Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 AM

57 posts, read 223,937 times

Advertisements

Why put a BBQ restaurant inside an upscale mall such as Bridge Street? This is only going to destroy the value that Bridge Street offers to the public. Huntsville has got what maybe more than 10 BBQ spots on every street corner? I was outraged that this type of eatery is going to take over the Ketchup spot. BS yet again needs to bring in something that Huntsville does not have that all income groups can afford that is not too cheap or wildly expensive. An Italian restaurant would do the trick. It's a better fitting for Bridge Street than some stupid BBQ joint. I hope Bridge Street doesn't evolve into another Madison Square in throwing in cookie-cutter restaurants and shops to appeal to a certain demographic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 11:40 AM

379 posts, read 849,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by java85 View Post
Why put a BBQ restaurant inside an upscale mall such as Bridge Street? This is only going to destroy the value that Bridge Street offers to the public. Huntsville has got what maybe more than 10 BBQ spots on every street corner? I was outraged that this type of eatery is going to take over the Ketchup spot. BS yet again needs to bring in something that Huntsville does not have that all income groups can afford that is not too cheap or wildly expensive. An Italian restaurant would do the trick. It's a better fitting for Bridge Street than some stupid BBQ joint. I hope Bridge Street doesn't evolve into another Madison Square in throwing in cookie-cutter restaurants and shops to appeal to a certain demographic.
There is already an Italian restaurant there called Dolce which also owns Ketchup.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
How is Dolce doing?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,118 times
Dolce is not doing well. It's over priced, and in my honest opinion, Mac Grille gives decent chain Italian food for far less. We don't need ANOTHER Italian restaurant here either. Is that like the only ethnic food people can handle here?

What about a chain that carries a lot of variety like CHEESECAKE FACTORY? I know the manager down in B'ham would LOVE to see one come here. Whenever we go to one in Nville or Bham, it's packed. Sure it's not perfect, but at least it provides something more than the typical burger or french fry or BBQ.

Or what about an ethnic place other than Italian like GREEK food? In my dreams, I wish the Lebanese Taverna would open up down here, but that's not going to happen. I believe there are enough people here, with multicultural backgrounds and travel for work/fun who'd love to see something better than BBQ come up. Please, not another steak and seafood place. We have those in abundance. Maybe this should be a poll. But then, we don't have any power over this change.

I am not a BBQ fan--I guess only Cantina Laredo and RR will get my money--and the theater.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:24 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,867,158 times
How about a Crepe place?

Or a nice indian restaurant?

Mediteranean? Afghan? Japanese? Sushi seems fitting.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
How about a Crepe place?
I had crepes yesterday at my place

Old 10-05-2009, 02:47 PM

308 posts, read 527,329 times
Does anyone know how to contact the owner/chef cook and his wife of Giovanini's in Athens ?
Or his french waitress named Patricia ?

Are they still in the area ?

Thanks,

Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,652 times
Did Luciano's open back up I see signs down the road about lunch/brunch there.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:35 PM

256 posts, read 605,503 times
Luciano's is back open. It's a different menu. Honestly (don't shoot), I've never been a huge fan, so I'm not the best judge. But, I was even less impressed this time around.

Also, apparently (and maybe I am late to this news) Chef's Table is temporarily closed. Now, that's someplace I do love. Apparently, they are having a fundraiser either this Friday or next to raise money. Not a good sign though.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:07 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,960,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
I had crepes yesterday at my place
Hey don't crepes me out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area