Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:51 PM

426 posts, read 1,272,583 times

Advertisements

Hmmm....house to sell. Maybe it is wise to consider staying behind and letting the hubby go for a while. Hopefully, the house will sell soon. Another benefit would be that he'd have time to leisurely explore areas of town and talk to co-workers and friends that he meets to see what they think will meet your needs. No sense rushing into a home purchase here unless you are comfortable with the home, school and area for a reasonable period of time. Can you come visit some, too? Is it a reasonable drive for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 03:54 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,960,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4ever View Post
Can you come visit some, too? Is it a reasonable drive for you?
Nah, just use the webcam....

Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 PM

166 posts, read 344,741 times
It's only a 10 hour drive so not too terribly bad. We'll figure something out. I think our house not selling is putting more stress on top of the stress of wondering where to live and what schools, etc. I appreciate all of the different input from everyone, it helps us to make a better decision with other ideas given to consider.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 PM

166 posts, read 344,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
No more stress, eh? Separating the family is not stressful? Good luck to you. Sorry my hometown is not good enough. We'll work that much harder to make it right for you. Mkay?
I love your hometown. Went down there to visit and fell in love with it! It's just not knowing where to go for schools and housing, so many choices it's overwhelming. Plus our house not selling is the worst of it by far. I've worked myself into a migraine! I've only had four migraines in my life and this is bad! I'm sure it will all work out, moving is a highly stressful thing so I'm a bit of a nut case right now

Old 07-10-2009, 05:44 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
my wife finish up her affairs back in California.

Did she find out about your affairs?

(image not protected by copyright)
http://wifecheatingonhusband.com/images/cheatingwife2.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-10-2009, 09:48 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
LOL Charles! Where DO you find these hilarious photos?

If you want a bit of land, you would be better off out in the county...any county around Huntsville. Madison County, yes, but cheaper land in a neighboring county: Limestone, Morgan, Marshall, or even over the Tennessee border.
And since you're going to stay put for a while, you have plenty of time to look around. No pressure.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:31 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,960,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Did she find out about your affairs?
Yes Charles... I've told her about "us"

She said OK, as long as it's just cyber

Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,867,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wls2624 View Post
My husband can go live down there and we will stay here until our house sells or he can find a different job back here. There, no more stress.
You're just asking for divorce IMO. It reads as though your desires are out of line with your husbands. It's a shame.

My home is where ever my family is and I'd live with them in hell over a heaven without them.

I think you just fear change... and that's possibly the worst of all fears because in fact, life is change. Embrace it... you'll find immeasurable happiness in going with the flow over swimming upstream. A positive attitude is the best place to live. The challenges you face are simply opportunites to have new experiences and discover new things about yourself. I've personally been there, done that, and am thankful I finally went where the wind blows. I cannot express the sense of relief... religious people would say its "giving in to God's will" or whatever; I say its simply not fighting everything in a vain effort to maintain the status quo and living in fear of change... in fact, in fear of life.

Let go of your worry, let the wind take you where it may, and enjoy every minute of the ride. Stress is all in your head... perfection is a state of mind. Good luck to you.

ps - the majority of schools and neighborhoods are good, the nitpicking you often read here is insane. Just go! The time you live in temporary housing while selling your home will give you a chance to get a feel for the town. Stop worrying! Life has this funky way of just working out when you have a positive attitude.

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; 07-13-2009 at 12:29 PM..

Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,253 times
It's subjective, too...the level of BAD here is not as BAD as South Florida...the "ghettos", the schools (though performance is an issue), the neighbors, the crime...not comparable. Just not. But if you've lived here for a while, or an entire life...
and my BAD isn't as BAD as someone else's in NYC...ya know?

I don't know your location in FL and I understand wanting to go for better instead of same or worse, so you need to study whether or not this environment will fulfill your desires, after you've nailed down exactly what it is you and your husband want to get out of this move. Together, or you will be apart.

There are plenty of places to go. Breath...

(And good luck with the sale!)

Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
You're just asking for divorce IMO. It reads as though your desires are out of line with your husbands. It's a shame.
Kind of harsh don't you think? I've known several people who have had to do this for a couple months. It isn't the end of the world, it is tough but it usually works out. It is hard to sell a house from 10 hours away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area