Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:51 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
So, who is the best dancer? Kitty or Logan?

Jimmy's Lounge, Madison, AL : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local
Did Tiger ever play Robert Trent Jones or the Ledges in Hsv?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,958,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
You've been here a year and already know what and where Jimmy is. I wonder what else you know?!
It's hard to miss if you've been on the 72 all the way to Countyline road.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlife View Post
Jimmy's is in the county. I am NOT going to give up without a fight. Neither is my community. I have every right to express my disappointment at the GOOD OLD BOY network (from this point on: GOB) running our show.

I picked my neighborhood BECAUSE IT WAS INTERIOR, IT WAS NEXT TO LOT OF LAND ZONED FOR FUTURE LIGHT RESIDENTIAL AND IT WAS AWAY FROM A MAJOR ARTERY OF TRAFFIC.
Well, the point is that it was there before you buy in your neighborhood. So the idea of "I'd buy the house first, then fight to get rid of establishment" is a bit disingenuous.

GOB network is alive and well, even if the GOB are women. The GOB planned the urban development of this city, you bought into it wholesale (better school, nice neighborhood, etc.). You complained about Gillespie road went through to Countyline, I bet the majority of residents applauded that decision and I bet that was on the plan for several years. The location in question is zoned agriculture, it has been for at least a year (from the Madison city map). It's hard to believe that you're so naive to "trust" the word of someone and buy a house because they "promise" that land will not be zonned commercial. In reality, all we have control over is the property we paid for (sometime not even that).

I offered my advice to you on how to fight the system and what I got back was "... I am too busy to do that...". The other side is covering their bases and working this on daily basis while you're baking cookies and raising kids. Guess who is going to win?

I am not saying that you have to like the decision. You can fight it! But just posting on City-Data complaining is not the answer. When lack of actions, your complaint falls in the category of "the neighborhood ain't what it used to be" department. I bet old timers in Madison can have the similar complains about all the new subdivisions going up and these transplanters drive as if they're still in DC/ California.

Welcome to "progress"

ps- I don't know what GMAB means but taking your fustration on me is not the answer either, though may make you feel better. For that, I am happy to oblige.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:21 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post

ps- I don't know what GMAB means
give me a break

Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
give me a break
OIC. That was PDQ. TIA.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:24 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,585,805 times
I like Gillespie--think it's a great artery. Didn't complain. Knew it was coming into play when I looked at the lot/plat.

I don't like a convenience store/gas station.

Period.

I never said I was too busy to do it because I was baking cookies--and I was at the meeting. I helped spearhead as many people as I could to go to that meeting. I am involved although I was discouraged because it "didn't affect me."

So there you have it. I wasn't supposed to get involved, I wanted to and shifted all my priorities with WORK, dealing with terminal in-law and more so I could attend that meeting and watch the travesty unfold. It was a done deal before we walked in that door.

And I bet a lot of soda will sell as a result

Old 12-18-2009, 11:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
ps- I don't know what GMAB means
Let me google that for you

Old 12-18-2009, 11:57 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,585,805 times
GOB & GOG-- I got news today that gives me hope... swimming to the surface where the real battles will be fought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area