U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 09:26 AM

4,923 posts, read 16,926,819 times

Advertisements

One of the extra kicks at Beer Fest will be a booth for the Snake River Animal Shelter which is in the works. You'll be able to get raffle tickets, t-shirts and see the plans for the building
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,247,285 times
Talking Please Add to Separate Beer Fest Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
One of the extra kicks at Beer Fest will be a booth for the Snake River Animal Shelter which is in the works. You'll be able to get raffle tickets, t-shirts and see the plans for the building
Cleosmom,

I'm glad to hear about the Snake River Animal Shelter being one of the recipients of this year's Beer Fest. You and I have talked a bit about what is planned, some of the major backers etc. However, I don't think most people even know what type of a project is planned for Idaho Falls.

To further the interest/cause, would you mind reposting what you wrote above, and perhaps a bit more (or if there is a link add it for the SRAS) on the indepent thread I started about the Beer Fest?

Some people do read this thread as we continue to add to it over the years. Others, just scan for the recently posted events as activities to consider. I'd like to make as many people aware of this event as possible as the proceeds help so many wonderful charities, plus people do enjoy themselves etc.

Thanks in advance for adding a little more to the Beer Fest thread.

MSR

Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 AM

Thumbs up Free Tennis Clinics; Expansion of Dates and Contents of Science/Math Camps

For those with kids, did you see the advertisement for the FREE tennis clinics to be held at various courts in Idaho Falls. Space is limited, as one would expect.

Also, it looks like the science and math days have extended into 4 different camps, during June and July. I'm happy to see the expansion of time and science/math topics. Talk about a great way to get kids interested in science and math, the camps focus on projects with results the campers can see during their time there. Nothing seems to increases interest as much as having something made or changed because of the work a camper did during his/her time at camp, from my POV.

Kuddos to all those involved! And as I mentioned once before, I think it is great the location has had to be changed to accomodate the growing number of kids who want to participate in these camps. And now to add the extra days - I say some organizers really know what they are doing. Excellent job to all of those involved.

MSR

Old 06-08-2009, 04:30 AM

Exclamation The War Bonnet Roundup is Cancelled for 2009!

This is the first time EVER the oldest rodeo in Idaho, The War Bonnet Roundup has been cancelled for 2009. What???

Citing the economic downturn and not wanting to place the sponsors in a position of the extra expense this year, the committee decided to cancel it.

It will resume in 2010.

War Bonnet Roundup cancelled for 2009 (http://www.rivercityweekly.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articl eid=239&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=17 - broken link)

The WBR is not an event I attend any longer; however, I always went with my family when I was growing up. I always knew when I had a birthday as the WBR was always held around that week. I'm sure some fans will miss it greatly as it is a "traditional" to Idaho Falls as Farr's Candy, the "Falls," the LDS Temple and many other landmarks and traditions for decades. It's an institution, one of the things that has been as solid as the lovely river and rolling hills. Even though I don't attend personally, I know many who do. I'm honestly very surprised with this decision.

However, I have to give credit to the planning committee to think of their sponsors bottom lines and if it means employees keep jobs over some additional sponsorship and/or advertising, I support their decision.

If you were planning on going, now see what other events will be occurring. Who knows, maybe some people will put on a smaller version that doesn't have the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association involved. Maybe this could be more of an "amatuer year," so-to-speak.

What ideas do YOU have that might help fill this void?

MSR

Old 06-18-2009, 02:08 AM

Cool River Rocks Plein Air Paint-Out in Idaho Falls

Cleosmom has already told us about the Paws for Claws event happening in Idaho Falls this Saturday. Additionally, there are a few other annual events happening this week.

The River Rocks Plein Air Paint-Out, started on Wed. 06/17 and continues through 06/19/09. The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho -- The River Rocks (http://www.theartmuseum.org/RiverRocks.htm - broken link)

If you are interested, but didn't realize the second annual event started on WED this year, registration is ongoing until there is no more space.

My understanding is winning paintings will be displayed this weekend (after Friday Night's Award) at Snake River Landing. This will be merging two events: River Rocks Painting and A Taste of Idaho.

It should be fun and hopefully great weather for these events. Have fun.

MSR

Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 AM

Talking Liberty Day Celebration in Idaho Falls (07/04/08)

The 4th of July will be here soon. Idaho Falls always has a huge celebration.

This is just a quick post of what the Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce is co-sponsoring: Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce

The activities sound fun and many are sponsored by other businesses. Some activities range from a mega slide, to inflatable Twister, to an Obstacle Course, Hot Dog Eating Contest and Battle of the Bands sponsored by Chesbro Music.

I want to clarify about the battle of the bands, as I was confused. There will be TWO in Idaho Falls this summer. The first is on 07/04/09 and is sponsored by Chesbro Music. The second Battle of the Bands is in Aug. when the Snake River Roaring Youth Jam is. The second is sponsored by Mike's Music and musical euipment will be given to the winners.

I wish there was a competition for the regional drum lines. It would be a way to get more schools to redogiae

These activities start after the parade at noon and end at 10:00 p.m. prior to the fireworks.

Have fun if you go.

MSR

Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 AM

Talking A Condensed Version of the 2008 Idaho Falls 4th of July Parade

I found this very condensed video of the 4th of July Parade in Idaho Falls last year: YouTube - Idaho Falls 2008 4th of July Parade

Kudos to the person or people who put this together!

While the fireworks at the huge event in Idaho Falls, it is nice to be able to see the parade.

Nice work!

MSR

Old 07-04-2009, 08:47 PM

Talking 100K to Fireworks.....

Happy Birthday America!

If one is in Idaho Falls and reading this, then you aren't with the estimated 100,000 people watching the fireworks tonight. So what's your excuse? Anti-social, working, sick, no running water so you can't be around others ('cuz you haven't cleaned up lately), reading this on a portable device or other?) What's my reason for not mingling with the crowd - quite a few? Most importantly, I've got a great view where I am. I don't need to be on the greenbelt.

But, I would like to read or see any any pics, vids, or other posts you have about the fireworks please.

Everyone have fun tonight and be safe.

MSR

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 PM

4,923 posts, read 16,926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Happy Birthday America!

If one is in Idaho Falls and reading this, then you aren't with the estimated 100,000 people watching the fireworks tonight. So what's your excuse? Anti-social, working, sick, no running water so you can't be around others ('cuz you haven't cleaned up lately), reading this on a portable device or other?) What's my reason for not mingling with the crowd - quite a few? Most importantly, I've got a great view where I am. I don't need to be on the greenbelt.

But, I would like to read or see any any pics, vids, or other posts you have about the fireworks please.

Everyone have fun tonight and be safe.

MSR
Well, the show is over, not that I went. I was celebrating with friends, one who is recent war veteran, can't think of a better way

Old 07-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Lightbulb I Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Well, the show is over, not that I went. I was celebrating with friends, one who is recent war veteran, can't think of a better way
I agree, cleosmom. Absolutely the point of my prior post.

Somehow my link from KIDK about the 100K to watch got lost. Oh well, it is fun to look for the videos locals are starting to post about this celebration each year.

Some of us need more quiet time than sharing with 100K of our closest friends. Others, are trying to figure out where they can still park when that number because 150K of their closest friends viewing the fireworks.

What always amazes me, is some of the best views of the fireworks are in the hills or other areas if one really wants to see them. One does NOT have to be front and center to see the show. Others don't like fireworks. I'm glad the Greenbelt and various downtown Idaho Falls seating are options, but I'm glad some of us don't think we have to fight our way to those spaces each and every year.

Oh, cleosmom, sometime YOU really should put a post in here about animals and fireworks. I know I have a prescription now, due to neighbors and their lighting of fireworks during summer, if needed for my girl. However, others either may never have thought about the impact to animals or had a veterinarian advise them to use medication, all factors considered.

Sounds like you had a good day. In the end, that is what is important, IMHO.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls