U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 04:02 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,264,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
The 16th Annual East Idaho Fly Tying and Fishing Expo will be held at the Shilo Inn in Idaho Falls this Friday and Saturday, April 17 and 18. General admission is FREE and there are demonstrations and workshops for women and youngsters, as well as beginning and veteran fly fishermen and fly tyers.

Hours are 8am until 6pm Friday, and 8am until 4pm Saturday. The show is the work of The Snake River Cutthroats, the local fly fishing club. A banquet Saturday night from 5:30pm to 9:30pm is the club's fundraiser (tickets $30).

This is one of the largest and best fly fishing and fly tying expos held in the country. If you fish or are curious, don't miss this event.

pimit2 (Bob)
Bob,

I was so happy to see you post this. When I read about the event earlier this week, I thought about sending you a DM to make sure you knew. Just shows how well you are getting to know your new home state.

You are very correct, "This is one of the largest and best fly fishing and fly tying expos held in the country." Some may be surprised from how far many participants come.

It seems in the past this group use to have an event in the summer as well so the famous Snake River running through the middle of Idaho Falls and other bodies of water close by could be sampled by those who participate in this sport. However, I honestly haven't kept up with these meetings.

If you go, I hope you have a great time. Take some time to enjoy yourself with new friends who share a common, growing interest. If you need any tips about the Idaho Falls area, please feel free to ask some of us who post here.

To anyone who goes to this event, your feedback would be welcome here. Some may be surprised to know new members do read through this thread and often send DMs about annual events.

Have fun, relax and enjoy the people, the sport and the location.

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 AM

445 posts, read 1,240,669 times
Thank you, MSR. I am the webmaster of a website about Idaho. Among other things, I list some of the local events that occur around the state. As an avid fly fisherman and a commercial fly tyer in my younger days, I always include this annual expo in Idaho Falls on the Local Events page. I have attended the event twice but, sadly, will be unable to go this year.

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 04-16-2009, 07:11 PM

4,941 posts, read 16,947,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
Thank you, MSR. I am the webmaster of a website about Idaho. Among other things, I list some of the local events that occur around the state. As an avid fly fisherman and a commercial fly tyer in my younger days, I always include this annual expo in Idaho Falls on the Local Events page. I have attended the event twice but, sadly, will be unable to go this year.

pimit2 (Bob)
Next time you can make you need to reach out and touch someone and we'll buy you a cuppa.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:53 AM

Lightbulb Idaho Falls 2009 Farmer's Market is OPEN

Just a reminder to those of us pre-occupied with other things (who isn't?). The 2009 Idaho Falls Farmer's Market opened last Sat. It will be open on Saturday's from now through Halloween.

It is held east of the river in the Key Bank Parking lot and extends from there. It starts at 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. rain or shine every Saturday.

Happy Shopping enjoying the crafts, the food and the entertainment from the Farmer's Market in Idaho Falls.

MSR

Old 05-07-2009, 03:02 AM

Question Idaho Falls Music Club Home Tour

I've been reminded that the Idaho Falls Music Club Home Tour is this Saturday (May 9). One of our local forumers who hasn't visited for quite a while, after relocating from the Seattle area and having a new baby - kind of busy currently, let me know that is how she and her husband found their home.

I know Chesbro Music has more information about it and probably a couple of other stores. Tickets are $10.00, I think. If you are looking to freshen up part of your house or have always wanted to see decorating tips from some houses, this may be an event for you to attend.

Unfortunately, I don't have a link. If anyone does have a URL, would you please post it?

The Music Club of Idaho Falls use to fund scholarships, host the Jr. Music Club and do other charitable events with the funds generated. I'm not sure what the plans are for the funds earned. However, if you are interested in these kind of visits/tours, I'd encourage you to get your ticket (s). I've had family members go many years and get some good ideas, especially from some of the residents who have moved to Idaho Falls and brought parts of their previous home with them in how they decorated their homes throughout the U.S. and U.K.

Enjoy it if you go..........

MSR

Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,915 times
i live in cali

Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Exclamation Titanic Artifact Display

An estimated 125 artifacts from the Titanic (yes, the real one, not a replica) are now on display at the Museum of Idaho. The Museum of Idaho

This world-class exhibit, which began today, shows artificats that have apparently been seen by more than 18 million people.

One more time, Major Props to the Museum of Idaho for landing such a great exhibit.

MSR

Old 05-19-2009, 10:50 PM

Cool Alive after Five Free Concerts Start on 5/27/09

Remember, Alive after Five starts next week on Wed. (5/27/09).

These weekly Civitan Plaza concerts are free of charge. Food, beverages, including beer, wine, soda and water etc. are available to purchase.

The concerts all start at 5:00 p.m. and last until 7:30 p.m.

For more information call: (208) 522-9195.

Enjoy, if you go.

MSR

Old 05-21-2009, 03:36 AM

Talking Expansion of Idaho Falls Greenbelt

Greenbelt Expansion in Idaho Falls:

Idaho Falls Greenbelt Expansion Project - KPVI NEWS 6: Pocatello, Idaho Falls-Weather, Sports, News-

More greenbelt for all to enjoy.

MSR

Old 05-24-2009, 07:50 AM

Thumbs up It Is Time for Beer Fest - 2009: Idaho Falls - NABA - on 06/02-06/06.

It's that time again.... "The North American Brewers' Association." has the Brewers' Beer Fest in Idaho Falls on June 6, 2009. Here is a link for the event, which becomes more popular and larger each year:

North American Brewers Association

Actual judging of the beers will occur in earlier days and awards presented prior to 06/06. See the links for more info.

More than 80 breweries, a food court, and live music. All proceeds go to great local chairities. And those who attend should either have a designated driver or stay at a hotel that runs a shuttle to and from Beer Fest. We like to keep this event safe.

For other details, this link is helpful: Mountain Brewers Beer Festival : visitidaho.org

Info on hotels and other amenities in the area are listed.

Good luck brewers, as they represent several states and the judges continue to be more challenged each year as these independent breweries enter their best products to compete.

Cheers

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls