Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 12:02 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,433,954 times

Advertisements

This weekend will have open houses for Teton VW and also the Bandon River Apts. In SRL.

Here's a link about the nes adult ( > 62 y.o.) apts.
Mobile Site Preview

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 12:29 AM

Default Taylor's Crossing some New Tenants

Per BizMojo Idaho, Flour and NuScale will expand a bit of their office space in Taylor's Crossing. A mstching $217 million agreement with the DOE will put the OR based company finally starting work on the small nuclear reactors. BizMojo has a thorough description.

This is a big deal and most certainly will bring some higher paying jobs and perhaps new companies to Idaho Falls. Given interests and projects, if I understand this correctly up to $ 2 Billion could be spent building what NuCor wants.

An important date to remember is Aug. 21, the Suppliers Day for the Intermountain Energy Summit. Vendors will have the opportunity to learn what types of supplies etc. will be needed.

http://www.intermountainenergysummit.com/index.html

Old 06-05-2014, 12:44 AM

Cool A Couple of Other Projects to Watch For

Totally unrelated to each other. I wouldn't post this first one if they didn't have a presence in Idaho Falls already.

It appears Idaho Packaging or IPak currently on Heyrend, will be building a facility closer to Exit #113. I don't know what that means except more than one building will be involved, although I don't know the timing.

And Idaho Falls Pediatrics is adding staff and building a second office in Skyline. It's close to $1,000,000 and will be at S. Skyline and Pancheri. They anticipate being in that building in the fall when an additional pediatrician will arrive. But, they will also keep their Coronado location, which they rent.

Do I hear busy, busy construction crews this summer/fall?

Old 06-07-2014, 09:11 PM

Question Maybe a Different Target Possibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
IDK - tmp4. You and I like Target. Probably because we've been in higher end ones. I was really disappointed how.much was left out of the I.F. store.

You seem to have an ear for Target. Any rumors you're hearing or other?

There is something I saw recently that would support that theory.
tmp4,

I have a different possible theory about Target. I was in that shopping center very briefly today. First, it looks like a business is going in next to Staples. I have no idea what company, there simply were no signs and a few things like a saw horse near the front.

If you've read the Hitt and 17th St. thread you'll know one thing that I can't forget as it seemed so unusual to me.

Ammon Mayor Kirkham has said on more than one occasion how important it is for them to get a stop light at Target. She has put a stoplight, which of course Ammon wants Idaho Falls to pay half the cost, at Target at the same level of need/importance as Hitt and 17th, which confuses me!

Perhaps the new business which will open by Staples, is something desperately needed or desired and she can't announce it yet.

Or maybe Target will expand in their current location adding all the Depts. which weren't included or scaled down. That, to me, would explain why Ammon is so stuck on Target and a light,; they basically had to have Ball Ventures walk them through the zoning changes, financing etc. to get the second road at SCC. I don't think Ammon is use to having multiple development issues in one meeting.

Target could be moving to a bigger spot in SCC, but I believe there will be something expand or something where traffic is expected to increase, causing the Mayor and Ammon City Council to return to a light for the current discussion at every meeting.

Is there room for Target to expand to a Super Target at their current location?

What do you think of that possibility?

MSR

Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 AM

Thumbs up $8.8 Expansion for Anheuser -'Busch Plant

Beer Fest with four gold ribbons going to IBC in Idaho Falls seems like the perfect time to learn about growth for Anheuser- Busch. The barley malting plant is expanding with a processing building and two holding tanks costing $ 8.8 Million to build.
This information can be found on BizMojo.

No estimate on how many new jobs, which usually aren't many. However, besides the validation the Idaho Falls area economy is recovering in many sectors. Anheuser- Busch are not minimum wage jobs.

To me the important message is Anheuser-Busch likes the product from Idaho Falls. This is very good news for farmers who grow barley. It's almost 200 additional acres being added for this expansion.

For those of us who will most likely be in the Idaho Falls area longer than weeks to months, there are new businesses spread throughout the city, INL growth and expansion of existing businesses. These are signs of hard work, satisfied customers/owners and growth. Hopefully, the City will benefit and address needs in Government.

