U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,340,384 times

Advertisements

I know they are popular in Utah. So I agree. Finding the right location would be the key. How about exit 116 near the Sleep Inn? I know there is land and buildings available there, plus excellent freeway access.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 PM

385 posts, read 433,668 times
want to go in on a franchise? (assuming they franchise)

we're off a major interstate. between the travelers and the hundreds of thousands of people who live within a one-hour radius, I think they'd do extremely well. CB is insanely popular back East

Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post

we're off a major interstate. between the travelers and the hundreds of thousands of people who live within a one-hour radius, I think they'd do extremely well. CB is insanely popular back East
haha, yeah I would and could but would need much more information. I suppose I could look it up on the Internet, but too lazy tonight on the 4th eve.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:17 PM

I would and could as well. Keep me in mind

Nevermind. I found out they're all company owned. No franchises

Last edited by tmp4; 07-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: d

Old 07-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Yeah, even in my laziness I discovered the same. How about In-n-Out? They have not indicated any Idaho expansion, but they tend to keep that quiet. Idaho is a legitiment location for expansion since they have established themselves in Utah.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 PM

I have a feeling that I.F. is going to grow leaps and bounds over the next 5-10 years. These regional and national chains will flock soon

Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,807,228 times
Quote:
has there ever been discussion about Cracker Barrel in Idaho Falls? I'm shocked there's not one here. I think they'd make a killing!
Yes, tmp4, but not for a long time and mostly elsewhere. Perhaps it's time to crank it up here and also contact the company directly. It was one of the casualties of the downturn in the economy. Plus some were arguing for Pocatello at the time. I think CFA has proven between INL, BYU-I and expanding businesses in Idaho Falls a lot of us like food originally from the south.

Please list some of your favorite things you've found in your time in Idaho Falls. Some of those currently moving or moving in the next 4-6 weeks could benefit from your newer perspective.

Thanks!

MSR

Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Go for it! Get them back out here looking at I. F. They have visited before now there are more people living and visiting the area.

The exit suggestion is good. FEIW, they were looking more north at the time. They want Jackson and Yellowstone business. I don't know that they even factored BYU -Idaho in as well. Between students from the south and the missionaries who served in the south, that is an additional group of customers. Since Cracker Barrell doesn't serve alcohol, they would be a strong family, tourist, trucker and local addition.

I'm trying to think where in UT they are besides Syracuse/Layton by Hill AFB; West Valley City by the Maverick Center, which also at tracks a lot of truckers and is close to the SLC International Airport and all those motels/ hotels; and Springville, close to BYU- Utah. I can't remember if they built in St. George or not.

From UT we can learn: 1. Positioning by military bases or lots of tourists who are brand loyal, 2. Close to freeways with several hotels/ motels that accommodate tourists and truckers. From southern states where I've seen and eaten at, I don't know that they focus on events centers per say vs. the number of hotel rooms in the area.

Cracker Barrel's last visit to IF was prior to any work being done at SRL. Let's contact them to get them back out to reassess the area!

MSR

Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 PM

I love breakfast at the Exxon station.

I really like how you can find just about everything you'd ever need -- mall, hotels, grocery, gas, food, electronics, furniture, music, golf, parks, hospital -- within a 3 block span off Hitt. So glad I chose Ammon. It feels like a big city within a small town.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Yeah, this looks like a short-term lease at probably a good deal. I wouldn't expect IF Signs to be there very long, however. That building was built to be a broadcast facility. The land is probably worth more than the building. OK, not probably, but likely.
Your point is well taken, ow. Who knows, maybe the group who bought the Blacked-out Poky TV station will want to add stations and need an IF location.

I'm not suggesting anything illegal or improper when I write what I will write. Something just doesn't fit for me about IF Signs and that bldg. first, the sign looked like something even I could draw, 2. The sign companies don't usually locate on streets like 17th.

I'd wonder if I F Sign is a sister or break off company from something like RED? I wonder if a business is adding facilities to film shows, commercials or videos for a new part of their business.

Prospectus said Melaleuca will have it's own food facilities and an auditorium which can seat something like 600. I'd wonder more about a company who may start shooting more media ads for companies, but I don't know. Maybe Harris publishing is expanding and going to have studios for their work. Just my 2 cents.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or