Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 03:51 PM

82 posts, read 97,539 times

Advertisements

I heard that Stoplight pizza in Ririe is opening shop in Idaho Falls. They will be at Yellowstone and E street. My friend, who has eaten in the Ririe shop says the 32" brick oven pizza is worth the trip. ( and something to behold ! ) He says prices are very reasonable, too.
I hope they do well here. It's a locally owned business, and I hear they craft a very high quality pie. Early February, I' m looking forward to trying 'em out !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 11:43 AM

75 posts, read 87,467 times
Reed's Dairy has a post up on their Facebook page indicating they're putting in an eastside store location at Sunnyside and Hitt. From the mockup photo, I think it's where the Cheeseburger Factory used to be.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:11 PM

There is a sign up at the southwest corner of Hitt and Sunnyside proclaiming it to be the new home of Washington Federal Bank.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:00 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Smile Let the Positioning Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
There is a sign up at the southwest corner of Hitt and Sunnyside proclaiming it to be the new home of Washington Federal Bank.
I drove through Hitt and Sunnyside going home today. I agree with siege that there is indeed a sign on the SW corner (west of the Signs of SCC and Zions Bank) stating Washington Federal will have an office there completed in 2015. Thst sign has not been there long.

I also know that Mtn. America Credit Union is building a branch in SCC. They have a small branch in Sagewood III currently. My understanding is the full service branch will replace the small branch. Construction will start fairly soon.

Gee, Ammon will make some national stat list in the future given how many new banks/credit unions they drew to the community that weren't previously in the city. Most have had branches in I.F. but these and most other banks haven't been in Ammon previously. Washington Federal will still be in Idaho Falls.

A couple of questions for those who know about things like this. 1. My brain was focused on other things. I was trying to think where locations of Washington Federal Bank are, IF any already exist locally. I drew a blank. Are there existing branches in Idaho Falls? If so, where are they? It seems like there might be one downtown, but I can't remember for sure.

2. From your perspective, what does it mean that the banks and credit unions are building now ahead of all tenants being secured for SCC and property for sell on the SW (I.F. side) of Hitt and Sunnyside? Who or what do these banks/credit unions serve? Do they want residential checking/savings and maybe mortgages? Or are they focused more on business accounts? Or C. All the above?

Sometimes I think the "why" of who is building is as interesting and important as the "who."

Good pick up siege

msr

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-27-2015 at 11:08 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 11:46 PM

Washington Federal has a branch downtown at 500 N Capital, and acquired the Bank of America branch a while back at Holmes and 1st St.
A lot of business is starting fresh, but also a good number of businesses are relocating to that area. If their current bank is not available for daily deposits and other banking needs on the east side, most would assess the cost of driving across town, and the time used to do so, to continue using a facility which is not convient to their location. Medical offices that have to deal with daily insurance payments, retail stores who need to replenish cash drawers, any business with a large cash flow which may want to deposit more than once daily, and all the area's employees who have personal banking needs are a few of the reasons to put a branch in what is arguably the fastest developing area on this side of the state.
The same thought process applies to which post office to use. Will you be mailing out statements, advertising, and other high volume mail ? Does your business use a post office box, and do you have to go pick up the mail every morning? Are you going to drive out to 4th street, or even downtown from SCC ? There will be a lot of similar decisions to be made, and a lot of business opportunities as a result. Growth will breed more growth. I think the banks are doing their best to anticipate what's coming, and understandably, they all want to get their share.

Last edited by siege; 01-27-2015 at 11:56 PM..

Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Washington Federal has a branch downtown at 500 N Capital, and acquired the Bank of America branch a while back at Holmes and 1st St.
A lot of business is starting fresh, but also a good number of businesses are relocating to that area. If their current bank is not available for daily deposits and other banking needs on the east side, most would assess the cost of driving across town, and the time used to do so, to continue using a facility which is not convient to their location. Medical offices that have to deal with daily insurance payments, retail stores who need to replenish cash drawers, any business with a large cash flow which may want to deposit more than once daily, and all the area's employees who have personal banking needs are a few of the reasons to put a branch in what is arguably the fastest developing area on this side of the state.
The same thought process applies to which post office to use. Will you be mailing out statements, advertising, and other high volume mail ? Does your business use a post office box, and do you have to go pick up the mail every morning? Are you going to drive out to 4th street, or even downtown from SCC ? There will be a lot of similar decisions to be made, and a lot of business opportunities as a result. Growth will breed more growth. I think the banks are doing their best to anticipate what's coming, and understandably, they all want to get their share.
That is a good and thorough description siege. You've been holding back a knowledge of daily business operations from us. Yes, I agree about new business wanting banking close. Unless I've mixed them up, didn't Wells Fargo open a branch in the Idaho Falls WalMart? I commented to others at that time I wondered what businesses were looking at property nearby that used that bank.

