U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2006, 12:31 PM

110 posts, read 135,771 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to say to all of the fellow Floridians and newcomers to Florida-Best Wishes in this season. May we all make it through with no more than a few lost tree limbs! Time to batten down the hatches and get ready. Alberto looks weak now, but there seems to be alot of rain involved. Take care everyone!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 AM

566 posts, read 1,923,513 times
Thank you! Yes, hopefully we won' have any threats this year & I certainly wish the best to all of us in Florida and the others/different states that are in the Hurricane zones, too.
I know this might seem sick, especially those that don't live here & Florida & all this seems new & terrifying ...but I even went to the beach yesterday. It's kind of cool to go when it's like this, when there is no thunder of course. Gives me like a cozy, mysterious feeling - I simply love it!

Best to all...

Old 06-12-2006, 08:10 AM

40 posts, read 166,410 times
Default Stay well all...

...it has been predicted that the entire east coast could be battered this year.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 AM

Well...all we can do is hope for the best.

God bless us all.
(Ooops...??? I hope I can use this word

Old 06-12-2006, 06:49 PM

363 posts, read 1,906,432 times
Oh goodness. It's not weird to find excitement and beauty in the first talk and signs of the storm... I've talked to many who feel that way. Really. And going to the beach in the wind and rain (not lightening) is gorgeous. The only thing that is silly are the people that just don't head more serious warning. To me, they are inconsiderate of those men and women who's jobs would require them to provide rescue service of some sort- if they got into a bad situation. It seems self centered. I know you weren't talking about that though. Preparing for and sometimes being brushed by a hurricane can be thrilling, romantic, fun, and memory making... providing it doesn't do you harm -and hopefully, no one else. Know what I mean?

Old 06-12-2006, 07:06 PM

I exactly know what you mean. I agree 100% with everything you said.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:21 PM

363 posts, read 1,906,432 times
Thanks Lulu. Back at ya!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:43 PM

121 posts, read 733,378 times
Default Gulf waters are H-O-T!! Dodged a bullet with Alberto

Had there not been dry air in the wester gulf this would have been a very nasty storm. It went over 85 degree water and without any moisture to feed it was able to build very rapidly over that water.. In early June this is very bad. Add to this the prognosticators have been saying most of the storms would be Atlantic storms and not Gulf storms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes