Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,867,377 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what the deal is with the AL Fibromyalgia billboard in Hampton Cove off 431 as you head up toward Monte Sano? It says something like "'Big bang theory... give me a break!' -God".

What does this have to do with Fibromyalgia? (and wtf is fibromyalgia really? Wikipedia describes it and then goes on to say that many medical professionals believe it is a non-disease! This non-disease has an AL organization?) I forget the exact URL - but the billboard lists an address something like ALfibromyalgia.com (org?) - but I can't find anything. I'll have to get a better look at the address.

Anyone have any insights? This has perplexed me the whole time I've lived here. They've had several billboards - all with various seemingly totally unrelated religious stuff like "'You know that love your neighbor thing, I meant it.' -God" and a host of others.

Am I the only one who finds it cooky? Is it like a front for the First Baptist Church of Hypochondria??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,502 times
Is it "cooky" or "kookie" or "cookie" and FM is real to many people but not to some... what that has to do with religion is anybody's guess. Prayer might make it feel better?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,867,377 times
lol I was thinking the same thing when I typed it - realizing I've never typed that word before. "kooky" maybe?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 PM

We could do a spell check... it's Kookie according to my spell checker...

Old 08-15-2009, 05:56 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
Anyone know what the deal is with the AL Fibromyalgia billboard in Hampton Cove off 431 as you head up toward Monte Sano? It says something like "'Big bang theory... give me a break!' -God".
The original poster is referring to this.

100% pure BS.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:52 AM

Now Charles--go easy on the anti-religion thing... or is it FM that you think is 100% blarney?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:25 AM

23,600 posts, read 70,412,676 times
I love it when God buys billboard space. It makes him seem so all powerful.

"Hello, Joe's Billboards? This is God. I'd like to buy some space on one of your billboards. Do you have any available that are near billboards for lap dancing lounges? You do? Great! I've often thought that Eve was one of my better designed creations. That six day job was sooo rushed."

"What do I want on the billboard? How about 'Big Bang Theory... You've got to be kidding!!! -God' Hmmm, do you think that should be '-Sincerely, God'? No? How about 'Yours Forever, God'? Just '-God' huh? OK, I guess you know the business better than me. I just built the place."

"Now about billing... Do you have an extended payment plan? The exchange rate and customs are a problem. The only other thing I can think of is that you just take it out of my pay from my day job. Where do I work? The Alabama Fibromyalgia Center. What can I say? Its a job and the job market is tough. Everywhere else they say I'm "overqualified" or "too old." I can't even walk into a church anymore and announce my presence without someone saying "You're not God. God is this and such!" It gets so depressing. Maybe I'll just go to one of those lap dance places and have a drink."

"Yeah, nice talking to you too. Oh, by the way- if Buddha calls, tell him I've got a contract and he needs to get his own signs."

Old 08-15-2009, 07:27 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama View Post
Now Charles--go easy on the anti-religion thing... or is it FM that you think is 100% blarney?
Here's a clue:

YouTube - George Carlin: Religion is Bull****

Old 08-15-2009, 08:04 AM

190 posts, read 413,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Here's a clue:

Charles -

Thanks for the link, that was hillarious! Never watched much of George Carlin because of his vulgarity but this was pretty good.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:30 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I love it when God buys billboard space. It makes him seem so all powerful.

"Hello, Joe's Billboards? This is God. I'd like to buy some space on one of your billboards. Do you have any available that are near billboards for lap dancing lounges? You do? Great! I've often thought that Eve was one of my better designed creations. That six day job was sooo rushed."

"What do I want on the billboard? How about 'Big Bang Theory... You've got to be kidding!!! -God' Hmmm, do you think that should be '-Sincerely, God'? No? How about 'Yours Forever, God'? Just '-God' huh? OK, I guess you know the business better than me. I just built the place."

"Now about billing... Do you have an extended payment plan? The exchange rate and customs are a problem. The only other thing I can think of is that you just take it out of my pay from my day job. Where do I work? The Alabama Fibromyalgia Center. What can I say? Its a job and the job market is tough. Everywhere else they say I'm "overqualified" or "too old." I can't even walk into a church anymore and announce my presence without someone saying "You're not God. God is this and such!" It gets so depressing. Maybe I'll just go to one of those lap dance places and have a drink."

"Yeah, nice talking to you too. Oh, by the way- if Buddha calls, tell him I've got a contract and he needs to get his own signs."
Pft, long distance? Try Twitter for once... God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: