U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 PM

879 posts, read 2,615,435 times

Advertisements

CFA is expensive but the food is fairly good. Their employees are fairly nice, at least down here in SoCal. Which is nice since sometimes getting a "hello" is hard to come by. They also close on Sundays and are know for their religious ties.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,469,182 times
Nice to see Chick Fil A and Buffalo Wild Wings coming into the market. Yes, they are chains, but they are pretty high quality chains and any new employment is a good thing! Still waiting for Carls Jr. (likely), and "In-n-Out", (not likely).

Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 PM

7,701 posts, read 13,606,571 times
I've eaten in them several times in Ga and Fla. I only get a grilled chicken sandwich though and it was very good. Don't know about the rest of their food. I haven't been to them in several years. Chick-fil-A is choosy about where they will open stores, and recently has been getting verbal about its policies and politics. I know they will not open stores in Portland.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I've eaten in them several times in Ga and Fla. I only get a grilled chicken sandwich though and it was very good. Don't know about the rest of their food. I haven't been to them in several years. Chick-fil-A is choosy about where they will open stores, and recently has been getting verbal about its policies and politics. I know they will not open stores in Portland.
True, but I have not read anything about certain denominations. They have expanded into Utah, so obviously LDS is not an issue for them, as they're also planning E. Idaho. Nothing wrong with that, they have every right to operate their business how they please.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,713,264 times
CFA makes a very good product. Their chicken is a finer quality than most and is prepared and cooked in a healthier manner than most other fast food organizations. Their wafffle fries are wonderful as is their freshly squeezed lemonade. They are a bit unique in some ways which is a good thing. Overall a excellent organization. Never had a bad meal from them yet.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,660 times
Default Bring on the Chick-fil-a

This would be an excellent addition to the Idaho Falls restaurants. The only other Chicken place is really KFC and this is not the best one I have been to.

Hitt Road would be an okay place. 17th street or Broadway would be good to. Another fact about Chick fil a is that they are closed on Sunday. Idaho Falls and this area has a very large LDS population who normally do not go out to eat on Sunday so this would work out well for the restaurant (less people unhappy that they are not open on Sunday).

My family would love to be the first in line at your grand opening.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 PM

I think things are about to pop with Chick-fil-a and Carl's Jr. I would expect to see both open by the end of summer. Locations? That is the mystery at this point. As for In-n-Out, their expansion into Utah is encouraging, but probably more experimental than the start of further expansion. Just a hunch. However, SLC stores could certainly bring in E. Idaho from a geographic/transportation standpoint. I see In-in-Out as a western states franchise (including Texas, where many are about to open), in the next decade.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:10 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,942,872 times
I'd look for a Kneaders in Idaho Falls next. No data to support my statement, I've only seen the requests.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,942,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
True, but I have not read anything about certain denominations. They have expanded into Utah, so obviously LDS is not an issue for them, as they're also planning E. Idaho. Nothing wrong with that, they have every right to operate their business how they please.

LDS are probably their best customers in Utah. Got to agree with you pw72, private businesses are just that. Those who take the risk and put up the $ for a business are the ones who decide HOW to run their business and their policies.

There was a day when it was easy for me to go to CFA DRIVE THRU, but when my routes to work changed, I made no effort to go back. Kind of like what Cleosmom wrote earlier. I don't think I'm a chicken person as I can't remember when I last had KFC etc.

And what was odd to me about CFA is they were heavily into the malls (inside) in Utah a few years ago, then they were suddenly gone. Perhaps a change at corp of what type of stores they wanted vs. renting high rental mall property; however, absolutely horrible PR so customers knew they would return. Slowly, a few new stores with drive thrus started to emerge.

Just curious Nate, if you're still reading, and others, about one thing. I think it's wonderful to have local perspective. Some questions I read (not saying this is one of them), but with some questions I read, I wonder if the potential owner has studied the demographics in much detail. That info is so clear be it age, income, family size etc. with the 1 mile radius, the 3 mile radius and 5 mile radius, I sometimes wonder if potential new businesses study that info.

And if the location does well in Ammon, PLEASE expand to the West Side. There is a shortage of options on the west side of Idaho Falls. With Areva coming, those who get their property now and built will be ahead of others who want to expand to Idaho Falls, IMHO.

Good for Nate and anyone else who opens a new business

Wishing you the very best in your new venture.

MSR

Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 PM

634 posts, read 2,163,296 times
Is Kneaders similar to Panera/St. Louis Bread Co.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls