Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM

144 posts, read 433,140 times

Advertisements

We current have ADT for our home alarm system which has given us some issues in the past 2 years, from not being properly connected for monitoring, mixing account information another ADT customer, to some recent false alarms with several occurring over night last night.

We called ADT twice during the night, and got two different responses, first time saying that it went off due to our AT&T phone line and the second saying that we might have some fault in the wiring at the zone that triggered the alarm but that it'll take a technician to come out and look at it, charging $25 for the visit and, if needed, $100 for the first 30 minutes of repair.

Anyways, I was wondering which local services and alarm companies are recommended. I see a few signs for other companies, like "Ultimate Security" and a few others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:08 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
We've had ADT since we moved in. (For some reason, we never get a bill. Thanks Yoo Shin for paying it....)

But we've never had a problem. The house we bought was already completely wired. They don't seem the cheapest though. Brinks gave us a slightly lower quote but they would have had to install a different keypad which I think was $100 or something like that.

Some friends of ours, long time Huntsville residents, recommended "Huntsville Security". They said it was much cheaper than ADT. The thing is, I could never find a "Huntsville Security" online. So we just stuck with ADT because that's what the previous owner had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area