times
So for someone who's thinking of moving to the Huntsville area...where is a good place to start looking? I was thinkiing of between Madison to Hartselle. Am looking for a good, small school system. My job is independent so I can live anywhere, hubby will have to find a position in logistics and transportation. We are moving from Indiana and familiar with the B'ham area but know nothing about Huntsville except what info I have found online.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli9001 View Post
So for someone who's thinking of moving to the Huntsville area...where is a good place to start looking? I was thinkiing of between Madison to Hartselle. Am looking for a good, small school system. My job is independent so I can live anywhere, hubby will have to find a position in logistics and transportation. We are moving from Indiana and familiar with the B'ham area but know nothing about Huntsville except what info I have found online.
That's an open-ended question and you're inviting us to guess what your preferences are. Why don't you do some research and pour through some of these threads, then ask specific questions that perhaps we can answer?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli9001 View Post
If you are looking for a small school system then check out Arab, which is 25 minutes to Huntsville. School system ranked #3 in the state. Lake Guntersville is 10 miles away,

Just like a lot of small towns there is no mall, movie theaters or chain restaurants.

Check out valleymls for housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area