Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 06:54 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,248,805 times

Advertisements

My brother is here in Md. but has a home on Marco Island which as I understand it is under mandatory evacuation. At least he wasn't part of the poor souls who are trying to get out, but his home will probably be destroyed.

The track models remind me of a proctologist ramming his fist and forearm up Florida's ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 07:03 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
Time frame overnight/this AM did indeed change a little, allowing for more time to leave for those who wish to today (VERY southern tip of FL winds starting to pick up already though). Here's lateast tropical storm force wind (39mph or higher) arrival time maps (updated with 5amEST advisory, will update again when 11am comes out). Tropical Storm force is usually the threshold police use on when major bridges will be closed to drivers or when they start to not respond to calls for help sometimes (some have a higher wind limit just depends) So you want to be where you are going to stay for the storm by then if you can really.

Here's the earliest arrival time of TropicalStorm winds:

But here's the most likely arrival time of TropicalStorm winds:
Thank you
Looks like Sarasota/venice area would be safe for most of daylight hours SAT/today to relocate within local area-
due to local road/gas conditions how far could someone go--Ocala too far???
I know that is difficult to estimate but landing zone between Ft Myers to Tampa is worst outcome for us personally...i know others have their own +/- POVs

Thanks for any insight

Old 09-09-2017, 07:04 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Difficult, but amazing storm to track. Cuba was hit harder than expected and the continued western track is nuts. Even with all these technology, these storms have a mind of their own. Is it too late to evacuate from the west coast of Florida? Traffic on I-75 according to Google Maps doesn't look too bad, but of course that could be inaccurate. Not sure what the gas situation is either.

Hurricane Warnings up to Daytona Beach, Hurricane Watches in Northern Florida and Southern Georiga, Tropical Storm Watches also in effect in portions of the Florida panhandle and Georgia.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Space City Weather out of Houston's Sat am update
https://spacecityweather.com/saturda...ys-and-beyond/

Old 09-09-2017, 07:06 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So will Cuba more so than other smaller islands expend energy and drop her force to 4?
Will she gain momentum in the warmer water?

Slowing down will enable the turn but no way to tell how much--correct?
And no high pressure coming from the mainland anymore...
I would imagine that despite some friction with Cuba, the storm will be able to maintain most of it's energy over the warm water. I'm waiting for the turn like everyone else.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:18 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,216,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Is it too late to evacuate from the west coast of Florida? Traffic on I-75 according to Google Maps doesn't look too bad, but of course that could be inaccurate. Not sure what the gas situation is either.

Hurricane Warnings up to Daytona Beach, Hurricane Watches in Northern Florida and Southern Georiga, Tropical Storm Watches also in effect in portions of the Florida panhandle and Georgia.
Wife evacuated from Space Coast to Clearwater on Wednesday. Re-evacuating right now coming back to Space Coast. Better to endure lesser hurricane here than running ahead of the storm northward. Not to mention the nightmare of returning post-storm with 10 million other evacuees.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:19 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,172 times
An intense line of rainstorms has formed off the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina.

Winds from these storms are sweeping now across Northern Florida and lowering the pressure of air on the peninsula.

This formation is likely the basis of the models and the sudden turn to North.

At least I think it is.

One of the buoys I am monitoring just dropped to 1002.

This is I think finally it. Why didn't someone mention the band of rain off the coast of Georgia?

First gusts to exceed 40 knots on two buoys recorded 1.5 hours ago. Buoy data runs about one hour behind

Last edited by pbmaise; 09-09-2017 at 07:35 AM..

Old 09-09-2017, 07:21 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,627,271 times
Storm has started the turn very early this AM, skirting along the Cuba coast, overall moving around WNW, but 8am advisory said West likely because it was moving West at that moment. But its definitely not due west movement. We should see more signs of the eventual north turn when it slows down forward speed (moving 12mph currently). (Sat image was taken 859am). Keep in mind they're rarely perfectly straight lines of movements, usually constant tiny wobbles back and forth along a general heading.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:38 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,181 times
so the latest cone didn't have key largo in it.. with the new latest data. is key largo back in

Old 09-09-2017, 07:41 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,172 times
Pressure Jacksonville FL 1017
Pressure Florida Keys 1002

Last edited by pbmaise; 09-09-2017 at 08:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes