Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,079 times

Advertisements

On 9/11 I was stopped by a state trooper shortly after East Limestone Rd. I was given two tickets one for no seat belt and the other is for no insurance. I can pay for the seat belt I know this but I am a little nervous about going to court for the no insurance because this isnt my first time yet I still get nervous going I am afraid my licence's may get suspended. do they look at other past times I have been there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 PM

355 posts, read 963,598 times
Nm.

Last edited by E Limestone Dude; 09-22-2009 at 09:49 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 PM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Get the insurance BEFORE you go to court. Like - TOMORROW.

Kudos to the Alabama State Trooper.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:04 PM

165 posts, read 507,121 times
Yeah, I don't think you'll get any points if you show them that you have insurance now.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:23 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,185,071 times
I think you may need to be making alternative plans for a ride home...they do tend to check past infractions and aren't pleased when you have done something the law says to do and a judge has then told you to do.

Please get insurance. The way my luck's been running, you'll hit me.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 AM

105 posts, read 289,696 times
My verdict: License suspended for at least a year and car impounded.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:54 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_80 View Post
I am a little nervous about going to court for the no insurance because this isnt my first time yet I still get nervous going I am afraid my licence's may get suspended. do they look at other past times I have been there?
I am a little nervous about you operating a vehicle even after having been in court before.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:50 AM

165 posts, read 507,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInMadison View Post
My verdict: License suspended for at least a year and car impounded.
I didn't realize Madison County was doing that -- I knew Morgan County was.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 PM

308 posts, read 527,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_80 View Post
On 9/11 I was stopped by a state trooper shortly after East Limestone Rd. I was given two tickets one for no seat belt and the other is for no insurance. I can pay for the seat belt I know this but I am a little nervous about going to court for the no insurance because this isnt my first time yet I still get nervous going I am afraid my licence's may get suspended. do they look at other past times I have been there?
Congratulations for the State Trooper to get people like you off the street !!!

I was involved in an car accident caused by a driver without car insurrance, this was on Thanksgiving day 1990.
My wife was killled, I had severe injuries and I am still handicapped today because of this accident.
The driver without car insurrance that caused the accident was also killed, good for him.

In the 1990's I worked several years together with then State Representative Lee Jorgensen from Madison, to get madatory car insurrance passed into Law.
So you can thank me for your own problems also.
I'm glad to see that our hard work paid off and they get you off the streets before you do harm to other people in an accident.

I honnestly hope that the Court teaches you a good lesson with a big fine, drivers licence taken for 90 days as was written in the law ( I would rather see 1 year), and have your car impouded, and six months up to one year jail time on probation for two years.
And since this is not your first time, I sure hope they double all the fines and licence suspension, drop probation and put you in jail.

Somepody needs to teach you a lesson, because you are a danger for all other honest drivers.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:49 PM

40 posts, read 83,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL50 View Post
Congratulations for the State Trooper to get people like you off the street !!!

I was involved in an car accident caused by a driver without car insurrance, this was on Thanksgiving day 1990.
My wife was killled, I had severe injuries and I am still handicapped today because of this accident.
The driver without car insurrance that caused the accident was also killed, good for him.

In the 1990's I worked several years together with then State Representative Lee Jorgensen from Madison, to get madatory car insurrance passed into Law.
So you can thank me for your own problems also.
I'm glad to see that our hard work paid off and they get you off the streets before you do harm to other people in an accident.

I honnestly hope that the Court teaches you a good lesson with a big fine, drivers licence taken for 90 days as was written in the law ( I would rather see 1 year), and have your car impouded, and six months up to one year jail time on probation for two years.
And since this is not your first time, I sure hope they double all the fines and licence suspension, drop probation and put you in jail.

Somepody needs to teach you a lesson, because you are a danger for all other honest drivers.
You're absolutely correct on your views and assessment!

Sorry for your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area