Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:42 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

It's already time to celebrate what crops have been grown in eastern ID and elsewhere.

This year Harvest Fest has a new home. It will be held at Snake River Landing from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

There is no admission cost. There are more activities than I can list. Some of my favorties looking through what will be offered are: Pet Costume Contest, Pumpkin Cookie Decorating, Chili Cook off and so many more. This is a direct link to review all the activites of that day:

IFHarvestFest

or

http://snakeriverlanding.com/news/wp...-fest-2009.jpg

Looks like fun. with little to no cost for individuals or families. Please post if you know anything more, or attended last year. I remember the weather was bad last year and it was held at Freeman Park, I believe.

If you go, have fun.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM

Thumbs up Cool New Addition to the Area for Entertainment

Idaho Falls area residents will have a unique new venue for concerts soon.

Check out this story - a old Sugar Factory turned into the Sugar Factory Event Center.

"Clint's family has even bigger plans for the Old sugar factory, eventually he wants to include a music academy where students can learn, practice and play."

" 'Next summer my plan is to be able to hold some outdoor concerts bring in some very big talent.' "

To read more -

Old Sugar Factory gets a center stage | KIDK CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Idaho Falls - Pocatello - Blackfoot, ID - Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Blackfoot - Idaho | Local & Regional (http://www.kidk.com/news/local/65095017.html - broken link)

Sounds like fun. MSR

Old 10-23-2009, 04:26 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,207 times
Don't miss the incredible haunted house at the Virginia Theater in Shelley!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:34 AM

Cool Shelley Does great things w the Virginia Theater for Halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Don't miss the incredible haunted house at the Virginia Theater in Shelley!
I hear it is as great as always. Thanks for reminding us, NCM!

MSR

Old 11-02-2009, 03:38 AM

Cool Idaho Falls Youth Arts Centre

"Annie," is the musical the Youth are performing on Nov. 6,7,9 and 10. The is a matinee on Saturday as well. It's good to see those youngsters who are talented in singing, acting and other areas of theater have the chance to shine early in their life.

Additional information including the cost can be obtained at the Colonial Theater. Their number is: (208) 522-0471.

Break a leg ( not really, but as the saying goes) to all those involved.

MSR

Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,853 times
We need some ideas for activities for fall and winter.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:40 PM

Question There is a Tremendous amount of Annual Activities in this thread, Check Local Websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazychica View Post
We need some ideas for activities for fall and winter.
Crazychica,

Have you gone through this thread? Many posts are about annual events.

What ages? Have you searched the local websites for what is going on? Between the television stations, newspapers and calendar at IdahoFallsMagazine.Com, I find it confusing you can't find ideas for activities.

Let us know what you find so you can contribute here and help others with ideas you find will work for you.

MSR

Old 11-12-2009, 04:17 AM

Cool Idaho Falls Ski Club - Annual Ski Sale

Annual Idaho Falls Ski Club annual big sale starts tomorrow. Regardless of what year you may read this, if you follow up with the Idaho Falls Ski Club, you will know where they are holding their event. Used equipment can be sold and more.

Here is their link. I hope those who want to find new ski gear (or gently used) are able to do so at the annual event. It's a GREAT WAY to meet a lot of people you may never have met before who enjoy activities the same as you.

Idaho Falls Ski Club Home Page

Have a great time if you go.

MSR

Old 11-24-2009, 12:21 PM

22 posts, read 71,482 times
Thank MSR, lots of good info in this thread. I haven't begun to check it all out but I'm glad you posted the Ski page. I was curious about some of the slopes in our area and found a map of the area and directions on how to get to Grand Targee. Very nice indeed. My bro knows about Yellowstone but probably not the other ski areas and stuff. Trying to get them to come over for more visits and since he likes to snowboard, this might push him over the edge. Excellent way to learn more about home.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Lightbulb Always good to have more Information for others to read.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut96 View Post
Thank MSR, lots of good info in this thread. I haven't begun to check it all out but I'm glad you posted the Ski page. I was curious about some of the slopes in our area and found a map of the area and directions on how to get to Grand Targee. Very nice indeed. My bro knows about Yellowstone but probably not the other ski areas and stuff. Trying to get them to come over for more visits and since he likes to snowboard, this might push him over the edge. Excellent way to learn more about home.
You are welcome wingnut96. GLAD to have you here.

I hope you and everyone else will all have a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls