Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:25 PM

426 posts, read 1,272,583 times

Advertisements

To get this back on track:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wls2624 View Post
We've been here for a little over a week now and absolutely love it! Right now our kids are in Bob Jones but feeling overwhelmed by the size. Since we wanted something in the country, we found a few homes we like with some acreage in Athens. East Limestone High and Creekside Elementary. Anyone know anything about that area and the schools? I love Huntsville and Madison and would love to stay there but couldn't find anything with everything we wanted in our price range. If money weren't an option, I'd love to find something near Monte Sano or Hampton Cove. But Madison is very nice too. Too many great choices here! It's beautiful! I also love the weather here. I'm a heat lover, nice and toasty
Glad you made it and that everything is going well. Limestone County may not be such a bad idea given your desire for home and acreage (with less pet restrictions) at a relatively reasonable price. Areas in Madison County may be problemative in these areas unless you can be extremely patient for what you want to come along. I guess you could look at the part of Madison that is in Limestone County. East Limestone HS won't be that bad. It's a smaller school and there are successful students who come out of there. A child's success starts at home, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 02:40 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,960,798 times
There's a plan to build a new high school in the city of Madison, right off Mill road and County Line road, just north of Whitworth Farm subdivision.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
We've been here for a little over a week now

Rent or Buy?
Where?
Planning to stay in the same school district?

Last edited by Keeper; 08-14-2009 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Sorry Charles.. that is a no.. no.. all celeb photos are copyrighted.. BTW

Old 08-14-2009, 04:40 PM

166 posts, read 344,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Did you get the blue card thing worked out?
Yes, that was where the glitch came from in Iowa. They didn't include the immunization records and their fax wasn't working. We finally got everything in 15 minutes before registration ended on Friday before school started on Monday. I had never heard of a blue card before. I kind of felt like an illegal alien

Old 08-14-2009, 04:41 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Yes, that was where the glitch came from in Iowa. They didn't include the immunization records and their fax wasn't working. We finally got everything in 15 minutes before registration ended on Friday before school started on Monday. I had never heard of a blue card before. I kind of felt like an illegal alien

That's why I asked. We went through the same hoops one year ago.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:15 AM

262 posts, read 781,723 times
We moved here recently and our kids are in High School too. We found the schools and neigborhoods in North Madison County (Monrovia and Harvest area) to be very nice. But be warned, Sparkman High School is huge too. If you are willing to go out a little farther, you can still find homes with some acreage that aren't too expensive. And Hwy 53 or Wall Triana runs you straight back to University or the 255 corridor. As if you need another option to consider! Really, Huntsville and Madison are wonderful, we love it here. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:13 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
Welcome to the area!
Hang in there with Bob Jones. It's size is a drawback, but it's a good school with good folks there--shoot most of them even care!

Hope Alabama is good to and for you.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM

173 posts, read 331,856 times
Welcome to Sweet Home Alabama !

Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area