Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 07:27 AM

38 posts, read 20,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude2 View Post
The sewage provider that serves Ammon and unicorperated Bonneville county all the way to Shelley just put a moratorium on building permits. I guess the next stage is seeking funding to expand infrastructure, which means a bond. Good luck with that one. Its possible builders come up with a plan for their own plant not connecting to the existing system. New towns happen this way. Local housing prices will only go up either way.
Is this EIRWWA you’re talking about? I’m surprised they’re already at a point they need to upgrade, though maybe that was part of the impetus for the authority’s creation. I’ve heard rumors IBSD has been looking at leaving Idaho Falls’ system, I wonder if this impacts their decision. The real winner here is Idaho Falls, they’ll have building permits continue like no one’s business and get that impact fee funding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 05:53 PM

432 posts, read 533,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerthegreat View Post
Is this EIRWWA you’re talking about? I’m surprised they’re already at a point they need to upgrade, though maybe that was part of the impetus for the authority’s creation. I’ve heard rumors IBSD has been looking at leaving Idaho Falls’ system, I wonder if this impacts their decision. The real winner here is Idaho Falls, they’ll have building permits continue like no one’s business and get that impact fee funding.
I was thinking the same thing. Idaho Falls should reap the rewards. If developers were looking to build in the county the may end up looking to Idaho Falls and deal with the impact fees so they can get their projects off the ground. This area is growing too fast and the demand is there.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:44 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerthegreat View Post
It was part of the decision to leave.
Idaho Falls sewer plant is at full capacity and can't handle much future county growth. It's and old design, so expanding the capacity is very difficult and very expensive to do.

But Idaho Falls size makes a bond passage for a new plant easier than passage would be for Ammon, Iona, Lincoln, and Shelley alone could ever pass individually.
A plant with the combined authority of them all was the only way a bond large enough to meet the cost demands of a new plant.

Once that new plant is finished, it takes the pressure off Idaho Falls' aging facility. A new plant allows either facility to take over in an emergency.

So there are benefits for all in this.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:57 AM

Just downloaded the updated flyer for the Riviera Park project across from Costco on Hitt Road. A few highlights were the letters of intent (Broulims, Monkey Rock, Taco Bell, AT&T, Beehive Credit Union and a few others). Also included was a more descriptive layout of the proposed multi family apartments and townhomes.

Of course all of this is only possible, nothing is firm until announcements are made.

Old 07-11-2022, 09:25 AM

38 posts, read 20,796 times
Speaking of, MtnWest has a listing for the Sonic at Pancheri and Yellowstone, so I suspect they are not going to reopen Sonic in that location.

Old 07-11-2022, 11:32 AM

14 posts, read 8,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Just downloaded the updated flyer for the Riviera Park project across from Costco on Hitt Road. A few highlights were the letters of intent (Broulims, Monkey Rock, Taco Bell, AT&T, Beehive Credit Union and a few others). Also included was a more descriptive layout of the proposed multi family apartments and townhomes.

Of course all of this is only possible, nothing is firm until announcements are made.
Interesting tenant list.

There's already a Broulim's and a Taco Bell along Hitt, so I'm surprised to see additional locations for each on the same street.

Monkey Rock appears to be a new venture in the similar model of a Dave & Buster's or Jillian's, with a restaurant, bowling alley, and video arcade all under one roof. Looks like their first location is currently a work in progress in El Paso, Texas. They've signed a LOI for a huge space, on par with the Broulim's.

Seven Brothers is also a new name to me. It appears to be a Hawaiian/Jesus-themed burger chain with a handful of existing locations in Hawaii and Utah and ambitious expansion plans, especially around Utah. Fast casual vibe, based on photos of existing locations.

Looking at the site layout, it looks like it's designed with multiple other fast-service restaurants in mind. There are at least 4 other buildings drawn with drive-through lanes. No surprises among the other commercial tenants (so far), though the scale of the housing portion is pretty big. The apartment complex has 11 large buildings (similar in size to The Falls), and the townhouses look to be over 150 units.

All that is to say - that intersection is going to be crowded! I wonder how well the roundabout will handle such a big increase in traffic to the area.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:32 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oheyitsmatt View Post
Interesting tenant list.

There's already a Broulim's and a Taco Bell along Hitt, so I'm surprised to see additional locations for each on the same street.

Monkey Rock appears to be a new venture in the similar model of a Dave & Buster's or Jillian's, with a restaurant, bowling alley, and video arcade all under one roof. Looks like their first location is currently a work in progress in El Paso, Texas. They've signed a LOI for a huge space, on par with the Broulim's.

Seven Brothers is also a new name to me. It appears to be a Hawaiian/Jesus-themed burger chain with a handful of existing locations in Hawaii and Utah and ambitious expansion plans, especially around Utah. Fast casual vibe, based on photos of existing locations.

Looking at the site layout, it looks like it's designed with multiple other fast-service restaurants in mind. There are at least 4 other buildings drawn with drive-through lanes. No surprises among the other commercial tenants (so far), though the scale of the housing portion is pretty big. The apartment complex has 11 large buildings (similar in size to The Falls), and the townhouses look to be over 150 units.

All that is to say - that intersection is going to be crowded! I wonder how well the roundabout will handle such a big increase in traffic to the area.
I thought I read somewhere that particular wreck-a-bout was to become a signal with all that is planned

Old 07-13-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Interesting tenant list.

The Broulims and Taco Bell locations aren't really too close to each other...think about Albertsons they are only a few miles away from each other on 17thto serve the population in their areas.

Old 07-13-2022, 03:01 PM

14 posts, read 8,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
The Broulims and Taco Bell locations aren't really too close to each other...think about Albertsons they are only a few miles away from each other on 17thto serve the population in their areas.
I don't necessarily disagree. Maybe just my own bias showing through. Physically, those two Broulim's locations would be farther apart from each other than the two Albertson's locations along 17th. I just think that they're already covering the east side of town pretty well. I really like Broulim's, but I live clear on the other side of town and have to drive past 4 other grocery stores to get to it, so I never go there. But if they opened a location closer to the west side, I might! But I guess there's a ton of growth over on that side of town, so it makes sense. Selfishly, I'd just like more options that don't require me to drive over to Ammon.

Bigger picture, I think any of the grocery chains that serves IF could make a killing by opening a location closer to the west side, perhaps in Snake River Landing or along Yellowstone between 17th and Sunnyside. The whole west side of town is currently only served by Walmart and the worst of the three Albertson's locations.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree. Maybe just my own bias showing through. Physically, those two Broulim's locations would be farther apart from each other than the two Albertson's locations along 17th. I just think that they're already covering the east side of town pretty well. I really like Broulim's, but I live clear on the other side of town and have to drive past 4 other grocery stores to get to it, so I never go there. But if they opened a location closer to the west side, I might! But I guess there's a ton of growth over on that side of town, so it makes sense. Selfishly, I'd just like more options that don't require me to drive over to Ammon.

Bigger picture, I think any of the grocery chains that serves IF could make a killing by opening a location closer to the west side, perhaps in Snake River Landing or along Yellowstone between 17th and Sunnyside. The whole west side of town is currently only served by Walmart and the worst of the three Albertson's locations.
You may get your wish soon. Rumor has it that Broulims purchased the reeds dairy property and will be building a store there as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls