Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,371,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
On another subject, I noted the old ag building across from the former KIDK on 17th has been torn down. Is this the old Wells drilling site? If so, "Idaho Falls Projects" reports a specialty grocery. Hmm. Whole Foods? Anyone know what is going in there? T

The old KIDK property is still for sale according to signage.
I don't know about a whole foods. The only 300k permit was for an restaurant which wasn't named. Whatever it is, I'm just glad to see construction starting again.

When Melaleuca moves all their 3,300 employees to their new campus there will be some vacant blogs downtown. I say tear a few down close to Memorial Dr. for parking. What does everyone else think?

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
On another subject, I noted the old ag building across from the former KIDK on 17th has been torn down. Is this the old Wells drilling site? If so, "Idaho Falls Projects" reports a specialty grocery. Hmm. Whole Foods? Anyone know what is going in there? T

The old KIDK property is still for sale according to signage.
Oops wrong one. Oh well.

I checked IF Projects, written by IF Guy, and Biz MoJo by Paul Mensed.

No, the property I'm talking about is at Jeppson and much closer to KIDK.

It was originally a building for 3 Orthopedic Surgeons. Over the years it has had dentists. possibly a chiropractor or Podiatrist. It's on the south side of 17th street. There would 't be enough room for the 16 000 ft. Bldg let alone parking.

The Former KIDK Bldg area could be a nice area for a big box or at least medium box store with lots of parking.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:43 PM

I can absolutely be the first one to admit when I'm wrong. Per the Post Register, a $1.7 Million permit for Natural Foods or whatever it is called was issued for 1260 E. 17th Street. Maybe Andrews was key to have ample parking as there wouldn't be otherwise.

And nice to see the Northgate Mile McDonald's is getting a $600K remodel! I hope it's like the one on 25th Street .

Prior to any of these bldg permits the City of Idaho Falls had already surpassed bldg permits through Oct. 2012. That fact is what makes me the happiest. Construction is showing Recovery! Other businesses will follow.

MSR

Old 06-25-2013, 10:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,605,797 times
The new chain across from the old KIDK building will be this chain:

Natural Grocers | Your Real Natural Grocery Store

Apparently big in Colorado, with other western locations.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM

Also, some work seems to be occuring on the old KIDK building on the northside of 17th. Couldn't get a good look at it going 40 mph, but it appears either a remodel or tear down. Couldn't tell. A remodel would seem odd, but who knows?

All of a sudden, this "dead-zone" seems poised to become an integral part of 17th. (I know, most care only that the Baskin-Robbins isn't in danger!)

Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Also, some work seems to be occuring on the old KIDK building on the northside of 17th. Couldn't get a good look at it going 40 mph, but it appears either a remodel or tear down. Couldn't tell. A remodel would seem odd, but who knows?

All of a sudden, this "dead-zone" seems poised to become an integral part of 17th. (I know, most care only that the Baskin-Robbins isn't in danger!)
It's going to be cheaper than property closer to the Mall/Ammon.

Yah, originally that's the place I thought the grocery store was going given the bigger space. Is the for sale or for lease sign still there ( I can't remember which)?

Well, we all thought we were on the verge of thinks taking off.

MSR

Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 PM

It's a remodel and it will be sign store. Hmm. Probably a short-term lease, but I don't know for sure.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It's a remodel and it will be sign store. Hmm. Probably a short-term lease, but I don't know for sure.
At least part is a sign business named, "I F Signs."

I don't know if they are using the entire bldg or not. I think 3 of the eastern doors were painted the same color or something. I'd still rather have any business in a vacant bldg. and another "for lease or sale sign down." Every business that occupies a vacant bldg makes an area more secure, usually is providing jobs and will increase traffic on 17th street even more.

MSR

Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 PM

Yeah, this looks like a short-term lease at probably a good deal. I wouldn't expect IF Signs to be there very long, however. That building was built to be a broadcast facility. The land is probably worth more than the building. OK, not probably, but likely.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:56 PM

385 posts, read 522,354 times
has there ever been discussion about Cracker Barrel in Idaho Falls? I'm shocked there's not one here. I think they'd make a killing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls