U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 05:50 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,823,639 times

Advertisements

I had to go to Office Depot today. I was surprised to see construction workers west of Radio Shack in the old Lamont's building. I saw the new Center for Hope sign, but it was further west and separate. This building had pinecrestevents.com on it. So I checked it out.

Maybe this is what you were referencing a while ago, Theotherdude, IDK, when you were asking about workers in that general area.

This is interesting as it looks like a facility to compete with or replace Kingston Plaza and the shows Kingston has had. They have several events booked into 2017. This has been a while in coming. Jay Dye was a long time employee of Idaho Falls Magazine. He has a lot of contacts and community good will.

Check it out : Home

I know that is different than the website I mentioned, but it turns into this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 06:58 PM

418 posts, read 299,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I had to go to Office Depot today. I was surprised to see construction workers west of Radio Shack in the old Lamont's building. I saw the new Center for Hope sign, but it was further west and separate. This building had pinecrestevents.com on it. So I checked it out.

Maybe this is what you were referencing a while ago, Theotherdude, IDK, when you were asking about workers in that general area.

This is interesting as it looks like a facility to compete with or replace Kingston Plaza and the shows Kingston has had. They have several events booked into 2017. This has been a while in coming. Jay Dye was a long time employee of Idaho Falls Magazine. He has a lot of contacts and community good will.

Check it out : Home

I know that is different than the website I mentioned, but it turns into this.
Um no, that's in the same area I referred to but that's on a completely different block. I've been searching for clues. I was probably wrong about Chase Bank but there are strong indications that a tenant is moving into that space. I have also seen a trash can over there that belonged to Grand Teton Mall.

It sounds like you are talking about a space on the same block as the current Fred Meyer. (Speaking of Fred Meyer, found out today they are expanding their Pocatello store. Meaning it's highly likely they got something going on in IF.)

Old 06-07-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Um no, that's in the same area I referred to but that's on a completely different block. I've been searching for clues. I was probably wrong about Chase Bank but there are strong indications that a tenant is moving into that space. I have also seen a trash can over there that belonged to Grand Teton Mall.

It sounds like you are talking about a space on the same block as the current Fred Meyer. (Speaking of Fred Meyer, found out today they are expanding their Pocatello store. Meaning it's highly likely they got something going on in IF.)
Yes, it is at the extreme west of the Fred Meyer buildings. I meant to write Office Max. I still miss Office Depot!!

It will be interesting to see if Kingston Plaza now develops into something else with Pinecrest Events in the mix.

I thought you were talking about north of E. Anderson, Theotherdude. As I wrote earlier all I know for that area is the 5th Java Express. But I do know that Steve Kiem, who owns all the businesses in that old "Yellowstone Mall," has spent over $300,000.00 updating the former Albertsons part (closest to E. Anderson.).

Old 06-07-2016, 11:02 PM

Default A Mystery Partly Solved (after a year)

Some of us have been following the project on N. Woodruff with a lot of interest. The plans became more complicated as a second party bought this ERDA property. While I don't have any idea how much will be commercial vs. planned unit housing, here is the first business.

But for now......we know there will be a new KIA dealership built east of Woodruff and approximately across the street from Stone's KIA's current location. It will be much larger. There are a lot of references to it. This pic proves that area we've spent so much time wondering about is indeed the spot. Wow, they plan to move in June.... not sure about that.....

https://m.facebook.com/StonesKia/pho...pe=3&source=54

http://www.onenewspage.com/video/201...daho-Falls.htm

Partial mystery solved

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 06-07-2016 at 11:12 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 04:04 AM

91 posts, read 59,614 times
Quote:
Wow, they plan to move in June.... not sure about that...
The press release says they hope to break ground in June...they hope to move in March 2017.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:53 PM

A few quick things.

1. Reportedly, two additional hotels are looking at Idaho Falls. IDK if that includes the new one in Ammon, I don't think so. Perhaps one or two might be at JHJ. Or maybe it was a Freudian slip about a Marriott Courtyard posted about a page ago.

2. There are ~ 2,000 hotel rooms in I.F./Ammon. They are booking at 100% again this summer. They tend to be 80% full year round. Almost 2,000 jobs are created by the tourists here. Weddings will start to book space again after the Temple remodel is finished. I think that is roughly Sept. -Oct.

3. Idaho Business Review is reporting today the Events Center will start construction in 2017. The design is slightly different. Permanent seats will be 4,000 not 5,000 as originally planned. Concert seating will accommodate 6,500. I'm assuming they can always add a higher level WHEN the need arises. I know the Hockey team wants to start ASAP. Also, I read maybe just wishful thinking, but the I.F. teenage Ice Hockey rink needs more ice. Talk about a sport that the teens love! So I know some are hoping the Teen Hockey could eventually share some ice time too (for a fee, of course). It's time to build, IMO.

If anyone subscribes to IBR, will you please post this story? I don't subscribe.

This teaser was also on the news yesterday:

http://www.localnews8.com/news/New-I...pdate/39966322

That will do it for now. What do you think about this info

Old 06-09-2016, 05:36 PM

Here's the brief blurb in the IBR. Apparently, the Event Center will take about a year to build.

Idaho Falls plans to start building an events center in 2017 | Idaho Business Review

Old 06-09-2016, 08:22 PM

418 posts, read 299,035 times
Quote:
Here's the brief blurb in the IBR. Apparently, the Event Center will take about a year to build.

Idaho Falls plans to start building an events center in 2017 | Idaho Business Review

I hope that's true. I'm not holding my breath though.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I hope that's true. I'm not holding my breath though.
This is the one time I'd count the days. Let me pose a question to you and let me know what you think.

Chris might let us know what he thinks too

We all know Ball Ventures lets new businesses make their own announcements, so no, I don't have a business name, although I have guesses. I've been noticing some subtle changes on the east side of Snake River Parkway. Some are where I believe Condos or Townhomes were going to be (and may still be planned for the area) by the pond of water. However, I'm referring to the area east of the Events Center. Some say a new commercial plan for that area might be coming in a few months.

What I do know is a business is waiting to get all the annexation, plotting and any other whistles and bells needed so the business can proceed with the property.

What are the odds of the first business of an updated commercial plan for that area would just happen to be waiting to proceed currently, until all the platting and anything else special is done? Meanwhile Idaho Business Review prints yesterday 2017 is the start date on the Events Center? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:42 PM

24,597 posts, read 16,561,656 times
A coincidence with a little private pushing behind it can still be coincidence.

Convergence of interests has never been only a matter of random chance or blind luck. In the business world, finding those convergences gets a person titled "A Man of Vision".

There's another old business saying: Timing is everything. The Events Center didn't just spring up like a spring daisy. There were civic groups who were trying to get the thing built back in 1995 or earlier.

Back then, one group was looking at property just north of Hwy. 20, another outskirt that was in the city limits. Since I was never a member, I don't know what happened, but I don't believe the final choice had a lot of influence at the time from the Balls. For sure, if influence played a part in the decision, there were lots of developers involve in the decision, each in some conflict with the other.

Given the Ball family's track record of successes, I tend to believe that if the Balls had major influence in the choice of location, the Events Center would have been built and up and running several years ago. They don't mess around once they make a decision, and they have a very good sense of timing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or