U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-10-2018, 10:33 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,607 posts, read 1,822,734 times
Reputation: 915

Advertisements

Isn't living near a forest, indian reservation or Bureau of Land Management land a big advantage in that you don't have to worry about a developer coming in and building a subdivision that will cause over crowding, more people and traffic?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2018, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,725 posts, read 16,396,121 times
Reputation: 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Isn't living near a forest, indian reservation or Bureau of Land Management land a big advantage in that you don't have to worry about a developer coming in and building a subdivision that will cause over crowding, more people and traffic?
None of the above are close enough to our area to factor in,they are close, just not that close. Bonneville County limits stretch as far East as the WY state line.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 09:08 PM
 
413 posts, read 296,196 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Isn't living near a forest, indian reservation or Bureau of Land Management land a big advantage in that you don't have to worry about a developer coming in and building a subdivision that will cause over crowding, more people and traffic?
You might get robbed if you live close to the reservation. It sounds like Wyoming may just be the only place left for you. Not so much traffic or people. Not for long though. Cheyenne is fixing to see some crazy growth. DOD is investing some 90 billion there. I guess there's always Alaska
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 09:55 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,607 posts, read 1,822,734 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
You might get robbed if you live close to the reservation. It sounds like Wyoming may just be the only place left for you. Not so much traffic or people. Not for long though. Cheyenne is fixing to see some crazy growth. DOD is investing some 90 billion there. I guess there's always Alaska

I would not want to live near Cheyenne or Casper? (the second largest city in Wyoming?)
Laramie also has too much population for me.



So you are saying Indian reservations have high crime rates?
I have heard "Wind River Reservation"?? is full of crime and drugs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 12:38 AM
 
413 posts, read 296,196 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I would not want to live near Cheyenne or Casper? (the second largest city in Wyoming?)
Laramie also has too much population for me.



So you are saying Indian reservations have high crime rates?
I have heard "Wind River Reservation"?? is full of crime and drugs.
I can't speak for reservations much other than Fort Hall. Ive driven through several in AZ and Fort Hall looks fancy in comparison. But yes in general crime per capita is considerably higher. Several employees at the FBI in Pocatello have told me they wouldn't have much of a presence here if not for Fort Hall. Wind River probably much less population. And you would think that proximity to Jackson Hole would play a factor to its culture.

And a project the size of the one in Wyoming would make the whole state grow not just the I-25 corridor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 08:14 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,607 posts, read 1,822,734 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I can't speak for reservations much other than Fort Hall. Ive driven through several in AZ and Fort Hall looks fancy in comparison. But yes in general crime per capita is considerably higher. Several employees at the FBI in Pocatello have told me they wouldn't have much of a presence here if not for Fort Hall. Wind River probably much less population. And you would think that proximity to Jackson Hole would play a factor to its culture.

And a project the size of the one in Wyoming would make the whole state grow not just the I-25 corridor.
Then I will stay near Bureau of Land Management and a forest in hopes of staying away from any future developments.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,725 posts, read 16,396,121 times
Reputation: 2619
I noticed last night driving past Riverside Deli they closed their doors at the end of August. Another empty building...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2018, 05:41 PM
 
91 posts, read 59,406 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I've been watching Idaho Falls' land grab (so to speak) this year and I'm trying to figure out if they're trying to get rid of county islands, which they are no doubt but also wondering if there is more to the story. The latest tract under review is happyville behind the old Kmart on Broadway. It seems that the land they are going after could have some redevelopment potential but without being part of the city, there would be no chance. Just some Friday speculation I suppose.
This land is already owned by the city and is supposed to be turned in to a city park with a mixed use path to connect Pancheri & Grandview. Visit https://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/621/...-Our-Community and check out Project #10 of Appendix C.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 01:18 PM
 
48 posts, read 24,150 times
Reputation: 38
Rei
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2018, 06:43 PM
 
371 posts, read 395,503 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoing View Post
Rei
That would be a wonderful addition to the Westside. Speculation or you hearing something?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top