U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 AM

25,746 posts, read 17,180,767 times

Advertisements

Idaho Falls sure has a ton of fast food joints. A lot of them are competing with local operations, and the locals seem to be holding their own against the national chains, I think.

CFA is very well positioned, and their service is fast and fluid. The food's good, too, so I'm sure they do well and will continue for a long time to come.
Carl Jr.'s was very savvy when it moved into town; they bought 2 excellent sites; one was a failed Gandolfini's Deli, and the other was a razed former gas station across town. They are doing very well at both- the first, where Gandolfini's was, is right in front of the big mall, and the other has very high traffic from 2 directions. Their food is also very good.

But others are struggling. With so much fast food available in all the major locations east of the river, I tend to think any new chain that moves in would do well to take a very careful look around. The west side of town is now rapidly developing after being ignored far too long by the national chains, and while business might be slow now for a new chain who builds there, in 5 years the biz could be gangbusters.

5 Guys is smart; they always buy local spuds in their location here, and that's a big deal for the locals.

There are several Utah chains that are moving in, and they seem to be doing well. Utah companies understand that what works in Utah will work in Idaho, and that's an advantage. So far, those chains aren't hamburger and fries places- they are more Utah-Mex fast food, sandwiches and smoothies, and pizza buffet places.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,472,783 times
And Carls Jr. is expected to go in at the old Arctic Circle space on Broadway. So that will make three in I.F.

As for CFA, I notice they also are in Twin, as well as I.F. But no Pocatello. Still don't quite get that. Perhas no suitable franchisees.

My In-n-Out reference was tongue in cheek, mostly. Almost every fast food thread in any region has to mention In-n-Out!
But, I was half serious in that now that they have several locations in the Salt Lake City area, it wouldn't be a stretch to expand into southern Idaho...double double animal syle, please.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:24 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,947,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedizzy24 View Post
Just wondering if any residents from Ammon and Idaho Falls were familiar with the restaurant Chick-fil-a? It was founded in Atlanta, GA and is quickly moving west with stores in CA, Utah, Arizona, and Colorado. Any thoughts on how a CFA would do in Idaho? Any thoughts relating to a CFA in Ammon would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are looking at a possible store there. Thanks so much
Hey Nate,

If you or your wife ever check in here again give us an update of what it was like to open CFA in Bonneville County. I've heard some really great comments about how your wife, I believe, manages the store.

If you don't see this and respond in a few weeks, I'll try to introduce myself and ask you to update CDF. A lot of people have watched your store and been impressed.

It seems you somehow you have had the chance to meet and get to know some of my immediate family. We may both end up at an event later in July that involves one of my relatives.

I've heard second hand what you think of the area, the employee pool etc. However, it would be great to get you to write a few of your thoughts for others to read.

Wishing you continued success and hoping we meet in a few weeks.

MSR

Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,472,783 times
Chic-fil-a does one thing very well, besides Chicken. They keep the line moving, borrowing from CA's In-an-Out by taking orders before you get to the speaker.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,947,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Chic-fil-a does one thing very well, besides Chicken. They keep the line moving, borrowing from CA's In-an-Out by taking orders before you get to the speaker.
Good management always helps the success of any business.

Start a petition or whatever you need for "In-an-Out." and ask us all to sign. I want to see an "In and Out." Idaho Falls mostly for you and others who really want it. Find out how to make this a reality then ask us to help

MSR

Old 07-03-2014, 06:19 PM

42 posts, read 96,627 times
Default Msr

Hey it's nate and I know it's been forever! Getting back in the swing of checking in! Would just like to say thanks for all of the local support we get! My wife and I love living in IF and look forward to growing our business here for years to come! Feel free to stop in and see me any time! Nate Mosteller

Old 07-03-2014, 06:21 PM

42 posts, read 96,627 times
Oh and if anyone wants a free meal, "cow appreciation day" is next Friday. Details will be on CFA's website and our fb page! It's a fun day!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:30 AM

4,755 posts, read 16,572,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedizzy24 View Post
Hey it's nate and I know it's been forever! Getting back in the swing of checking in! Would just like to say thanks for all of the local support we get! My wife and I love living in IF and look forward to growing our business here for years to come! Feel free to stop in and see me any time! Nate Mosteller
Nate, I have to say that CFA has never let me down to date

In fact, one of your sales team had stopped out to where I formerly worked and we participated in the cookie drive earlier this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls