Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:36 PM

274 posts, read 709,262 times

Advertisements

I think a hurricane will hit New York City soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,515,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Ok..so here are my predictions, with a twist..

Though it may start off with a quick developing storm about 10 days ahead of the official start, im predicting there will be only 10-12 storm events in the Atlantic basin this season..
Nice call on this one!!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
get your last minute hurricane predictions in!!!!! see if your prediction beats DR grey's hurricane guru's yearly predictions

Old 06-02-2009, 04:46 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
I think we will have 12 Hurricanes some small and some larger ones.........and many will hug the EAST coast.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,212 times
Wow, this is fun.
9 Category 8 hurricanes will hit Cheyenne.
Did I win? Did I win?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
I'll say late July something (hurricane) will enter the GOM.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Funny... I was searching for the 2009 hurricane forecast for the Caribbean's and came across this thread.

Looks like the forecast was revised from "above average" to average. I'm thinking of vacation in November. In all the historical data a major hurricane has never really hit past the end of October, but November is still officially hurricane season... And all these hurricane guarantees, insurances, etc. are such confusing BS. Obviously, whatever happens to you ain't gonna be covered! I wonder how it works if a hurricane hits earlier and the area is destroyed... Looks like these "cancellation for any reason" policies are quite pricey.

I was in Puerto Vallarta the end of Oct '02. Banderas Bay is huge and PV is almost never hit by hurricanes. It was destroyed about a week after we got back! And I was trying to delay the vacation by a week or two earlier because I found out the rainy season might not be over after booking. Good thing I couldn't reschedule it! I love the beach, but this situation with all nearby beaches is sickening!

I would go to PV in October again, but I really wanna go to Riviera Maya, darn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Another article i read from NOAA is forecasting the likely possibility of an above normal Monsoon for the desert S.W. this summer as well..
The monsoon season here this summer IS disgusting!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:35 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Default it's not over till it's over

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Funny... I was searching for the 2009 hurricane forecast for the Caribbean's and came across this thread.

Looks like the forecast was revised from "above average" to average. I'm thinking of vacation in November. In all the historical data a major hurricane has never really hit past the end of October, but November is still officially hurricane season... And all these hurricane guarantees, insurances, etc. are such confusing BS. Obviously, whatever happens to you ain't gonna be covered! I wonder how it works if a hurricane hits earlier and the area is destroyed... Looks like these "cancellation for any reason" policies are quite pricey.

I was in Puerto Vallarta the end of Oct '02. Banderas Bay is huge and PV is almost never hit by hurricanes. It was destroyed about a week after we got back! And I was trying to delay the vacation by a week or two earlier because I found out the rainy season might not be over after booking. Good thing I couldn't reschedule it! I love the beach, but this situation with all nearby beaches is sickening!

I would go to PV in October again, but I really wanna go to Riviera Maya, darn it!

The monsoon season here this summer IS disgusting!

TPC ATLANTIC LENNY 1999 PRELIMINARY REPORT hurricane lenny hit st croix on november 23 1999 heading east insted off west.. after that hurricane i never say it's over!!!!! till it's over

Old 07-18-2009, 09:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
TPC ATLANTIC LENNY 1999 PRELIMINARY REPORT hurricane lenny hit st croix on november 23 1999 heading east insted off west.. after that hurricane i never say it's over!!!!! till it's over
I know... That's why I'm a bit worried about it. Besides, if the area has been trashed a little earlier, it's still almost the same headache as far as vacations go.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I'm not the most crispy flake in the box but I know enough to know I don't know....All I can hope for is a lot of rain this season to bring up water tables. I'm am no match for Dr. Gray....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes