Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,513 times

Advertisements

Is Oak Hill Estates subdivision pretty developed or are there only a few houses in there so far? From Huntsville, I believe Oak Hill Estates is located off hwy 53, turn left on Cedar Hill, left on Gatlin Road, turn left into Oak Hill Estates. Anyone live in that area or know anything about it? I hear it's pretty out there. We're moving back down south within a few months and feel as if we'd like that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM

173 posts, read 330,452 times
Due to the lack of a response, when typically several posters can't wait to chime in; I'm thinking the answer to your post is pretty much a "No"

They're Adam's homes, so you can expect the construction/quality to be along the lines of any other Adam's homes. The development started about early '07 and they have quite a few homes available. Typically the farther a development is from the "city"/employment base, the longer it takes to complete. Should you need to sell before it's built out, it could be tough to "compete" with new construction.

If you work in Huntsville it's going to be quite a commute, but it is not unheard of to commute from Ardmore and even TN. If you're considering that far North anyway, you may want to go a couple miles more across the TN line - TN doesn't have state income tax. I'm not sure how state taxes play out when you work in AL and live in TN. I can't imagine AL just lets it slide, but I know a few folks claim it saves them money. Though not enough to alone justify the commute. The primary reasons were along the lines of; already lived in TN and found a job in AL, fell in love with land/farm in TN, ...

Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,513 times
Thanks for the response. We simply love to live a little further out than most. We'll definitely commute to Huntsville, and we're looking to lease a house in that general area to start with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area