Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:54 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post
So what would we like to see replace the Smokehouse. I can't see this place staying in business long from these reviews.

I ate there last week for lunch. That space is really big, a full size restaurant footprint.

Aren't Johnny Rockets, Chipotle, Baja Fresh etc usually in smaller spaces and can they occupy something as big as Smokehouse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I ate there last week for lunch. That space is really big, a full size restaurant footprint.

Aren't Johnny Rockets, Chipotle, Baja Fresh etc usually in smaller spaces and can they occupy something as big as Smokehouse?
Yes, but nothing a little construction crew can't do to make two leasing locations out of that.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:09 PM

66 posts, read 180,595 times
I went to Ketchup sevferal times previously and knocked it off my list of places to reuturn to - so I was excited to try the new Smokeouse restaurant.

I took my wife to Smokehouse a week ago and it's definitely on our go-back list. We both enjoyed our meals/quality of the food and had no issues at all with the service. The food is dramatically better than Ketchup ever was (not setting the bar very high there I know ). Before writing it off I recomend that you try it out for yourself.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:02 PM

379 posts, read 849,143 times
Not very good reviews here either. Raw chicken, yuk!

SmokeHouse Restaurant Opens at Bridge Street

Old 02-14-2010, 05:23 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post
Not very good reviews here either. Raw chicken, yuk!

SmokeHouse Restaurant Opens at Bridge Street

Wow, those reviews were brutal.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,454 times
I'd go for Baja Fresh or Chipotle for sure! Doubt they would have a shot, since Cantino Laredo is there however.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:29 PM

256 posts, read 605,445 times
I wish Jim 'N Nicks BBQ would come back to Huntsville. There's no good lunch places at Bridge Street. Red Robin is so overpriced for what you get. A second Panera, a Mimis Sidewalk Cafe, a Provence Bread Co, a CPK, a Zoe's...anything other than terribly mediocre (or less)/overpriced, food court-y, or otherwise. A good quality lunch place. That's the thing I love about Jim 'n Nicks. I'm not a BBQ afficianado, so they may not have the best BBQ, but everything they do is FRESH and homemade. Great, fresh, homemade sides and salads and...everything is cooked properly! I'm so sick of gimmick restaurants at Bridge Street. Gimmick = trendy, wannabe, all facade, no follow-through, no quality or redeeming values.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM

256 posts, read 605,445 times
I'm also tired of restaurant excuses. Huntsville is one eating-out city. ANY restaurant, ANY price range, just really has to blow it to not make it here. If a restaurant fails here, it's because the restaurant didn't have its act together. These gimmick restaurants we are being fed (literally) are blowing it.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:08 PM

346 posts, read 851,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH74 View Post
a Zoe's...
YES, Bham and Tuscaloosa both have one and I absolutely love their chocolate cake

Old 02-20-2010, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 5,347 times
Default Replacement for SmokeHouse

If it is as bad as the reviews, I hope, hope, hope that a really good Italian place replaces it. And I would like to see a locally owned, authentic Italian place. With dishes like white bean and escarole soup, homemade marinara sauce with good pasta, seafood dishes, carbonara, risotto...oh I am really hungry now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area