Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 02:43 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I think I'll post about one upcoming project here and now because I might not be able to post later when it is announced. The Community Council of Idaho has been operating in Idaho Falls since about 2006. The main purpose expanding to Idaho Falls was to open a bi-lingual health clinic where no one was turned away. Patients are seen on a sliding fee scale.

From that beginning in a very large medical office, the services and need has grown. This clinic staffs two satellite clinics: one in Blackfoot and one in Roberts.

This year the Community Council of Idaho applied for a received a million dollar grant. They have already had their RFPs for builders/contractors to apply to build a new clinic.

The clinic will be larger, host the same services and maybe some others, IDK. This clinic is for anyone who needs care. The new building will be close to other EICAP programs and locations, such as Headstart. The clinic will also be close to the east side of EITC. The address is on Alan Street. There is a lot of ground from Hoopes to Ashment. IDK if the new clinic will be closest to the east or west. It will be a good fill in, close to many student apartments and EITC. This will be a good addition, IMO, as that location is actually much closer for several young families than the current one on 25th St.

I would look for a spring start date, but who knows for sure.

Community Family Clinic
And update from a year ago. The Community Council Family Clinic has finally fenced off the area for the new building. This is a bilingual clinic that sees all patients regardless of ability to pay. Patients of all ages will be seen here. These are the basic renderings and info:

CFC

I encourage you to click on other pages from the link. As so many cannot afford health insurance or cash for doctor's appointments, this is a huge resource for the area. It will actually bring more business into the area. Most patients can avoid hospitalizations or repeated ones if access to primary care is available.

There will be a shovel breaking ceremony as this is a big deal to get the $1 million award. Also, at the bottom of that link the Community Council announced a partnership with EIRMC to start a Family Medicine Residency in Idaho Falls. Other sources say seven residents/year. This will help tremendously getting more primary care docs in small communities such as Arco, more for Salmon, Driggs and the Idaho Falls - Rexburg area. It's not where a physician attends medical school, it's where they complete their training, such as a Residency. Over 50% will stay in the area. Repeated studies have shown this. The odds are high that many will be from E. Idaho, W. Wyoming and S. Montana who want to return to the area.

So this is a win-win in every way possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 04:48 PM

84 posts, read 52,530 times
Does anyone know what is being built at Snake River Landing east and northeast of the lake? The amount of work going on in that area is nearly as large as everything that has already been built in Snake River Landing. I believe the first building will be a new restaurant, over 9,000 sq ft. We should be hearing about big plans for this area very soon.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:31 PM

432 posts, read 533,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoing View Post
Does anyone know what is being built at Snake River Landing east and northeast of the lake? The amount of work going on in that area is nearly as large as everything that has already been built in Snake River Landing. I believe the first building will be a new restaurant, over 9,000 sq ft. We should be hearing about big plans for this area very soon.
I watched quite a few city council and planning committee videos on the city website to try and dig something up, not much to give...I can say that they are building a road back there for a tenant but no names or any other plans. I agree it's gonna be big and as I see it that would be a fantastic area for homes, condos or apartments as well as retail and restaurants.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:27 PM

434 posts, read 417,031 times
The site you mention started kinda small and has grown in size lately. There is an excavator up on the hill now (which i didnt think that was even a part of the SRL development). I seen that on the opposite side of Snake River Parkway, they also have cleared vegetation where Events Center Drive will be. It doesn't look as if work has begun on the bridge crossing the Porter Canal yet though. It looks like they have plans for the near future for that northwest corner as well. There are grade stakes and there was a drilling rig on site a few weeks ago.

You can Google Snake River Landing for images and there was an artist's rendering of what looked like four or five story housing buildings. It may not even be related to SRL or even IF at all.

Last edited by Theotherdude; 11-20-2016 at 09:39 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 10:28 AM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
a 9,000 square foot restaurant?? certainly sounds like Cracker Barrel to me!

Old 11-21-2016, 05:49 PM

84 posts, read 52,530 times
I'm not certain its a restaurant, but I know they are going to great lengths to keep this a secret. Its is definitely a unique and interesting project with an odd layout.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:34 PM

432 posts, read 533,944 times
I wish all the developers would just post here what was going on. I wouldn't tell a soul.��

Old 11-22-2016, 11:34 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
Yes please!!!

Old 11-23-2016, 11:44 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
Not on the River. I'd love one too but they always locate close to interstate exits. Jackson Hole Junction or even Sunnyside where their sign can be seen far enough for tourists to turn off. Even Hitt Road by the exit from 20. Would get YNP, Jackson Hole, BYU-I traffic and customers too. I've never seen a Cracker Barrel more than 1/4 of a mile or maybe a 1/2 mile away from a major exit.

Plus Cracker Barrel likes to accommodate buses. Has to be closer to the major road exits, IMO.

I'd say hotel or a 4-5 story Condo building(s) in SRL. I'm not sure what type of soil is there and how tall of a building could be built. But a hotel and/or living units could have a riverside view and a marina for water activities.

And yes, this one is very quiet!! I'm not sure how come. Maybe the first Marina access in Idaho Falls? We know two other branded hotels were looking earlier this year for sites to build.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Not on the River. I'd love one too but they always locate close to interstate exits. Jackson Hole Junction or even Sunnyside where their sign can be seen far enough for tourists to turn off. Even Hitt Road by the exit from 20. Would get YNP, Jackson Hole, BYU-I traffic and customers too. I've never seen a Cracker Barrel more than 1/4 of a mile or maybe a 1/2 mile away from a major exit.

Plus Cracker Barrel likes to accommodate buses. Has to be closer to the major road exits, IMO.
As much as I'd love to see one here, I have to agree. However, I discovered they've built two on either end of the Las Vegas metro, so we know I'll be hitting one this next Spring
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls