Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

Advertisements

man for 55-65K I would opt for a used mercedes CLK 6.3 or a BMW 745I or heck even a used aston martin DB9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 12:23 PM

747 posts, read 2,759,231 times
Yeah I'm sure a used Aston Martin DB9 is a great idea. Especially for people who are interested in a cushy 4dr sedan with lots of passenger amenities.

Up next: "Man, for that money I'd rather have an F350 6.7 Dually KR"

Do people just like to dream out loud on these forums, or do they understand an iota of how most humans shop and how the marketplace works?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Costanza View Post
Yeah I'm sure a used Aston Martin DB9 is a great idea. Especially for people who are interested in a cushy 4dr sedan with lots of passenger amenities.

Up next: "Man, for that money I'd rather have an F350 6.7 Dually KR"

Do people just like to dream out loud on these forums, or do they understand an iota of how most humans shop and how the marketplace works?
well ok if you need four doors you can get a used maserati quattroporte in the 60K-70K range

Old 08-03-2010, 12:38 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
man for 55-65K I would opt for a used mercedes CLK 6.3 or a BMW 745I or heck even a used aston martin DB9
That's funny. For 55-65K, I would NEVER buy a used car. If I'm going to spend that kind of money on a car, it had better be brand new.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Some used cars transcend "used car" status. They become simply "luxury/sports cars in this price range." Astons, Ferraris, and of course the whole collector car market is in this situation. New or used really doesn't matter. It's a case of "this is the car I want, this is what it costs to buy it." I love the DBS. New it costs $200k+. But since older ones are available for just over half that, then to me, there's no reason to buy a NEW one, when I can get the same car for less. Since the car is what it is, that's the price of it. It's not about spending the least amount of money, it's about getting the best deal on something you want. Doesn't matter if that's an Aston Martin or a Craftsman ratchet set.

But the point you make is quite true, as there are a lot of people that will only buy new, regardless of price point, so features for the dollar are important. This Hyuundai is for them. It's not for me, but that doens't matter to Hyundai, nor should it.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:43 PM

404 posts, read 1,556,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Here is a list of standard features in it as well... I called the dealer, they said it should be released "soon" but they don't know when....

HYUNDAI RELEASES ENGINEERING AND FEATURE INFORMATION FOR THE ALL-NEW 2011 HYUNDAI EQUUS
wow

you can't really ask for anything more in a luxury car

wow

Old 08-03-2010, 06:46 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
That's a nice maserati... however I can't buy used cars... too many liars out there to weed through... its funny how people are upset that Hyundai IS making a luxury car and they come with the attack that only specific car manufacturers can make them... why? That's like telling Toyota to not START making trucks anymore cause Ford does that... any car manufacturer can make any type of car they want.. I don't know ANY car company that doesn't make the whole spectrum of cars, sedans, minivans, trucks, SUVs, or even luxury cars... so Hyundai makes a great car and people complain... lol... don't matter, I value the best bang for my dollar and that goes to Hyundai... I won't buy any more used cars from scammers... for every one okay used car sold twenty more were sold with major defects... no thanks...

Old 08-03-2010, 06:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
wow

wow
Sure you can... all that for 55k... and Hyundai delivers it to your front door (literally)...

Old 08-03-2010, 06:51 PM

404 posts, read 1,556,998 times
same Hyundai warranty, home pick up service for maintenance and repair, home demo service, feature packed, very competetively priced, latest technology

i don't see a downside unless you need a different badge to show to the neighbors and coworkers

Old 08-03-2010, 07:01 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
wow

wow
I can. Give me a monstrous and stupidly powerful but quiet and refined turbo diesel. When I blip the throttle, I want enough torque to alter the Earth's rotation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia