Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:19 AM

53 posts, read 111,876 times

Advertisements

These are dated but interesting.

http://www.hsvairport.org/rc/documen...lleInterna.pdf

http://www.hsvairport.org/rc/documents/NoiseMap.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 01:19 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,837,795 times
Those c17s were still too close for comfort. We could see the underbelly details very well .So whatever the altitude, we didn't want to be in their flight path again.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:22 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,837,795 times
The maps are outdated but I saw exactly where our house was located and it was noise sensitive back 15 years ago. Can't imagine what it is today!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:30 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,585,805 times
Until you go through 9/11 and worry about terrorists blowing up your city/capital building/ the white house... well.... I find these flights overhead nothing to worry about to be honest. and my house never shakes... but the sonic booms over in Redstone Arsenal are interesting and felt all over this area.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 PM

38 posts, read 92,746 times
I've lurked on the forum for quite some time, but wanted to try to help out OP since I had first hand knowledge.

No gap-- I know my current dues, but I don't know if the vote last month increased the current dues; I have not been notified if they went up.

can't help on the incentives, I don't know what the current incentives are as we went under contract several months ago.

I think the Millstone property will be a nice community someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlife View Post
UAHACCT: I noted you have a 35757 zip code. Are you already in your new house you did the homework on? Or are you still in Madison County, north of 72? Just curious how that works. You seem relatively new to the forum, but you have an old zip. Why the interest now?

Also, if homework was completed, I'd be curious why there seems to be such a gap in knowledge about current HOA dues.

And is the builder of your subdivision offering ANY incentives? Jeff Benton is and he's building a beautiful new neighborhood off of Mill Creek. Oh, that is the 35758 zip just FYI.

can't help on the incentives, I don't know what the current incentives are, as we went under contract some time ago and asked for a delayed start.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uahacct View Post
I've lurked on the forum for quite some time, but wanted to try to help out OP since I had first hand knowledge.

No gap-- I know my current dues, but I don't know if the vote last month increased the current dues; I have not been notified if they went up.

can't help on the incentives, I don't know what the current incentives are as we went under contract several months ago.

I think the Millstone property will be a nice community someday.
I think the Millstone property is okay, but it is in low land and the potential for flooding worries me for the future homeowners. But JB does build a nice home.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlife View Post
I think the Millstone property is okay, but it is in low land and the potential for flooding worries me for the future homeowners. But JB does build a nice home.

I saw a property on MLS today for $286k in Millstone.
I remember when we visited the site and took a brochure maybe a little under a year ago they were advertising homes starting in the 300's; whether low, mid or high 300's doesn't matter (my brain blanked out at the site of 3), but it sure wasn't $286k.
Are they selling a mixed development now, or just cutting into interior finishes to bring the price down a bit, while maintaining the appearance of a high-end community on the outside?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:28 PM

Who knows? Probably a bit of both? Maybe they're pricing right? I'd be curious to see what they include in their basic amenities package/standard features of the home etc. I believe our builder has changed the standard features to lower cost items while still maintaining the exterior beauty. If people want to upgrade the cabinets and drawers then they can pay extra. But the houses are priced right.

Oh, and our community is officially liberated and the HOA is controlled by our duly elected board. Cause for celebration.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM

871 posts, read 2,884,848 times
Map of new high school available in this briefing...
http://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=873

Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 PM

Fabulous... I think this will increase West Madison City's property values!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area