Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 06:46 PM

84 posts, read 51,617 times

Advertisements

This master plan has been updated to include the row houses/townhomes. These won't have any outdoor space, just a tiny front yard. Some include balconies.
https://www.ballventures.com/uploads...lan%202019.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 08:56 AM

5,557 posts, read 4,901,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoing View Post
This master plan has been updated to include the row houses/townhomes. These won't have any outdoor space, just a tiny front yard. Some include balconies.
https://www.ballventures.com/uploads...lan%202019.pdf
Packed in like sardines.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:34 PM

7 posts, read 7,976 times
Can you tell me where you've seen what style of townhouse is being built?

Old 08-17-2019, 07:57 AM

29,175 posts, read 22,146,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Packed in like sardines.
Some folks like it like that.
Home builders here always follow the popular trends of the moment. If they don't think those townhouses wouldn't sell, they would be built.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Home builders here always follow the popular trends of the moment. If they don't think those townhouses wouldn't sell, they would be built.
I thought they made use of every inch of space that they can.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:49 AM

431 posts, read 526,539 times
The Event Center filed a preliminary site plan with the city earlier this month. Looks like what was once a dream may actually become a reality. While I was digging I noticed Costco has also filed a site plan so their timeline is in line. I think the city council approves everything this next meeting and they should be able to break ground soon.

While driving out that way this weekend, it looks like some underground utilities are being laid in the north east corner across from the Costco site so I wouldn't be surprised to hear about that development in the near future.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
The Event Center filed a preliminary site plan with the city earlier this month. Looks like what was once a dream may actually become a reality. While I was digging I noticed Costco has also filed a site plan so their timeline is in line. I think the city council approves everything this next meeting and they should be able to break ground soon.

While driving out that way this weekend, it looks like some underground utilities are being laid in the north east corner across from the Costco site so I wouldn't be surprised to hear about that development in the near future.
That's where I shop the most is Costco then Walmart and Sam's Club

Old 08-19-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Maybe an over 55 age community would be good for lower maintenance but not so good for privacy.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:30 PM

434 posts, read 412,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post

It will be very interesting to watch & see where development wants to happen. In all my years in IF, I've seen that commercial development happens slowly, usually on one edge of town. Now that there are multiple active commercial areas east and west, and a dying need for brick and mortar retail, I see the adjacent to costco commercial park come to fruition in the distant future. As well as potential redevelopment of the heavier commercial uses. I think the Mountain America Arena will bring lots of attention to the westside. I still think for it to come close to rival Hitt road as a retail center, it will need some of the same type of businesses that exist on hitt road. But is this city big enough for them? I dont think so.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:18 PM

434 posts, read 412,568 times
I cannot remember who posted about a hotel south of the Utah ave Walmart. Also cant remember the brand. There is blasting equipment on site now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls