Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:06 AM

6 posts, read 15,760 times

Advertisements

I was concerned about DDT as well. If you contact the public affairs office on Redstone Arsenal they can provide the documents that record what was done to make the water and area safe again. I've lived there for 4 months, drink water from the tap and haven't started glowing or growing an extra thumb or anything wierd. I'm pretty sure I'll live till a ripe old age...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 PM

10 posts, read 40,376 times
It's been almost two years since I started this thread. Since we decided to build in Towne Lakes and have lived here over a year I thought I would add my opinion as a resident and home owner. I love our neighbors and feel like our neighborhood is a safe and quiet place. I've found lots of other moms with kids close in age to mine (3 and 1) and have had fun playdates with them. I love our home and feel it was well built. We had a few minor things that needed fixing but after I filled in the request form someone was here either the same day or the next day.

The only things I don't like are: 1) It takes about 15 min to go get a gallon of milk if I forgot to pick one up and 2) because my home is one of the longer ones, my backyard isn't very big.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 5,762 times
I am moving to the area and looking at Towne Lakes. I have a 4yr old who will start kindergarten in the fall. Any suggestions or info would be really appreciated.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 AM

10 posts, read 40,376 times
I love my home here and my neighbors. My oldest is still in preschool but one of our neighbors has a six year old at Columbia and she has had a very positive experience with the teachers and curriculum there. Sometimes he rides the bus and there have never been any problems.

I disagree with the negative comments about Triana and the area after having lived here for over a year. The things that seem to bug people about living out here are non-issues. We have a smaller mortgage for the same home being built elsewhere. The lot size is a bit smaller and we are about five minutes longer down the road than if we had built (the same home) in River Landing which is the other neighborhood we were considering (I think River Landing is a great community and I love the pool, etc. We would have bought there if we didn't have any kids, but we wanted Madison city schools for elementary school and jr. high so we went with Towne Lakes.)

Like I've said before it's obviously not for everyone but I personally love my home and my neighborhood/neighbors. Everyone is very nice and when you go on walks in the evenings many people are out walking their dogs, jogging, or taking their kids on a walk--it's a good time to meet others.

Best wishes intopraise, I hope you find a home and neighborhood that works for you!!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:08 PM

6 posts, read 15,760 times
I just wanted to piggy back on what "movingtohuntsville" had to say, the neighbor hood is great, people are always out in the evenings and while it is not in the middle of madison or huntsville it's not too far either. A gas station is four miles up the road and a Publics Grocery Store and small shopping center is eight miles up the road. Bridgestreet town center is 20 minutes away. HWY 72 with all the other shopping is about 20 minutes away in the other direction. I've been here since Oct 2010 and I've loved it so far. The neighbors around me are friendly and look out for each other.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:03 PM

4 posts, read 3,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth27 View Post
Hey, I just found this site. We moved here recently and decided to build in Towne Lakes. We use dish network for cable and At&T for internet and they work great. The only complaint I have is that it is about 15 minutes away from the nearest grocery store. People also don't realize exactly how far down Zierdt we live. When I give them directions to get to our home they usually end up being about 20 minutes late and say, "Wow, you really do live ALL the way down Zierdt."
Hi Ruth27 or anyone familiar with the Town Lake area,
we are new to AL and are looking to purchase a home in the Towne lake area by the pond. We were concerned about cell phone service and especially good internet service in that area since I work very often from home.
Your post for 2009 indicated you have had a good experience with At&T for internet. Could you let us know if it still remains a +ve experience? Is it high speed , cost , etc.
Who do you use for cell phone and have you had any issue with calls dropping ?

Any information would be helpful ? thank you in advance.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:08 PM

493 posts, read 712,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwriyel View Post
Hi Ruth27 or anyone familiar with the Town Lake area,
we are new to AL and are looking to purchase a home in the Towne lake area by the pond. We were concerned about cell phone service and especially good internet service in that area since I work very often from home.
Your post for 2009 indicated you have had a good experience with At&T for internet. Could you let us know if it still remains a +ve experience? Is it high speed , cost , etc.
Who do you use for cell phone and have you had any issue with calls dropping ?

Any information would be helpful ? thank you in advance.
I don't know anything about cell phone service or internet service down there but one nice thing about Towne Lakes since the time this thread was started is that it has been completely built out and all of the homes are finished. D.R. Horton still owns several of them but they have been completed.

I live off of Zierdt Road and Martin Road and have AT&T and my service is great but I'm a good bit closer to Madison Blvd than Towne Lakes is.

Also, there's a new Dollar General store off Martin Road (was built this year) that sells some groceries so you don't have to go all the way to Madison Blvd to pick up groceries.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:58 AM

4 posts, read 3,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
I don't know anything about cell phone service or internet service down there but one nice thing about Towne Lakes since the time this thread was started is that it has been completely built out and all of the homes are finished. D.R. Horton still owns several of them but they have been completed.

I live off of Zierdt Road and Martin Road and have AT&T and my service is great but I'm a good bit closer to Madison Blvd than Towne Lakes is.

Also, there's a new Dollar General store off Martin Road (was built this year) that sells some groceries so you don't have to go all the way to Madison Blvd to pick up groceries.
Thank you for your reply. I somehow assumed reply would come to me in my email box and did not see this until just now.

Would you happen to know anything about the subdivision off of County Line Road in the Madison area called "Copperfield"?

Any idea what elementary, middle and high schools are assigned to homes in the Copperfield subdivision and how does one find that out ?

Old 10-05-2016, 12:28 PM

183 posts, read 228,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwriyel View Post
Thank you for your reply. I somehow assumed reply would come to me in my email box and did not see this until just now.

Would you happen to know anything about the subdivision off of County Line Road in the Madison area called "Copperfield"?

Any idea what elementary, middle and high schools are assigned to homes in the Copperfield subdivision and how does one find that out ?

Copperfield is Limestone County. Creekside elementary and East Limestone High School. How to find out - look up what is for sale in there on valleymls. The MLS (multiple listing service) have the designated school districts.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:51 PM

640 posts, read 696,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyRuben View Post
Copperfield is Limestone County. Creekside elementary and East Limestone High School. How to find out - look up what is for sale in there on valleymls.
And the parts of Copperfield that you can see from County Line Road are rather aged and unappealing.

David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area