Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:57 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times

Advertisements

Let the celebrations begin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times
Now that the resolution passed, when will it be implemented?

MLS, take your time, no hurry. We consumers worked around the issue for many years, another 5 years to be implemented shouldn't be a problem. It might be rolled up together with the recent sales data next time around

They are probably doing a recount, for not believing the motion has passed!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:38 AM

The new ValleyMLS website is up in Beta. Give it a try!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
Our new MLS system "officially" rolls out December 15
Wonder if my real estate career is over? (I voted yes, so I think it's hysterical that many think the sky is falling). I'm a shoe freak...maybe you'll find me at DSW selling shoes for the discount I"ll get, lol.
So many members and staff at the Huntsville Association of Realtors made a difference this time, showing the value of why an address SHOULD be displayed. They really took their time showing the benefits to the agents... I say "way to go!".
I hope you all enjoy the new address search!

Old 12-12-2009, 04:58 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
The new ValleyMLS website is up in Beta. Give it a try!

I like it.

There are two homes for sale in our neighborhood which show up on the map but the the icons are not correct on the map - they're sort of on the wrong side of the street and at the wrong end of the street. Not sure if this is a glitch or a spoof. The addresses still aren't displayed but if it is a glitch (and will be fixed), then a user can easily see where the home is.

The new tool allows to search by street name too. The other filters are still there, for example search by elementary school (a great feature that I've only seen in Northern Alabama.)

Still, there is no recent sales information. To shrewd buyers and sellers, that is more important than addresses.

Last edited by Charles; 12-12-2009 at 06:01 AM..

Old 12-12-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The addresses still aren't displayed but if it is a glitch (and will be fixed), then a user can easily see where the home is.
I don't understand why you can't see the address. It showed for the houses I looked at in Madison. You mean it doesn't show on the map?

What I think it's a glitch is when I try to see the pics (5 per page), the first one I click on (either of the five) opens up over the first three and there's no close button - you can only view the 4th and 5th pic of each page.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:51 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
I don't understand why you can't see the address. It showed for the houses I looked at in Madison. You mean it doesn't show on the map?
I must be missing something. Where are you seeing addresses?

Old 12-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I must be missing something. Where are you seeing addresses?
I could see them for the properties in Madison, and SE Hsv that I looked at. To your point, however, I clicked on one of the "Home of the week" on the welcome page, and it did not display the address (Towne Lakes). It could be a bug, since I can now browse the photos one by one (the "next" button was added). As Elizabeth said, the release date is the 15th-they're working on it-you can only hope that these bugs mutate in one that shows the recent sales data.

Last edited by friday13; 12-12-2009 at 12:40 PM..

Old 12-13-2009, 09:23 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
I tried to e-mail a request that Decatur have a separate listing...after all, Athens, Scottsboro and Arab have their own! But the e-mail bounced.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:18 PM

The valleymls.com now redirects to the new website (no need to type beta.valleymls.com)

Now, a question to our realtors about something I've noticed (Charles too), and we thought it was a "glitch": there are still (after the official launch Dec 15th) listings not showing the address. Can sellers opt-out and continue having the address hidden? I'm assuming if that was the case, only the sellers could do that, not the realtor (maybe at the realtor's advice/suggestion, especially those who voted against )
I've stumbled upon this listing in Madison where even the "for sale" yard signage in the pic is blacked out (30958* in Oxford s/d -there, I removed last digit for privacy)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area