Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:08 PM

7 posts, read 41,444 times

Advertisements

She probably takes them so she can cast evil voodoo spells on everyone who passes by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 03:47 PM

355 posts, read 963,926 times
Man, I gotta drive by and see this dingbat!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM

11 posts, read 42,778 times
I suggest everyone drive by real slow with your cell phone camera ready to take a video. With all the video she claims to have, I would hope the audio works and would express her craziness. Best time would be in the afternoon. Beware of water hose.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 PM

889 posts, read 2,398,445 times
I think it must be something like this inside the house.

YouTube - Anthrax - Madhouse

Old 03-03-2010, 01:40 PM

4 posts, read 12,761 times
I just drove by there this morning. After easing by the front and seeing a pickup at the front door I pulled around to the business parking lot next to the house on Oakwood to look at the south side. Someone in the top floor window started pointing a real bright light at me like someone signaling. It almost seemed to have a flashing stobe. I thought maybe a workman thought I was someone he was expecting, but now it sounds like the cazy woman was warding me off!

Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankey21 View Post
I just drove by there this morning. After easing by the front and seeing a pickup at the front door I pulled around to the business parking lot next to the house on Oakwood to look at the south side. Someone in the top floor window started pointing a real bright light at me like someone signaling. It almost seemed to have a flashing stobe. I thought maybe a workman thought I was someone he was expecting, but now it sounds like the cazy woman was warding me off!
go back at night, and strobe back at her

Makes you wonder how she treats the mailman, the meter reader, the trash pickup, the census man, the jehova's, or the young boys in white shirts-black nametag-backpack (don't know their affiliation, but they seem to be "spreading" something, like the younger tier of an organization >>seen them in Europe too) I some times see down the road on oakwood.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 12,761 times
OK everybody, just found a Flickr site with history and LOTS of photos of the inside of this place!!
Kildare Mansion - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/verticalhouse/sets/72157608007915613/ - broken link)

Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 PM

4 posts, read 10,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerloveal View Post
OMG! Now I know she is crazy. I live in the neighborhood and she has followed people to my house and ranting about them blowing a horn or listening to music too loud. She was again ranting about just wanting to be left alone. She screamed she has video of those she has followed to my house claiming they were harassing her. Taking video or pictures of someone without their permission is illegal. That I know for sure. Reading these replies provides me with information to keep my family and myself safe from her. Problem is I have to drive by there every day. I plan to ask the residents in the apts next to her if they have problems with her. She has some serious issues. Everyone keep me posted on what happens to you. I am starting a log to track all this. I am fearful something bad will happen and she'll try to blame someone at my house.
I am an architecture student so naturally when I saw this house I was immediately drawn to the house. I drove back today with my camera to capture a few photos to bring back to school to show to my buddies and learn about the history. I was standing at the street the whole time. A woman came charging across the street. I thought nothing of it (since I was doing nothing wrong) so I waved and smiled at her. She chewed me out even though I was apologetic and kept my cool remaining plesant. She really doesn't take videos does she? Did she purchase the house when it went up for sale in the past decade? Or did she inherit it? Why is this not a piece of history for us all to enjoy? There is an art to building design that is not a standard we have in the industry today. It is a shame someones insecurity prevents us from learning...

Old 03-20-2011, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 10,755 times
I am an architecture student developing a catalog of research about the McCormick House. Would anyone be willing to share your photos and story with me? I am hoping to use all of this information in an effort to bring awareness of this historic home and learn of any organizations that have projects/fundraising to restore/help with up keeping this! It is an amazing piece of history.

I am not looking for gossip or he said/she said. I am looking for personal experiences with driving past/viewing the home. It would be even better to hear from you who have been inside or known owners past or present! Even if you have suggestions/opinions for how this should be open or not open to the public, used for scholars only research, or left as a private property for whoever owns it, please feel free to let me know.

Please email me with any info, comments, or questions at savekildaremccormickmansion@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for your help!

Rachel McKinley

Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 PM

11 posts, read 24,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
We were driving yesterday and passed a VERY interesting house or more like a castle painted in beautiful colors and obviously old on Kildare St. near Oakwood. Does anyone know its history? There was no historical marker and there were no tresspassing signs. The grounds were kept up. It is in the Dallas Mill section I believe.
Yes Sir, It is The McCormack Estate. It is my understanding that they were a very successful family involved somehow in the heavy equipment business. That is the extent of my knowledge. However I do know that the current occupant is quite insane, as she reacts violently twords anyone whom tries to speak to her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area