Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 01:03 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,519,994 times

Advertisements

Romeo and Juliet opens tonight, Friday 2/20 - was postponed one week
Show starts at 7:30
Discounts for children and family groups
http://www.thevirginiatheater.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 PM

Default Romeo and Juliet at the Virginia Theater in Shelley

Don't miss out!! Support your local youth and artists!! Enjoy a friendly visit to Lazy D's next door! Best deal in town! Playing tonite as well as next Saturday! Come one Come all!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Idaho Falls- top 10 things to do-dsc_0594.jpg   Idaho Falls- top 10 things to do-dsc_1164.jpg  

Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
Question "The Intergalactic Nemesis"

From Austin, Tx, this staged radio show is at the Colonial Theater only on Thursday, March 5th. Check the idahofallsarts.com site for more info. I can't say that I know much about this performance. Maybe someone can report if they attend or hear more about it.

I have to say I'm truly impressed with the variety of different entertainment the Arts Council brings to Idaho Falls each year. I don't recall having seen this group perform in Idaho Falls before, but I may be wrong. Nonetheless, kudos to all those who work so hard to bring variety to our lives.

MSR

Old 03-02-2009, 04:07 PM

Thumbs up Celtic Air for St. Patty's Day (Early)

If you want to get an early start to St. Patrick's Day, remember Celtic Air is playing on March 7. The Arts Council has more info, or Celtic Air now has their own website along with a MySpace site too.

Listen if you get a chance. Then please post any thoughts you have about Celtic Air, Jacie Sites or this group having released a new CD.

Congratulations to Celtic Air for a new CD! Thank you to the Sites for all they have done to promote and give children the opportunity to learn more about music through their various strings programs.

Celtic Air - Home

Celtic Air on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

MSR

Old 03-15-2009, 04:18 PM

The Titanic Exhibit has opened at the Museum of Idaho in Idaho Falls The Museum of Idaho and runs through Sept. 07 2009.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 PM

Question Taste of Home Cooking School

This sounds like a new event, or at least one with which I'm not familiar.

"Taste of Home Cooking School- Spring Sensation," will be held at Idaho Falls High School on 05/05/09. It is an event for all the family.

It appears to have local sponsorship; however, I'm unclear if local vendors will simply display their products, or if this is more an opportunity for locals interested in Cooking to connect with local resources etc.

If you know anything about this event, please post it.

Thanks

MSR

Old 04-11-2009, 09:53 AM

Cool Tautphaus Park Zoo Opens Today

Tatuphaus Park Zoo opens today. I believe there are new displays this year, although they still may be in the construction phase.

Remember, if you like to visit zoos (or someone in your family does) to check about the season's pass for Tautphaus in Idaho Falls and ask about what other zoos in the U.S. you can also get into with a pass purchased in Idaho Falls. I know the San Diego and National (D.C.) are two facilities one cannot access through a Tautphaus-purchased ticket.

I've been told by those with large families they have saved a lot of money getting local zoo tickets and then essentially walking straight through to other cities zoos in most other states.

If you have ever done this, please post about your experience. Would you do it again? What tips would you give others?

Spring/Summer must be coming for the zoo to open and snow predicted for only 1-2 times this next week.

MSR

Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM

634 posts, read 2,347,257 times
It might not be the most cultural of activities, but I was happy to know that the batting cages on W. Broadway are also open (weather pending): M-F 4-8, Sa 9-8. Baseball season is here!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
It might not be the most cultural of activities, but I was happy to know that the batting cages on W. Broadway are also open (weather pending): M-F 4-8, Sa 9-8. Baseball season is here!

That's good news. It's been so long since I've been on that end of town I didn't even know they were still in existence

Old 04-15-2009, 08:49 AM

445 posts, read 1,328,077 times
Default Fly Fishing/Fly Tying Expo

The 16th Annual East Idaho Fly Tying and Fishing Expo will be held at the Shilo Inn in Idaho Falls this Friday and Saturday, April 17 and 18. General admission is FREE and there are demonstrations and workshops for women and youngsters, as well as beginning and veteran fly fishermen and fly tyers.

Hours are 8am until 6pm Friday, and 8am until 4pm Saturday. The show is the work of The Snake River Cutthroats, the local fly fishing club. A banquet Saturday night from 5:30pm to 9:30pm is the club's fundraiser (tickets $30).

This is one of the largest and best fly fishing and fly tying expos held in the country. If you fish or are curious, don't miss this event.

pimit2 (Bob)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls