U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 AM

25,752 posts, read 17,196,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I think that eventually, US 26 between IF and Ririe will have overpasses at all the necessary points much like US 20 between IF and Rexburg. The urban portion just east of IF I think is ok up until the State Route 43 (Ammon Road) intersection. I think possibly we will see a rebuild of that well into the future, say 15-20 years. After that I would imagine overpasses at Crowley Road, Iona North Road, and two or maybe three more beyond that point. The stretch after Ririe I don't believe is as much of a problem. It seems that most of the accidents you mention are well within the urban portion.

I would like to talk to the Sheriff's office about that road some time. There are a lot of accidents in the Milo area, east of the Iona north road, but I honestly do't know the area the most accident occur, if there are any.

I drove that stretch I mentioned a lot when I was younger, especially during harvest, when I would make a trip on it 4 times a day. But that was a long time ago... I drove over some of it just last Tuesday, and the road is still very much the same as it was decades ago.

I was glad you brought this up, because I've spent the past few days thinking about what changed and what didn't since then.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,476,072 times
Quote:
The reason I added US26 to Ririe is there have been a lot of accidents, and unfortunetly quite a few were fatal. There is a lot of traffic on that highway, and quite a bit during the summer. To widen through the "urban" area was a great investment.

The whole reason for the US 20 overpasses at Hitt and St Leon were also due to safety for one, but soon (no real timeline) both areas will be developed. Call it planning for yours needs I suppose.

The interchange at Sunnyside was unfortunately, like most other developments in Idaho Falls were stopped in their tracks due to the economic struggle known as the Great Recession. As things start to look up, Sunnyside Road near Exit 116 will develop. Just wait for the events center, things will progress.

Pancheri may not lead anywhere to the west yet. As for now, Pancheri does help people on the Westside get to the eastside and creates a nice thouroughfare away from Broadway and US 20.

If Idaho Falls can make an easier and more accesible route from Pancheri to Sunnyside, that will create a nice loop so to speak around the downtown core and the greenbelt.
IF guy, just wondering, did I see you on the local news (KIDK, KIFI, one in the same these days) this evening? I saw a screen shot that said "Idaho Falls Guy". If so, just confirm or deny...I won't share anything more! Sorry, I am naturally curious...

Old 06-02-2012, 10:58 AM

382 posts, read 407,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
IF guy, just wondering, did I see you on the local news (KIDK, KIFI, one in the same these days) this evening? I saw a screen shot that said "Idaho Falls Guy". If so, just confirm or deny...I won't share anything more! Sorry, I am naturally curious...
I don't believe so. What was the story about?

Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I don't believe so. What was the story about?
Apparently not you, just a coincidence...and I guess he spells IFguy differently than you do. Never mind.

Idaho Falls Official Facebook Page Goes Live - Local News Story - KIFI Idaho Falls

Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM

The Memorial Drive project has been givin the green light and the bid has been awarded to H&K and will begin on July 9th. Can't wait to see what they do with this and what it might do to help downtown as far as redevelopment goes.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 AM

Big delays and detours on the Pancheri overpass project today. This project is bigger than most expect. The new overpass will be a huge upgrade, but there will be some major delays from now until next summer. The result will be very impressive, I expect.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM

25,752 posts, read 17,196,703 times
Quote:
Big delays and detours on the Pancheri overpass project today. This project is bigger than most expect. The new overpass will be a huge upgrade, but there will be some major delays from now until next summer. The result will be very impressive, I expect.
The upgrade was very long overdue, so delays are bound to happen. I'm just glad the work is being done!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Looking forward to see how they tie in Snake River Landing and Taylor Crossing. It might help spur more development nearby.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Looking forward to see how they tie in Snake River Landing and Taylor Crossing. It might help spur more development nearby.
Yes, indeed. Taylor Crossing is struggling, and most use the road through the development as a thru route to get to Wal-Mart or Broadway. Atleast you get a passing view of the center fountain.

Snake River Landing seems to have more potential, IMO, but development there is also slow. They really need to expand on the residential, if that can grow then retail will follow. The new Pancheri corridor should help with all of the above. I also will be interested to see if there is any business potential west of the new overpass.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yes, indeed. Taylor Crossing is struggling, and most use the road through the development as a thru route to get to Wal-Mart or Broadway. Atleast you get a passing view of the center fountain.

Snake River Landing seems to have more potential, IMO, but development there is also slow. They really need to expand on the residential, if that can grow then retail will follow. The new Pancheri corridor should help with all of the above. I also will be interested to see if there is any business potential west of the new overpass.
I can see that field west of I-15 being developed soon. It seems like it could be a great mixed use development. More than likely apartments and light commercial usage. With the events center hopefully beginning construction next year, any property in close proximity should be in great demand. Another thing to think about is where Costco decides to build. If they indeed choose Snake River Landing the entire area should begin to fill in. I still believe Costco is going to Snake River Landing as I believe the potential of the area is greater than that of Hitt Road. I know I'm going against all logic with that statement, however if you look at the amount of development potential from Broadway all the way south of Sunnyside on either side of the Snake River, you'll see where I'm coming from. I would almost stretch that boundry to include downtown yet it seems to be redeveloping just fine on it's own.

On a weird and somewhat unrelated note, I have heard that Rexburg has approved for a Costco to be built in 2014. If this is true I would have to wonder why we haven't heard of this in the media.

I honestly believe Idaho Falls and the greater area is coming upon another great "build out". This year is a year of investment in infrastructure and I think we should start hearing of some new developments later this summer and through the remainder of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls