Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:04 AM

4 posts, read 15,165 times

Advertisements

kate spade is closing this week...
how do you all think bridge street is doing? i thought it was marketed as an "upscale" development with "nicer" shops. instead we now have papaya (gross) and the chinese restaurant there handing out "free chicken" samples... not very "upscale". where is the anchor store bridge street promised us? i HOPE that sports authority was what they meant as an anchor... do we REALLY NEED another sporting goods store?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 08:12 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Hopefully something more fitting for Madison County will move into the departing venues.

Might be a good idea to think about what would work. The property managers of Bridge Street have probably already done this and/or are still working on it.

What would work there? Another restaurant? Retail? Service?

As more and more people realize the efficiencies of online shopping, demand for retail establishments which must pay rent probably goes down. Some things like restaurants really can't go online but even clothes retailers or jewelry (try on at a store somewhere then order the same thing online cheaper) are probably having a hard time making it work.

I actually bought some shoes at DSW a month ago. Gosh, that felt weird. Buying something in store. I almost forgot how to do it.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:38 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
I heard that a Ferris Wheel is coming to BridgeStreet.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:43 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,185,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I heard that a Ferris Wheel is coming to BridgeStreet.
Yup, that'll do it!

Problem solved!

Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 AM

379 posts, read 848,883 times
I won't be satisfied until it gets a Roller Coaster.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:22 AM

355 posts, read 963,598 times
Not really surprised. You have to sell a heck of alot of purses to keep paying rent there.

I bet Juicy and a few of the other high end stores won't last much longer. Just not a large enough client base.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 AM

956 posts, read 2,499,901 times
I love the look and feel of Bridge Street. However, I do think they could have built it out a bit differently. By having to park and walk the entire area, they are really cutting back on their client base...who is willing (or able) to do that. My Mom loves to shop, but she's in her 70's and can't walk from one end to the other. If the weather is less than stellar, I can't imagine small children being drug from one end to the other either.

The Avenue in Murfreesboro was nice. While Bridge Street does have more charm, at least at The Avenue you could park and walk directly into your store of choice, or close anyway. I've seen several lifestyle malls where you could park near your destination without having to walk too far. I personally don't mind it, but I'm healthy and don't have small children to worry about.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:14 AM

379 posts, read 848,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post
I love the look and feel of Bridge Street. However, I do think they could have built it out a bit differently. By having to park and walk the entire area, they are really cutting back on their client base...who is willing (or able) to do that. My Mom loves to shop, but she's in her 70's and can't walk from one end to the other. If the weather is less than stellar, I can't imagine small children being drug from one end to the other either.

The Avenue in Murfreesboro was nice. While Bridge Street does have more charm, at least at The Avenue you could park and walk directly into your store of choice, or close anyway. I've seen several lifestyle malls where you could park near your destination without having to walk too far. I personally don't mind it, but I'm healthy and don't have small children to worry about.
I completely agree with this. I hope the Waterstone development learns from Bridge Street's mistakes.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post
I completely agree with this. I hope the Waterstone development learns from Bridge Street's mistakes.
The developers may have designed it that way to force pedestrians to pass by more stores.

However, a quarter mile walk end to end is not that bad. Besides, I think a disabled person could maneuver in either a wheel chair of one of those little electric scooters.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:31 AM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
I have always thought bridge street was a joke. It looks fake and will not survive somebody got had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area