U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 08:05 AM

3,776 posts, read 3,643,593 times

Advertisements

OK, here goes...

I realise this is very "out there" and way out on the fringe of woo strange things, however it might possibly help someone - who knows?. If you dont believe in this kind of stuff, just ignore this post please.

Background:
I live in an area which has Spring storms. Nothing like hurricanes or tornados like you guys do, but still fairly violent with thunder and lightning lasting about an hour each time. I have in my lounge what is generally known as a Genesa Crystal, which is a 3D sructure based on sacred geometry shapes.

Name reference: Derald George Langham who was an American agricultural geneticist, sesame researcher, and founder of the Genesa Foundation. The Genesa Crystal is a geometric 3D shape made of (in this case) copper pipe, the type of pipe(7mm) some people use with micro-bore central heating systems. The size I have is maybe 40-45cms although is a little battered and worn now from being moved about with me.

For the last 10 years I have noticed that the large thunder/lightning storms we get here in Beijing, China every Spring/Summer do not come overhead and the many lightning strikes do not seem to strike anywhere nearby. So I was wondering if this structure might affect the weather by keeping violent storms away. There are no hills or any other physical things in the landscape which could affect the weather, so I was wondering if the claims made for this structure might possibly be true.

If there is something to these claims, then it might have a similar effect on preventing or diverting tornados or hurricanes. I realise there are some moral issues about diverting a large storm away from one location towards another area, but if it works, it might work by dissipating the storm rather than diverting it. The point is... we dont know.

It all might be total rubbish but as far as I know, no-one has tried placing a sacred geometry structure in an area which is subject to hurricanes and tornados.

As weird as it might sound, I heard that this structure was like a washing machine for the environment, cleaning and scrubbing the 'energies' and creating a better feeling in the area it was placed. The one I have is really quite easy to make out of 4 pieces of copper tube. The one here is made from paper but the design is the same using copper pipe. I believe mine affects the thunderstorms for 3-5 miles around my apartment.

So, after all that, I am proposing someone who maybe lives in Tornado Alley or in an area which is subject to hurricanes and tornados might like to try making one of these things and giving it a go and reporting back here on the results of the experiment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 09:32 AM

42,576 posts, read 61,324,957 times
Try it and report back...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance
Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Try it and report back...
Yes. Science is very sceptical when it comes to anythingf which cannot be measured, but there are people out there who believe in all kinds of wierd things which have no basis in science. Another report for this thing is that it livens up dead or dark areas of the garden. (Any result like this and you will have to post it in the Mysteries and Paranormal forum though!)

Probably, the worst that will occur is that absolutely nothing happens and there is no effect for this kind of experiment. The best is that there wont be any storms which form in the area of this structure. Most likely it will be somewhere in-between where folks cannot tell if there has been any effect at all. However, it may take a couple of weeks to get going.

The Genesa Crystal looks quite nice as a garden ornament and if exposed to the elements in the garden, it forms a blue-green patina on the copper pipe over time. You may have to tie it down somewhow so that it does not hurt someone, if it gets blown away in the hurricane.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:28 AM

When faced with death of loved ones and destruction of property I find it odd that no-one is wanting to discuss this.

As I said in the OP, I am aware it is a strange suggestion, but as I also said, I bet there are many people out there who believe in similarly odd things such as 'touch wood' for luck, or noticing a black cat also for luck. Of course, I can understand if, for religious reasons, folks dont want to try this idea but if looked apon as an experiment which just might have a beneficial effect on the weather and reduce death and destruction, I would have thought some folks would give it a go.

Maybe you guys are too polite to tell me I am dabbling in things I dont understand, but I can assure you if you do feel that way, I will not be offended and I will not start a religious argument here either.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:09 PM

4,321 posts, read 2,185,480 times
To be honest the hurricane forum doesn't see much traffic unless a bigger storm is approaching land.

Personally I don't believe it has any special abilities/energy, I'd be inclined to reconsider if factories/shops or shops that sell multiple ones had a noticeable affect on their environment. I've always liked them as a garden feature though and any type of art work / appreciation of craftsmanship can definitely improve a mood/state of mind/relax. To each there own. I don't get into tornadoes much so couldn't really comment there.

Hurricanes though people have actually been trying to come up with all kinds of ideas to stop/weaken/deflect but they're hard to implement/test/get approval/or backers with the means to help fund such endeavors don't want their name attached. As far as the lightning aspect of hurricanes, a lot of them actually don't have lightning, which is crazy to think since they're such a powerful machine and large storm, but new studies and detection capabilities suggest the limited lighting occasionally seen in hurricanes means intensity change is or about to occur which may help detect sudden changes and relay better forecast (intensity of a hurricane predictions are harder to do then where it will go). Hurricanes typically are several hundred miles across, that's a large presence to try and alter. Previous hurricane altering was attempted by the US Government from 1962 to 1971 by cloud seeding with silver iodide, basically to force a new eye wall to form thus causing the storm to weaken for a time to switch eye walls but was later determined that hurricanes did this on their own in what we call ERC (Eyewall replacement cycle) and not discernible changes could be confirmed/noticed. It was also attempted with dry ice in 1947 but shortly after the storm turned around and made landfall in GA, USA and many blamed the mod to it's turn but some say it was already turning but definitive answers seem to be unknown...it wasn't tried again. Others have been developing different types of motion control systems to be scattered around off the coast to bring up colder water to the surface where warmer water is...hurricanes feed off warm water (and every single degree temperature matters to a hurricane) so in theory it should work if done on a large scale. But then if we do succeed on something does this mean it goes somewhere it wasn't going to go? Or will the farmers in the middle of the US not get their drought relief if someone on the coast changes the storm to some degree? Or would that rain have caused that flood that wiped out 4 towns? etc etc. Lot of unknowns with that. But we will see what happens in the future.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:13 AM

Psychoma thanks for your reply and explanation.

This kind of thing does not attract any science because as you say, no-one wants to place their name on the research and also of course, no-one wants to fund a project which will attract ridicule. However, all it needs is for a few people to notice something and we may have an effect which can be studied in the future. It seems unlikely in the currect scientific climate that anyone would place any credence to claims of this kind but maybe in a few years time someone will look back and pull all the reports together.

Quote:
But then if we do succeed on something does this mean it goes somewhere it wasn't going to go? Or will the farmers in the middle of the US not get their drought relief if someone on the coast changes the storm to some degree? Or would that rain have caused that flood that wiped out 4 towns? etc etc.
No-one knows what the weather will do, but if there is less destruction and loss of life, then everyone should be pleased.

Moral decisions are difficult and perhaps the only 'fair' way is for the good of all to be considered which it is often not. We dont live in an ideal world so everything we do will effect someone in some way somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or