Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 PM

16 posts, read 39,616 times

Advertisements

I need ideas for Valentine's day...something nice but not super crowded!!! Any ideas??????? Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
PAPOU'S GREEK CUISINE, Huntsville, AL (256) 534-5553

Bonefish Grill

Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,866,945 times
The typical nice places will probably be crowded, so I usually take my wife somewhere small and quaint with few people. Sam and Gregg's Pizza on Courthouse square got the duty last year and was a hit. We were pretty much the only ones in the place. Now we go there regularly.

Kind of counter-intuitive, but chicks dig that "our thing" stuff that other couples don't typically do. I've found that "personal" wins over "fancy" time and time again.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 AM

37 posts, read 76,573 times
I agree on the simple and personal quality time idea. The pizza place idea is great. Crowded and fancy can also be great, especially if she rarely gets a chance to dress up (and is a dress-up girl). You might try taking her somewhere and making it more romantic. Big bunch of flowers (not just roses, but daisies or lilies are also good), REALLY good chocolates or tickets to something she likes (like a concert or symphony or art show)...a nice drive around the mountain...a really good bottle of wine by a fireplace somewhere not that crowded so you can talk...women are easy IF they can see that you thought about what they really like and put in the effort. Think outside the box and consider what she really likes to do. Then find a way to make it work. Is making dinner or having a dinner catered/delivered at home an option? Followed by a truly luscious dessert and the wine by the fire idea? BTW, I am a woman and all of these work for me! Oh, and a really nice pair of PAJAMAS (not lingerie) that are super cute and comfy and high end are a great idea in my book.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:51 PM

346 posts, read 851,123 times
Our Valentine's plans this year is a Marti Gras Ball Saturday night and Sunday morning brunch somewhere. Sunday night will be crowded so I thought of the brunch idea. There are a few good brunch places in town.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:37 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyd View Post
more romantic

a really nice pair of PAJAMAS
Aren't "romantic" and "pajamas" mutually exclusive?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyd View Post
The pizza place idea is great.
REALLY good chocolates ...a really good bottle of wine Is making dinner or having a dinner catered/delivered at home an option? Followed by a truly luscious dessert and the wine by the fire idea?
and end it all with 2 servings of chocolate-dipped Tums and set an Activia on her nightstand to get the idea until the next ValD rolls around

Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,958,286 times
I asked my wife where she'd like to go for dinner on Valentine's day.

She says somewhere she's never been before....

So I said "... the kitchen ?..."

I just recovered from head trauma in the emergency room. Got hit by a heavy metal object. Apparently it was a frying pan.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:17 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,187,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
I asked my wife where she'd like to go for dinner on Valentine's day.

She says somewhere she's never been before....

So I said "... the kitchen ?..."

I just recovered from head trauma in the emergency room. Got hit by a heavy metal object. Apparently it was a frying pan.
A man after my own heart...

...I think Charles' mom is still available to cook dinner...

Old 02-03-2010, 07:13 PM

37 posts, read 76,573 times
Has anyone else noticed that I'm in this thread with a bunch of men? And the person being planned for happens to be a woman?

@ Charles....
Therein lies the problem! Doe sit have to be ridiculous and bawdy to count as romantic for you guys? Maybe it's just me, but honestly, I don't want lingerie - it feels silly and sooo cliche. Comfy Jammies, wine and chocolate are all it takes to romance me. Oh and knowing that he actually took the time to plan something goes a looong way. As does the bottle of wine! As for the hubs, I don't think he gives a hoot what I'm wearing if his prospects are good...

@ friday13...
The pizza place wasn't my idea originally, BTW. BUT I'm a foodie. It's what I do. I love that stuff more than, uh, I mean, almost as much as I love my husband. Besides, who eats a freaking salad on Valentine's day? What's love without heartburn?

@ HB2HSV...
LMAO over that one. When was the last time YOU actually cooked in the kitchen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area