U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2006, 02:59 PM

317 posts, read 1,147,477 times

Advertisements

It is true that no matter where you live, there -- will be -- some things we have no control over. For me in NJ, every time I see a plane fly over....I wait. Every time I take the subway...my heart beats in fear. Every time I attend a Yankee Game or a Giants Game...I wonder. It is amazing how life has changed. This summer I took my 10 year old son to Washington DC to "see the sights". If you have not been there lately --- or at all -- don't bother! You cannot get anywhere near anything...and if you do want to actually go inside "a building"...you have to apply way in advance, get security clearances, etc. I found it sad to have to explain to my son....why we couldnt' "do" anything.

Last night I woke up....couldn't sleep...and there it was....an incredible bright staight beam of light shooting into the sky...coming from "ground zero"...in the impression of the ...once there...world trade center.

...In my list of personal reasons to leave NJ....towards the top of the list...is not living in one of the country's most targeted states.

At least with Hurricanes...you hopefully get "some" warning. There is ZERO warning with the terrorists.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2006, 03:30 PM

165 posts, read 615,119 times
Red face Hurricanes/Terrorist Attacks

I am fron NJ and left because I LOVE hot weather and dislike cold weather..... I agree 100% that no matter where you live, there is something wrong with it....natural or man made disasters waiting to happen. Not to mention other things like sickness, accidents..... I have always lived my life being careful....and then forget about any and all dangers, unless they arrive..... Besides being careful, what CAN you do? If it will make you feel any better, when it is your time to go....it is your time to go. I hope that you come to Florida for all the wonderful things it can offer.....and don't mind too much the not so wonderful things......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or