It's interesting that SCC is starting or rapidly adding financial institutions, but SRL hasn't. Besides Zions Bank, and the branch of Wells Fargo, the banks are farther away. I'd think the restaurants would need the banks a bit closer.

What both SCC and SRL could use, from my perspective, is a franchise of UPS or Alpha Graphics, that also do provide USPS services. Or a business person could do what's been done in both Skyline and Ammon..a smaller business with a different name, but they still provide.packing, photocopying and shipping where UPS, Fedex and the USPS stop daily. Adding .mailboxes, like UPS has would be a plus and staying open until 11:00 p.m. or midnight would be a big help, IMO.

I'd give you another rep point sierge but I can't. What would you put in SCC for a "fun" or R and R for residents? I'll expect an equally detailed post from you, siege and maybe Chris, tmp4, DanQ., Theotherdude and others will share their ideas too Tmp4, maybe a gym here, or is it too close to others?

msr

Old 01-28-2015, 04:16 PM

Question By Washington Federal? Possibly a PNW Corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I have found credibility in this fred meyer expanding as I recently heard about it other than here. I just think the property at Sunnyside & woodruff may be a little small for what they want. From what I heard, fred meyer teamed up with some large tennants looking to leave the grand teton mall. I dont know how true any of this is, but names such as Sears and dillards were thrown around. Does anyone know perhaps if general growth properties (operator of the mall) has a history of making such tenants want to leave? I also acknowledge that these tenants possibly had their name in the mix just in attempt to get general growth's attention. I do believe fred meyer will happen probably near hitt rd & Sunnyside. All other speculations, who knows? But it is getting interesting to say the least.
Theotherdude,

Do you mean the SW corner by Washington Federal? Is that where you think Fred Meyers will build another store? Wasn't WA Federal in store at many Fred Meyers for many years? Then WAMU and others replaced Washington Federal. Perhaps that will be the corner will be dedicated to PNW businesses

I have heard zero about Sears and Diillards. I was trying to think of any free standing Dillards in any state that I had seen. I was thinking even in AZ, TX, LA, AL, FL and elsewhere Dillards was always a mall anchor. Sears - I have seen exactly one new stand alone store.. i'm not sure how many demands Sears is making anywhere they have a K-Mart in the same market. I'm sure all mall mgt. Gets old after many years.

In general, what were their potential complaints about General Growth Properties.?

The one discussion I could picture with all the parties you mentioned is if Fred Meyer wanted to open a jewelry store in the mall like they have in many locations. There is space available now that the Idaho Falls Dental Group built their new office across Hitt Road and the entrance to Cabela's.

I was just thiinking the almost 70 pages of restrictions, no competes and other covenants Broulim's got approved could only be enforced in Ammon. So a Fred Meyer's in Idaho Falls side of Hitt wouldn't be subject to what they could or couldn't have in the store.

Did you hear a timeline?

msr

Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 PM

I learned today that Washington Federal will be closing the branch on First and Holmes when the new Hitt and Sunnyside location opens in the fall.
By the way, Reed's ice cream is worth the drive, which ever side of town you have to go to. However, I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy it without the dairy's associated "ambiance"
Entertainment ? Perhaps a game area ala Leo's, for the kids. Something like a Chuckie Cheese ? An arcade maybe ? Dave and Busters for the young adults looking for some fun ?
For the grownups, a true restaurant and lounge that offers quality live music for an adult night out. Not just another bar. We have our share of bars. Great dining, good music, a dance floor, and a mature environment. Anyone still remember soft music ? An emcee, not a D.J. ? No amplifiers, no huge speakers, only the soft sounds of dinner conversation, that does not have to compete with loud, abrasive music.
Here's an open question to all...... when you are in another city, or state, what are you able to go and do, that is not available here ? Favorite places to visit that have something to offer that Idaho Falls / Ammon does not. I'm not talking about tropical beaches and deep sea fishing, but rather something that would realistically be available to do right here.

Last edited by siege; 01-28-2015 at 10:23 PM..

Old 01-29-2015, 01:23 AM

Default Reed Dairy to Open Eastside in February

Ok, I'll not respond to siege's good questions and rlook forward to reading what others write.

Meanwhile, where is Reed's Dairy going Eastside that they can open in Feb?

Reed's Dairy expands in Ammon | Home - Home

MSR

Old 01-29-2015, 10:17 AM

75 posts, read 87,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

Meanwhile, where is Reed's Dairy going Eastside that they can open in Feb?

Reed's Dairy expands in Ammon | Home - Home

MSR
The old Cheeseburger Factory location on Sunnyside and Hitt, in the same building with Tesoro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls