Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2019, 11:44 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Took me about 5 seconds to find the corner of Lincoln and Hitt on Google maps. Looks like they'll need some infrastructure improvements before the store goes in. Maybe even remove the round-about.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5115.../data=!3m1!1e3

(Looks like 25 E St. is the same street at N. Hitt Rd.)
It's East 25th St. All the county roads were given number designations years ago, but the old names of some of those roads, like Hitt Road, still persist.

The reason why the number grid was created was mostly for fire and police protection. With the old names the roads all had, there was a lot of confusion about the rural addresses during an emergency.

You're right; I'm pretty sure the roundabout will have to go, and I tend to think it may require 2 stoplights to control the traffic flow. That roundabout was one of the first to be built on the county roads, and while it is safer than the 4-way stop the intersection had before, it's overloaded now.

Hitt Road became the most direct rural access to the 17th st. shopping district, and the folks who are coming from northward, from Rigby and farther on, all use it along with the folks who are coming here to shop from Jackson Hole and all that area along the border.

The traffic on U.S. 26 is increasing steadily as all those border towns grow, and the highway is becoming pretty dangerous. There are many rural roads that all empty into 26, and it's the main arterial east and west to the Idaho-Wyoming border.

Lots of people commuting in fast cars and lots of slow farm trucks and equipment share that highway. Much of it is still a narrow 2-lane. It's a big tourist road year round too, and there are lots of bicycle riders that use it.

The Addition of Costco will only add to the traffic. 26 isn't really congested yet, but there are always pockets of congestion along it.
The danger comes from speed; cars can clip along quite fast for stretches of the road, and then the drivers will come up on a slow-moving truck unexpectedly, with no safe place to get around them.

The closer one comes to Idaho Falls, the more 3rd lanes are present, but I think the entire road to the Wyoming border will soon need to be a 3 or 4 lane highway pretty soon. Since US 26 is the oldest route to Wyoming in this entire region, widening it will be complicated by all the old homesteads that are along it.

They all have a pull-off from the highway to a farm house, and some of the property lines must run right to the edge of the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 10:06 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's East 25th St. All the county roads were given number designations years ago, but the old names of some of those roads, like Hitt Road, still persist.

The reason why the number grid was created was mostly for fire and police protection. With the old names the roads all had, there was a lot of confusion about the rural addresses during an emergency.

You're right; I'm pretty sure the roundabout will have to go, and I tend to think it may require 2 stoplights to control the traffic flow. That roundabout was one of the first to be built on the county roads, and while it is safer than the 4-way stop the intersection had before, it's overloaded now.

Hitt Road became the most direct rural access to the 17th st. shopping district, and the folks who are coming from northward, from Rigby and farther on, all use it along with the folks who are coming here to shop from Jackson Hole and all that area along the border.

The traffic on U.S. 26 is increasing steadily as all those border towns grow, and the highway is becoming pretty dangerous. There are many rural roads that all empty into 26, and it's the main arterial east and west to the Idaho-Wyoming border.

Lots of people commuting in fast cars and lots of slow farm trucks and equipment share that highway. Much of it is still a narrow 2-lane. It's a big tourist road year round too, and there are lots of bicycle riders that use it.

The Addition of Costco will only add to the traffic. 26 isn't really congested yet, but there are always pockets of congestion along it.
The danger comes from speed; cars can clip along quite fast for stretches of the road, and then the drivers will come up on a slow-moving truck unexpectedly, with no safe place to get around them.

The closer one comes to Idaho Falls, the more 3rd lanes are present, but I think the entire road to the Wyoming border will soon need to be a 3 or 4 lane highway pretty soon. Since US 26 is the oldest route to Wyoming in this entire region, widening it will be complicated by all the old homesteads that are along it.

They all have a pull-off from the highway to a farm house, and some of the property lines must run right to the edge of the road.

cOSTCO brings in the crowds but that's how they do their marketing analysis based on population.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:45 PM

434 posts, read 416,692 times
There's rumor that Dr Fahim Rahim is moving his whole practice out of the building they just built and will build a new facility in Jackson Hole Junction. It is unclear what spurred the sudden big change

Also, a new bar and a new bed & breakfast downtown

Last edited by Theotherdude; 05-17-2019 at 07:04 PM..

Old 05-19-2019, 08:46 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
The latest rendering for Jackson Hole Junction on Facebook has a C Store but no name and FMP office building which when I looks it up is Fluor Marine Propulsion. Not sure of any details but I'm sure we'll get them soon.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:25 AM

84 posts, read 52,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
There's rumor that Dr Fahim Rahim is moving his whole practice out of the building they just built and will build a new facility in Jackson Hole Junction. It is unclear what spurred the sudden big change

Also, a new bar and a new bed & breakfast downtown
The new primary care/ urgent care at JHJ includes the Idaho Kidney Institute owned by Dr. Rahim. It is currently located north across Sunnyside from his new building. It appears to be a move/expansion of services.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:28 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
The latest rendering for Jackson Hole Junction on Facebook has a C Store but no name and FMP office building which when I looks it up is Fluor Marine Propulsion. Not sure of any details but I'm sure we'll get them soon.
A co-worker told me yesterday JHJ will have a Trader Joe's

Old 05-20-2019, 09:32 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
There goes the neighborhood
Anyplace there is a Trader Joe's there is no parking. Always crowded in parking lots and in store with long lines.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:03 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Quote:
I would be somewhat wary of these Trader Joe's rumors. In my current market, (Tri-Cities, WA), the rumors have been going on for years. But no confirmation by the company. They do tend to operate in secrecy. My investigation into them has led me to believe they are very particular about certain demographics and psychographics before they enter a market.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 PM

168 posts, read 174,061 times
Quote:
I hope your co-worker has good info. Costco and TJ's are all we're really missing, now that good restaurants are popping up around town. A Trader Joe's would be the icing on the retail cake!

Old 05-20-2019, 08:22 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
I'll just sprinkle in a bit of fun here...just drove by the old Sunnyside Gardens and the for sale sign has been changed to under contract. Not quite sure what to think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls