Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM

366 posts, read 1,441,283 times

Advertisements

Ok yeah we know this is another Scion xB but what are you guys thoughts/opinions on the Kia Soul? Do you think its better than the xB or is it just another vehicle better-off being a concept than available to everyone?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 06:32 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
It's much better styled than the XB and seems to have a bit more character. The present generation XB is very dull Toyota. I have not driven the Soul yet, but I think it looks great and Kia just may have a hit on their hands.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
It shares a platform with the Rio but has an optional engine from the Spectra. Several car magazines tested it and compared it to it's boxy competitors. They said the xB styling is lacking but has good functional space. The Nissan Cube has funky styling inside and out but it's a love it or hate it styling and they didn't like it. The Soul had the best styling in their opinion and the best price. The engine choices are very good with a very fuel efficient base engine or a slightly sportier optional engine. Naturally they picked the faster engine though they said the handling performance was also lacking but what box vehicle isn't lacking in handling. These vehicles are more for either being seen (cruising) or for having functional storage space in a small package.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
If I buy one new does it come with dancing hamsters?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
i checked out the Soul at the local auto show a few months back. since i own a 09 xB, i was interested to see what the competition had to offer. while i do like the design of the Soul (although it sits way too high IMO), it lacks the incredible use of space you get in the xB. i'm 6'8", but the xB actually fits me very well. by comparison, my fit in the Soul was very cramped. also, while the xB's interior materials have to be some of the cheapest offerings i have ever seen from Toyota, the Soul was seemed one step down even from that.

i'm looking forward to seeing what the aftermarket will do for this car, though. i like the design and see some great potential.

Mike

Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 AM

19 posts, read 85,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I have not driven the Soul yet, but I think it looks great and Kia just may have a hit on their hands.
I'd like to drive one myself in stick- it's probably a fun car and it's easy on the eyes IMO

Old 04-29-2009, 11:41 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,181 times
I think its a really nice car, and it seems to be quite responsive with the bigger motor and stick. With its good pricing and excellent utility, I think it would be a good buy.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM

704 posts, read 1,871,231 times
I saw one up close and personal at our local dealership, sat in it and looked it over. Seemed like a really cool car. it was not fro sale, just a promo model. but I was certainly interested...

Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM

19 posts, read 85,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
I think its a really nice car, and it seems to be quite responsive with the bigger motor and stick. With its good pricing and excellent utility, I think it would be a good buy.
Awesome you drove one?! How'd it handle? I haven't driven one, but I did see one in person drive by the other week and it was much larger in person.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 PM

498 posts, read 1,455,092 times
I like it a lot, it's definitely the first kia worth noticing in a long time. I have mixed feelings about the segment (xB, PT-cruiser, Element?), and I probably wouldn't choose to own one. I think the xB is very nice inside, it's huge and spacious, but still easy to get into and easy to maneuver. I hope the soul is the same way I think it must truly be a great car, but I doubt it's as spacious as good as the xB. It still is excellent looking and excellent priced though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia