Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2023, 05:08 AM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105

Advertisements

Sat 26Aug 5aEDT/AST: Winds 65mph(100km/h), moving ENE 6mph(9km/h), pressure 992mb. Center about 660miles(1,060km) S of Bermuda. TS winds extend up to 115miles(185km) from center.

Wind shear decreasing, getting better organized, turns more North soon. NHC with hurricane later today, Cat3 West of Bermuda to start the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2023, 05:53 AM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Sun 27Aug 5aEDT/AST: Winds 90mph(150km/h), moving NW 8mph(13km/h), pressure 973mb. Cat1 Hurricane. NHC now going with rapid intensification starting today, with Cat4 early Tuesday before weakening trend begins.

Center about 575miles(925km) SSW of Bermuda. Hurricane winds extend up to 25miles(35km) from center, TS winds extend up to 140miles(220km) from center.

Some of the track guidance has changes - still all turn away from US, but some have the front capturing and turning closer to Newfoundland or East of there, while some other models miss it and send storm East or Southeast direction, but eventually turn out to sea still.

So still Bermuda / Newfoundland potential. But with strong storm just off US East coast rip current dangers will be high for this week into the Labor Day weekend. Please be careful out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2023, 08:48 AM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Sun 27Aug 11aEDT/AST: Winds 100mph(155km/h), moving NNW 8mph(13km/h), pressure 971mb. Cat2 now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2023, 04:47 PM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Sun 27Aug 5pEDT/AST: Winds 100mph(155km/h), moving NNW 8mph(13km/h), pressure 970mb. Bermuda currently has about 70% chance TS winds, about 30% chance of winds about 58mph and 10% of Hurricane winds this week as passes by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2023, 04:45 AM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Mon 28Aug 5aEDT/AST: Winds 115mph(185km/h), moving NNW 8mph(13km/h), pressure 956mb. Cat3. Center about 505miles(810km) SW of Bermuda.

Last edited by Psychoma; 08-28-2023 at 06:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2023, 06:08 AM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Mon 28Aug 735aEDT/AST: Air recon finds storm stronger: Winds 130mph(210km/h), moving NNW 8mph(13km/h), pressure 942mb. Cat4. Has really improved on satellite to a classic looking very strong healthy system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2023, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Near the Coast SWCT
83,502 posts, read 75,252,292 times
Reputation: 16619
What do you get when waters are hot, there is no shear or dust and no land to interfere with a storm?

BEAST MODE

CAT 4 ABOUT TO BE A CAT 5

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2023, 03:11 PM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Mon 28Aug 5pEDT/AST: Winds 145mph(230km/h), moving N 9mph(15km/h), pressure 937mb. TS Watch for Bermuda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2023, 06:14 PM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Mon 28Aug 8pEDT/AST: Winds 150mph(240km/h), moving N 9mph(15km/h), pressure 926mb. Has a few more hours to strengthen and try and reach Cat5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2023, 04:18 AM
 
7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Reputation: 2105
Tues 29Aug 5aEDT/AST: Winds 140mph(220km/h), moving NNE 9mph(15km/h), pressure 935mb. Looks like we peaked last night at 150mph. Dangerous rip current threat along the entire US East coast into the Labor Day holiday weekend. Please be careful if at the beach. Numerous rescues will be likely if we look at past storms just off the coast. Heads off towards Iceland general direction.







Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top