U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 AM

170 posts, read 577,292 times

Advertisements

Lately I have been noticing a lot of media buzz on Hyundai? It looks like they are starting to crank out some pretty good looking cars packed with features. So what do you think of them? Is a $35,000 Azera worth the price over a LaCrosse or Avalon? Is a Genesis worth the price? How about a $60,000 Equus?
I am thinking of getting rid of my Fusion Sport next year and I am really starting to give them a serious look. ..even more so than Audi, which I adore
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 AM

2 posts, read 4,733 times
Hyundai spent over a decade produces the car and tweaking it but when the 2007 newest model came out their were so many possibilities to do with the car. But they STOP PRODUCTION JUST TO PRODUCE ANOTHER SPORTS CAR AND SPORTS COUPE which doesn't make sense to me. They did not keep the Tiburon and improve it. They are not sticking to one car just trying to Change it to try to attract more buyers but the finished product ( Veloster is not working out in my minds).

Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 AM

38,704 posts, read 97,464,200 times
Here we go again....

Old 03-01-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Here we go again....
Was there a previous post started? I did a quick search but didnt really see one. I dont like reposting...

Old 03-01-2012, 03:06 AM

35,316 posts, read 48,355,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Here we go again....
Where we going again? isnt this the car forum? If you dont like topics about Hyundai's just dont participate.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,028,669 times
My take on Hyundai is the same as KIA, they are too young of a company to know if the quality of the car is going to be equalled to its competitors- Toyota, Honda, Subaru. Personally I would not buy a Hyundai just because to me they feel cheap, like the GM linuep. Id go Subaru, Honda, Toy, in that order. Not saying the Hyundais don't look good, they do and they offer tons of features n bells n whistles, but longevity and reliability have not been time tested so its a gamble.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 AM

I have never looked into Subaru but I hear many people talk about them. I might have to check them out

Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 AM

17,871 posts, read 22,295,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daellis99 View Post
I have never looked into Subaru but I hear many people talk about them. I might have to check them out
You may find this article about Subaru interesting:
Subaru Named Top Automaker by Consumer Reports as Honda Falls in Rankings - Bloomberg

I can tell you that I am currently driving my 3rd new Subaru.
I would not have bought the second Subaru if the first one had not been more reliable and problem-free than all of my previous cars, including a Honda, a Ford, a Chevy,
a Volvo (the worst car I ever owned!!), a VW, and a Dodge.

And, as you can probably guess, the fact that my second Subaru was even better than the first one led me to buy #3. So far, in about 1.5 years/17k miles, it has been flawless.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 AM

38,704 posts, read 97,464,200 times
Quote:
Was there a previous post started? I did a quick search but didnt really see one. I dont like reposting...
Maybe not specifically, but it's a topic that's beaten/flamed to death here. Seemingly every Kia/Hyundai thread here eventually turns in that direction whatever the original thread topic was supposed to be. It's probably good to have a specific thread on the topic so that those who beat it to death in other threads can be redirected here.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:19 AM

4,472 posts, read 16,730,009 times
Quote:
Lately I have been noticing a lot of media buzz on Hyundai? It looks like they are starting to crank out some pretty good looking cars packed with features. So what do you think of them? Is a $35,000 Azera worth the price over a LaCrosse or Avalon? Is a Genesis worth the price? How about a $60,000 Equus?
I am thinking of getting rid of my Fusion Sport next year and I am really starting to give them a serious look. ..even more so than Audi, which I adore
Hyundai has made a substantial improvement in its lineup compared to as few as 5 years ago. BUT I'm still leery of the true quality of Hyundai vehicles and how they'll hold up overtime. It seems that they've priced them at a bargain and loaded them with features but I'm thinking that over time, owners may face some expensive repair bills if Hyundai cheaped out on the quality of the technology installed. If it's priced too good to be true...it usually is.

GM and Ford have been incrementally improving their lineup for the better part of 10 years and are now beginning to see consumers respond enthusiastically to their vehicles. Hyundai can't just go from a pile of sh^t to a bar of gold in a few years, it raises some serious red flags in my opinion.

I'd personally go with a Lacrosse over anything you're looking at. Very nice vehicle for the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia