U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2021, 09:52 PM

3,825 posts, read 2,725,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It will probably go to one of my sons.
It's a basic double-barrel. I liked it because it's light and so reliable. Chuckar partridges are such fast little flyers that if I missed, I would never have enough time to get a 3rd shot by the time the flock is long gone.
A Stoeger coach gun.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 03:28 PM

97 posts, read 67,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evGTA15 View Post
Also does anyone know why did they stop construction on the extended stay hotel to the south of Walmart on Utah and behind the new Deseret Book. I believe it was a Staybridge Suites. I’m thinking it might be financial issues due to COVID.
Last I knew they couldn't make the numbers work. The were supposed to be doing one in Pocatello as well. That one resurfaced a while back but has stalled again.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:31 PM

97 posts, read 67,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Mystery solved...Dick's will be moving into the former Macy's...I completely forgot about that space.
Yes, most of the space. They will actually be renovating about 2/3 of it and walling off the rest. There will no longer be three outside entrances either, just the one towards 17th (and the one from the mall).

Last edited by chris1834; 08-10-2021 at 03:51 PM..

Old 08-10-2021, 03:48 PM

3,825 posts, read 2,725,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
Last I knew they couldn't make the numbers work. The were supposed to be doing one in Pocatello as well. That one resurfaced a while back but has stalled again.
Pokey has alot of amenites too.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:10 AM

6 posts, read 2,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
Yes, most of the space. They will actually be renovating about 2/3 of it and walling off the rest. There will no longer be three outside entrances either, just the one towards 17th (and the one from the mall).
So that would leave what, 20-30k square feet? That may be a nice piece for a discount clothing retailer like maybe Marshall’s or something similar.

I’m just glad that the space was able to be filled quickly, I was concerned that Macy’s might sit empty for quite a while.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:09 AM

53 posts, read 28,260 times
The property next to The Home Depot sold.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:45 AM

398 posts, read 431,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoing View Post
The property next to The Home Depot sold.
I know the sellers we're asking for development plans and wouldn't sell without approving them. Can't wait to see what they come up with

Old 09-02-2021, 12:37 PM

4 posts, read 1,054 times
The property just west of the Sleep Inn on sunnyside is requesting annexation with commercial zoning. The plan is to have a new road cut through it and align with old butte road to the north. That could make for some substantial development in the area.
Someone thought they were going to put an outlet mall here at one point, then 2008 happened.

Last edited by Theotherdude2; 09-02-2021 at 12:54 PM..

Old 09-17-2021, 08:41 PM

6 posts, read 2,477 times
OfficeMax is going out of business. Last day is November 13. Hopefully the Northgate Mile Revitalization project can make better use of that plaza, given the extra space.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:57 PM

27,097 posts, read 18,379,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerthegreat View Post
OfficeMax is going out of business. Last day is November 13. Hopefully the Northgate Mile Revitalization project can make better use of that plaza, given the extra space.
I hope the first revitalization happens to the parking lot and the access points.
After the Country Club Mall was demolished, the new building shifted the angle of the parking spot layout.
Every parking spot in that lot is striped at the wrong angle to the Fred Meyer buildings access points and from the street access.

That striping is so bad it causes a lot of bumper dents and damages, and there are far too many spots marked, making the traffic lanes far too narrow. It all needs to be redone completely.

As does all the entrance and exit points in and out of that area. In a big triangular area bounded by 3 wide streets, there isn't one good, safe, and easy access point. It's been like it is now for 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls