Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 02:47 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,507,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Wah Wah wah but it is Sunday Almost time for wine and beer and the hard stuff for those tough enough. Have a great one.

Chris
I did my damage on the eve of Spud Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 04:01 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,003,216 times
Whoo-hoo! I remember when you moved there! So...now I can relate. Been here in Spirit Lakew for almost eight months and never been so happy with a decision.

My builder planted a Japanese red maple out front by the curb and it seems to be happy there. All I have done it spritz it with water. I am contemplating a veggie garden next spring, but will have to build a raised plot and bring in good soil (not rocks) for that, which is a good probability. Meanwhile, I'm lovin' the rain today! Woodstove burning, good book on my Kindle.

Best wishes and thoughts your way!!!!!!

Susan

Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Whoo-hoo! I remember when you moved there! So...now I can relate. Been here in Spirit Lakew for almost eight months and never been so happy with a decision.

My builder planted a Japanese red maple out front by the curb and it seems to be happy there. All I have done it spritz it with water. I am contemplating a veggie garden next spring, but will have to build a raised plot and bring in good soil (not rocks) for that, which is a good probability. Meanwhile, I'm lovin' the rain today! Woodstove burning, good book on my Kindle.

Best wishes and thoughts your way!!!!!!

Susan
Hey you! Awesome to hear you are getting settled!! I sure wish I had some of that rain right now, I love the stuff

Are you in Zone 4?

Some of what you and I have discussed is actually kind of manifesting right now, hopefully temporarily, but LE is so incredible here I'd be happy to stay if it was winter all year long. I'm sleeping well at night

Wouldn't you agree that moving to Idaho is like going to a kinder gentler planet?

Let me know when you are ready for a flower garden and I will send you some seeds! Just make sure your soil is totally bind weed free. I made the mistake of letting some get moved from one side of the property to the other to make a mound where there was once a stump, and I'm paying for it!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:47 PM

BTW, I stand by my statement that job market sucks, but less than 24 hours after I posted original remarks, I was on duty at new job. Working for peanuts but loving the elephants.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:20 PM

7,357 posts, read 12,600,385 times
New job!!!! Congrats! And it's the elephants that count, more than the peanuts.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
New job!!!! Congrats! And it's the elephants that count, more than the peanuts.
Thank you Clark Fork Fantasy!!!

It's great to be back here and feel like I'm among old friends. Did folks ever have a get together? Is Sage still our fearless leader?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 AM

993 posts, read 3,245,297 times
Yes Sage is still our leader and Trace is still throwing a party but it will be next year in spring.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Yes Sage is still our leader and Trace is still throwing a party but it will be next year in spring.
For Real? Where? When?
All good news!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,003,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Hey you! Awesome to hear you are getting settled!! I sure wish I had some of that rain right now, I love the stuff

Are you in Zone 4?

Some of what you and I have discussed is actually kind of manifesting right now, hopefully temporarily, but LE is so incredible here I'd be happy to stay if it was winter all year long. I'm sleeping well at night

Wouldn't you agree that moving to Idaho is like going to a kinder gentler planet?

Let me know when you are ready for a flower garden and I will send you some seeds! Just make sure your soil is totally bind weed free. I made the mistake of letting some get moved from one side of the property to the other to make a mound where there was once a stump, and I'm paying for it!
Bind weed? Uh-oh...I thought I had nothing to fear anymore since moving away from AZ's dreaded Goatheads. Putting in lawn in front in the spring but I'm not sure how I will "garden" yet, so I'll keep your offer in mind for seed.

Yeah...kinder, gentler planet is correct. AZ has become a boiling cauldron of anger and fear and mistrust...especially in the southern parts. And not because of Joe Arpaio

Gotta get together some day...and I'm happy to hear you got a job where the elephants are kind!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:47 AM

5,323 posts, read 18,224,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
For Real? Where? When?
All good news!!!
Yeah what she said, where? when? We could always car pool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls