U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2017, 08:34 PM
 
4,954 posts, read 2,387,377 times
Reputation: 1688

Advertisements

11pmEST 5 July 2017 - "94L" in the Atlantic is now upgraded to "Tropical Depression Four". Still looks downhill for the system by Friday.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2017, 04:29 AM
 
Location: Near the Coast SWCT
74,078 posts, read 57,451,608 times
Reputation: 13139
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2017, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Near the Coast SWCT
74,078 posts, read 57,451,608 times
Reputation: 13139
Waves of dust. Hard for hurricanes to get going.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/883141315072020480
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2017, 08:34 AM
 
4,954 posts, read 2,387,377 times
Reputation: 1688
Per 11amEST 7 July 2017 update: "Tropical Depression #Four Advisory 7: Depression Forecast To Degenerate Into A Low Pressure System Later Today." So goodbye TD4! No more storm soon.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2017, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Near the Coast SWCT
74,078 posts, read 57,451,608 times
Reputation: 13139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Please pardon a question from a person who doesn't know much about weather. I'm scheduled to move to coastal VA over the next week. If I understand the updates and the charts, I should be fine, and the storm won't be an issue. Is that a correct interpretation?
Sorry, missed this! Yeah, looks like just another front coming through and no storm but keep checking this thread each day for future developments. Congrats and good luck on the move.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
Ask a million questions if need be! We're all eager to help/share/point in the right direction! .
Totally agree. We need more folks interacting on this thread.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
Per 11amEST 7 July 2017 update: "Tropical Depression #Four Advisory 7: Depression Forecast To Degenerate Into A Low Pressure System Later Today." So goodbye TD4! No more storm soon.
Wow. There goes that. Kinda knew it after models starting dropping the idea. Sometimes it doesnt pan out. Thats why past 7 days is still not guaranteed.

Now we watch the wave coming off Africa that could potentially become a cyclone.

https://twitter.com/Jackson_Dill/sta...34713351516168
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
4,631 posts, read 3,469,378 times
Reputation: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Totally agree. We need more folks interacting on this thread.
I think it would help if the hurricane and tornado suforums were just combined with the regular weather forum.

People on the regular forum probably forget about this thread as its isolated in the subforum which gets little activity.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 08:38 AM
 
4,954 posts, read 2,387,377 times
Reputation: 1688
It would likely get more views/conversations if moved to weather but I could see it getting buried in there as well since weather board has so much going on. Also I think it's the nature of hurricanes...unless it's closer to land most people just ignore them. If one gets close/big they can get lots of views/comments very quickly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Near the Coast SWCT
74,078 posts, read 57,451,608 times
Reputation: 13139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
I think it would help if the hurricane and tornado suforums were just combined with the regular weather forum.

People on the regular forum probably forget about this thread as its isolated in the subforum which gets little activity.
You do have the option to merge it into the entire forum. I don't.


And hell no.. No way to permanently doing it. I wouldn't favor that. It would get buried by those crappy pointless ridiculous repetitive annoying pointless Climate Battle and Rate this bull**** threads. No thanks. Leave it right here and its always available to see and click. When you click on the weather forum its always at the top.


Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
4,631 posts, read 3,469,378 times
Reputation: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
It would likely get more views/conversations if moved to weather but I could see it getting buried in there as well since weather board has so much going on. Also I think it's the nature of hurricanes...unless it's closer to land most people just ignore them. If one gets close/big they can get lots of views/comments very quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
You do have the option to merge it into the entire forum. I don't.


And hell no.. No way to permanently doing it. I wouldn't favor that. It would get buried by those crappy pointless ridiculous repetitive annoying pointless Climate Battle and Rate this bull**** threads. No thanks. Leave it right here and its always available to see and click. When you click on the weather forum its always at the top.

I guess they wouldn't get buried as badly if a some kind of subforum was created for climate threads, but I guess that will never happen, lol.

Wow I never noticed the option to merge the subforums before.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2017, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Key Biscayne, FL
5,697 posts, read 2,957,719 times
Reputation: 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
It would likely get more views/conversations if moved to weather but I could see it getting buried in there as well since weather board has so much going on. Also I think it's the nature of hurricanes...unless it's closer to land most people just ignore them. If one gets close/big they can get lots of views/comments very quickly.
Exactly.

I don't really post on this thread unless there's a storm threatening the U.S
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top