Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 AM

286 posts, read 1,232,037 times

Advertisements

Jax. Bchs. getting rain and some wind. Mostly concerned about flooding, tho. Here's my fav surf forecasting website for those of you who are weather geeks like me! lol... Florida Surf Report and Surf Forecast.

Any word on whether they'll close the bridges to Jax Bch? I saw that they had closed the Dames Point....

Stay safe everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 01:16 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Just got our electricity back, we lost it for about an hour.
We went down to the beach, got pelted with rain, salt and sand, and paid our respects to Mother Nature. The streets are rather wet indeed.
Stay safe y'all.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:06 PM

156 posts, read 1,063,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
I am waiting Fay.... are you visiting Ocala or not? Oh, and BTW, I dislike all your rain! It is leaving SPOTS on my car when I go out. Hmmmmph

Seriously, On the south end of Ocala, We have only had some rain and it is slightly breezy off and on here so far. But I did put my patio furniture away, just in case!!!
I know this is getting frustrating! Besides the kids want to raid the hurricane supplies....I hate to go shopping and have it all go to waste in the fridge if we lose power. My kids are actually saying "Can we have a non perishable snack??"

Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,451 times
Anybody got an update on the nw palm bay area? My mom passed away last Monday and my dad is up here with us. He is very concerned about the flooding. Can anyone give us an update?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:45 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrein View Post
I know this is getting frustrating! Besides the kids want to raid the hurricane supplies....I hate to go shopping and have it all go to waste in the fridge if we lose power. My kids are actually saying "Can we have a non perishable snack??"
Hahaha My kids wanted to get into the "hurricane supplies" too! I broke down and let them have some WATER! LOL

Still Rainy here! I kinda miss the sun <sigh> I am getting "cabin fever", they even canceled my classes this week, so I have been BORED senseless.

I guess I will go back to looking at Wunderground.com.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:03 AM

128 posts, read 320,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarmyof1 View Post
Anybody got an update on the nw palm bay area? My mom passed away last Monday and my dad is up here with us. He is very concerned about the flooding. Can anyone give us an update?
Would love to be able to help you out, but the flooding is on a street by street, house by house situation. There are still quite a few impassable roads and I don't think there has been a comprehensive list yet. That being said, I haven't heard anything about NW Palm Bay. Your best source is probably going to be the website for Florida Today (the local newspaper). I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you've got your dad safely with you.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:45 AM

200 posts, read 683,934 times
HI Pirate Girl - are you flooding over there? We are....what a mess! SUCH WINDS TOO! We are finally getting hit, I guess. RATS!

Hey I just posted this on another thread but thought you all may want to see it too.
Cool projection site:
firstcoastnews.com | Jacksonville, FL | Stormtrack iMap

Old 08-22-2008, 12:05 PM

200 posts, read 683,934 times
one more GREAT WEB SITE LINK - a LIVE WEBCAST from JAX - a lot about JAX and northern FL but they also do a "national coverage" once in awhile re: FAY.

LIVE WEBCAST: Tropical Storm Fay Coverage | Firstcoastnews.com | Breaking News

Old 08-22-2008, 03:31 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
I feel badly for anyone caught up in Fay's wrath. Even here in Tampa, my friends, family, and neighbors are getting depressed after a week of non-stop gloom. And, I'm on weather channel overload. I'm hoping this goes away sooner than later.

And what's next??? The weather people are watching several tropical waves!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
It tis the season. 3+ months more of keeping the vigil. So far so good. Maybe Fay at least got us ready for what may be worse down the road. Let's hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes