Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 PM

5 posts, read 12,134 times

Advertisements

Good points made by all of you.

@Elizabeth-You are absolutely right with the resale in an undeveloped subdivision scenario. In this situation, it is almost impossible for a resale to compete with a builder (as far as price reductions and financing incentives). I love Foxfield, but what I just mentioned is something I would not want on my hands should I decide to sell before the neighborhood is finished. I appreciate you taking the time to pull that data for me as well. Your input is helpful to many of us. I will definitely keep you in mind (buyer representation) when we decide to take the plunge.

@Mawoods- So true about amenities. That is why I like what I see in the Woodland Homes (quality products and craftsmanship). I would definitely be willing to pay more for less square footage with higher end amenites rather than the opposite. It is just that I always think about resale everytime I purchase a home (This will be my 4th home in 10 years), especially in this market. Unfortunately, I have found out that as a seller, in a buyers market, the upgrades really don't factor in too much when there is excess inventory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 10:34 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,071 times
BrutusFan --- I agree with you about the seller's market and having a great house. We lost close to 100 thousand dollars in cash equity on the house we had to sell before moving here. We have had 4 homes in 4 years!!!The Atlanta market is a real buyer's market now. We also looked at Woodland and they were just ok in our opinion last fall. Much of it all seemed to be just standard stuff. Couldn't even get a gas stove. Anyway, good luck. You should try looking out our way if you haven't settled on city of Madison for sure. There is less negotiating there in our experience. Hang in there - there are deals and you are in a better position than we were last fall -- when everyone here thought Huntsville was immune to the economy and the real estate situation affecting the rest of the country. You are looking in a very negotiable range because there are certainly more homes in that price point than buyers right now.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:38 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,118 times
Before you buy a Woodland Home check the restrictions--article 3 for Foxfield and WP==not good,

Old 08-02-2009, 05:44 AM

871 posts, read 2,885,076 times
Here are the links to their covenants and restrictions:

Walden Preserve:
http://www.woodlandhomes.com/communities/wp/restrictions/WP-VWPUpdatedC-R-Exh%20B-C-1-2007%20Rec.pdf (broken link)

Foxfield:
http://www.woodlandhomes.com/communities/foxfield/Covenenats%20&%20Restrictions.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,071 times
Just for a minor note here --- Woodland sort of gave us a bait and switch situation that I will not go into. Made us very leery of doing business with them. Also didn't have facts about the subdivision that were important for buyers to know - such as just how access to a lake behind your house works. Too many conflicting and vague facts for us.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:01 AM

It boils down to customer service and follow through. Most of WH products will sell because people are buying the Madison City school district and there are not a lot of new homes in that price point in Madison. The connection to Lexington and Buckingham subs is via driving only... and that is not a problem. Makes for a lot of interesting ways in and out of the sub. Most builders are starting to realize buyers coming in from NoVA and other places don't want to spend more than 300K so they are starting to build in that price range.

My only advice is to get a good realtor and a great home inspector. Even with those two elements, things will fall through the cracks.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahn View Post
Here are the links to their covenants and restrictions:

Walden Preserve:
http://www.woodlandhomes.com/communities/wp/restrictions/WP-VWPUpdatedC-R-Exh%20B-C-1-2007%20Rec.pdf (broken link)

Foxfield:
http://www.woodlandhomes.com/communities/foxfield/Covenenats%20&%20Restrictions.pdf (broken link)
The bylaws for WP are now listed on the WH website, but the bylaws for Foxfield are not listed on the WH website. Ask if they exist if you are interested in Foxfield and if they do exist, ask where to access them.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:05 AM

Here's the link to the WP website which stands separately from the WH website. I think this came into existence about a year ago.

http://www.waldenpreservehoa.org/

Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
These are nice looking subdivisions.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:05 PM

They are beautiful and the houses are gorgeous. Plus location location location... but ... there are a lot of buts... but I still don't regret buying my house or the sub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area