Good job, Idaho Falls

MSR

Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 PM

Cool IFRA $3 Million Expansion Done

The TV news hasn't posted this yet, despite showing it. This looks like a nice expansion for passengers. The # 1 priority will now be getting a commercial flight back for Boise. Do I hear Delta/Sky West rising to the need?

From East Idaho news Idaho Falls Holds Ribbon Cutting for IFRA Terminal Expansion | East Idaho News

It's a busy, busy week for development. NuScale is generating a lot of interest

MSR

Old 06-11-2014, 10:47 PM

Lightbulb TV Coverage of Anheuser-Busch

Quote:
Beer Fest with four gold ribbons going to IBC in Idaho Falls seems like the perfect time to learn about growth for Anheuser- Busch. The barley malting plant is expanding with a processing building and two holding tanks costing $ 8.8 Million to build.
This information can be found on BizMojo.

No estimate on how many new jobs, which usually aren't many. However, besides the validation the Idaho Falls area economy is recovering in many sectors. Anheuser- Busch are not minimum wage jobs.

To me the important message is Anheuser-Busch likes the product from Idaho Falls. This is very good news for farmers who grow barley. It's almost 200 additional acres being added for this expansion.

For those of us who will most likely be in the Idaho Falls area longer than weeks to months, there are new businesses spread throughout the city, INL growth and expansion of existing businesses. These are signs of hard work, satisfied customers/owners and growth. Hopefully, the City will benefit and address needs in Government.

Good job, Idaho Falls

MSR

As always it is amusing to see the tv stories about projects we posted earlier. KPVI reported on D. L. Evans Bank being built in Ammon. KIFI/KIDK reported on the $8.8 Million barley plant expasion. I guess the news directors don't understand yet that Agricultural is big business in the Snake River Valley. Fortunately, others do.
Anheuser-Busch expanding Idaho Falls plant | Latest News - Home

MSR

Old 06-11-2014, 10:57 PM

Lightbulb TV Coverage

Quote:
The TV news hasn't posted this yet, despite showing it. This looks like a nice expansion for passengers. The # 1 priority will now be getting a commercial flight back for Boise. Do I hear Delta/Sky West rising to the need?

From East Idaho news Idaho Falls Holds Ribbon Cutting for IFRA Terminal Expansion | East Idaho News

It's a busy, busy week for development. NuScale is generating a lot of interest

MSR
Here's KPVI's report about the expanded I.F. airport. Are you working on a flight schedule between I. F. and Boise, Sky West?
IFRA Opens Expanded Terminal - KPVI News 6 - Pocatello, ID

MSR

Old 06-17-2014, 08:08 PM

Default Guns and Gear on Crane Dr.

I'm guessing the 20,000 sq ft. Guns and Gear is the indoor shooting range we learned about at the end of the year. At least work is starting and it will be on Crane Dr.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:32 PM

Question New Building by Ammon Walmart?

I've gone back and forth about a new building by the Ammon Walmart, north of Panda Express. Has anyone else seen this? If so, what or who is bldg.?

I always laugh about this pad as I am reminded of those who either haven't looked or don't know what they are seeing at the SLC Airport. I use this example as the construction of the airport starts this fall. However, both due to the Great Salt Lake and what will be built in which order, I don't know if a couple of people I heard talk about it know what they are talking about. I wish they could have heard my friend!

I have a good friend who is "colorful" in his discussions. I also wouldn't believe anyone else if they reported the same "adventure" to me. It kind of didn't dawn on my friend if he started walking among the building trailers, cranes on the ground etc. at the new airport site, he could just walk in an area to see if certain building materials at SLC Int''l were and not have to answer any questions. I believe he said there were three officers and they all made excellent points I can't write his response more than to say he told them he was checking the structures to see if they were a specialized building item used 1-2 months pre-construction by the Great Salt Lake or the next step of the first building ........

So like my friend, minus his very colorful description, I think there is a pad near the Ammon Walmart, but I may be wrong as it may be a base for a cell tower or other. Unlike my friend, I'm not going to walk around and see what happens .

If you know if this is a new building in Ammon please add here.

And hint.....don't walk among construction supplies at any airport unless you are ready to potentially be charged with some crimes.

Thanks! MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 07-03-2014 at 09:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls